GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The one on the corner of Lincoln and National (in a little strip-mall...excuse the PUN) is gone now (gone for 2-3 years, I believe). I've been inside and it had a full assortment of S&M clothing and toys. A 2 minute drive from where he lived and where he worked (WAPD). I remember being in awe of the leather clothing, collars, whips and chains but my fantasy only lasted a couple of minutes. :panic:

I don't know where it is exactly....their website still has it listed, initials are SV (of the shop)?

Edit: Looked it up, says its on Greenfield, near 98th.

Judy, You have the victims backwards. Jenny was the first victim in this case, not Laura.

I'm sorry - not meaning to be insensitive to these women! I think it was because Jenny was identified last that it has stuck in my mind she was last to be killed. I owe it to them to get my facts straight in their honor.

I don't know where it is exactly....their website still has it listed, initials are SV (of the shop)?

Edit: Looked it up, says its on Greenfield, near 98th.

Well now - that sounds like another shop and it may still be there. Greenfield is a stop and go light from Lincoln (North of Lincoln). The shop on National is a little south of Lincoln. He lives (lived) on 81 st and Lincoln and the station is on 113th and Lincoln - In other words this is 2 minutes North of where he lived and worked.

I'll have to drive past there and see if it's still there. Thanks for the update.

Also the way he disposed of the bodies is telling. These were not human beings to him. He most likely objectified them all along, not getting rid of the evidence until he couldn't handle the smell any longer. Also, he knew LE was on to him. He dumped the bodies, not because he did anything wrong, but because he didn't want to get caught. It's totally possible in his mind he did nothing wrong - it was an accident and most likely THEIR fault. No empathy - no remorse. I hope that is coming through loud and clear as they question him because it is key to looking at the psychological profile.

BBM. I agree but not for the reasons you suggest. SZ knew LE was onto him for Laura's disappearance and had to get rid of the bodies. Had Laura not been reported missing, I honestly do not believe either of these women would have ever been found.

IMO, Jenny's death was possibly an accident. I think he kept her out of fear but eventually the visual became part of his fantasy.... in time just the handcuffs wasn't enough so he needed a second victim with more toys so he could relive the fantasy over and over. He never counted on anyone reporting Laura missing because no one ever reported Jenny missing.

He managed to keep Jenny's remains for over a year-through the summer of 2013. If the odor was a problem, he would have gotten rid of Jenny's remains much sooner. The fact that he kept them for as long as he did is indicative of hiding a crime.

I can think of so many ways to rip apart the defense's theory this was consensual sex gone wrong I'm sure the prosecution is going to be able to tear the defense apart.

Thinking ahead to when this gets to trial..... What are the thoughts on two separate trials in two states? Beneficial for the victims or for SZ?

I wonder if the murder trial in WI would occur prior to a trial in MN since the first victim was killed in WI?

Lot's of questions.......

I lived in Kenosha for years and the picture that is being painted isn't fair, Kenosha does have its own little "ghetto" area if you will, but it is a very nice town actually. There is a *advertiser censored* shop right off the highway in the middle of everything, it is a *advertiser censored* and smoke shop....it has been there literally forever....it is not far from the hotel SZ stayed at but that area is not a seedy area, it just has one business that is oddly there because its always been there...before that area was built up. The Woodmans grocery store (that everyone shops at) is a 30 second drive from that shop. The *advertiser censored* shop is on one side of the highway and the hotel in Kenosha that he stayed at with Jenny is on the other side of the highway. Rallygrrl--since you are mentioning the A&W, maybe you are thinking about Racine? The A&W is in Franksville, which is in Racine County....Racine does have a less then stellar reputation and is right up the road from Kenosha. I am not saying nothing bad ever happens in Kenosha, but it's not a place with a bad reputation per se. It is definitely located right off the highway and a place that could be stopped at without issue if he picked up Jenny from O'Hare, as Rallygrrl stated...the fact that the *advertiser censored* shop is very close to that hotel, leads me to believe that may have been why he picked it, but who knows what goes through his mind.

