Found Deceased WI- Lindsay A. Folan, 38, Rome, 24 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BREAKING: Missing Rome woman found dead

CONFIRMED; FOUND DECEASED
Folan was found deceased at 8:34 am Saturday morning near the town of Leola.

Missing woman found dead, Town of Rome police say

According to a news release, Lindsay A. Folan was found in the Town of Leola around 8:30 a.m. Saturday.

The release said she was determined to be Folan based on her driver’s license.

Police said it is an active investigation and no more information will be released right now.

Rome Police Department

PRESS RELEASE UPDATE!!
For Immediate Release
Date: December 26, 2020
Contact: Lieutenant Zachery Roberts of the Adams County Sheriff’s Office (608-339-3304), Sergeant Brian Upton of the Town of Rome Police Department (715) 325-8020, Adams County Dispatch (608) 339-3304, or Adams County Crime Stoppers 1-877-524-5846.
Missing Person Update
Lindsey Folan
On Saturday, December 26, 2020 at approximately 8:34 AM, Adams County Dispatch Center received a phone call of a female subject deceased in the town of Leola, Adams County Wisconsin.
Through investigation the victim was determined through Wisconsin Picture Driver’s License to be missing person Lindsey Folan.
This is still an active investigation