You are right. I conceed. The A&W is actually Racine Co. I am sorry if I had hurt some feelings about Kenosha...but, if you are familiar with the area, ya know.

Kenosha is a transition area. I am not dissing people from Kenosha. Many of my friends are. I am talking about the interstate and how you can pretty much pass through without anyone noticing.

I can't believe how much Hwy 50 exit has changed! I used to exit there to go to the Brat Stop (never noticed a *advertiser censored* shop). Who remembers one of the first outlet malls that was also at that exit? (years ago, all torn down now). actually, there's been considerable improvement in the businesses at 94/Hwy 50. I haven't been enjoying construction for practically the entire distance between S. Milwaukee and the state line...the seasons of the Midwest, eh?

You are right. I conceed. The A&W is actually Racine Co. I am sorry if I had hurt some feelings about Kenosha...but, if you are familiar with the area, ya know.

Has anyone been to the new A&W in Racine? Kinda miss the old location - used to stop at the gas station that's also gone now (their bathrooms weren't the best - and I know bathrooms !)

I can't believe how much Hwy 50 exit has changed! I used to exit there to go to the Brat Stop (never noticed a *advertiser censored* shop). Who remembers one of the first outlet malls that was also at that exit? (years ago, all torn down now). actually, there's been considerable improvement in the businesses at 94/Hwy 50. I haven't been enjoying construction for practically the entire distance between S. Milwaukee and the state line...the seasons of the Midwest, eh?

Its on the other side of the highway and just north of the Brat Stop, right by the Harley dealer. I remember that mall! :)

BBM. I agree but not for the reasons you suggest. SZ knew LE was onto him for Laura's disappearance and had to get rid of the bodies. Had Laura not been reported missing, I honestly do not believe either of these women would have ever been found.

IMO, Jenny's death was possibly an accident. I think he kept her out of fear but eventually the visual became part of his fantasy.... in time just the handcuffs wasn't enough so he needed a second victim with more toys so he could relive the fantasy over and over. He never counted on anyone reporting Laura missing because no one ever reported Jenny missing.

He managed to keep Jenny's remains for over a year-through the summer of 2013. If the odor was a problem, he would have gotten rid of Jenny's remains much sooner. The fact that he kept them for as long as he did is indicative of hiding a crime.

I can think of so many ways to rip apart the defense's theory this was consensual sex gone wrong I'm sure the prosecution is going to be able to tear the defense apart.

Very interesting to explore. Yes, I'm feeling more confident he won't get away with this. Thanks for your thoughts.

It will also be interesting to see if LE has uncovered other victims or potential victims that have come forth such as the one in 2001 - looking at how aggressive his stalking and harassment style was as a LE officer I have a hard time believing he was able to just stop cold turkey for a year or more, I would suspect that SZ at the very least made some attempts to acquire more victims during the time period between Jenny and Laura.....

Hmmm....a quick google search just informed me that the *advertiser censored* shop I mentioned above has a sister store with the same name in West Allis.

No way! OMG! I have to look into this. Are you sure? This is the first time I heard anything about this.

Thank you. You are right...The A&W is Racine. But it is pretty close. I know which *advertiser censored* shop you are talking about....it is close to the cheese castle. I am just trying to (very poorly) say that it is not a long drive from O'hare back to Milw. Thank you for backing me up.

It is actually on Chase just off Lincoln. Across the street from the old Kmart and kitty-corner to Target.

That was my old hood and they had a shop nearby that sold old video games. I am a gamer and went around there a lot. It was next door...near the Chinese restaurant and the car place.

YES...SOS nailed it. I have been trying so hard to explain the pathology...but I failed. Look at the posts by SOS.

He ain't getting away with this. He is lucky as *advertiser censored* that he is in Walworth because if he ended up in Franklin...those men do not play games. He would be dead by now. The boys in HOC will kill you over some refried beans. He has it pretty cozy right now...but it ain't gonna stay that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back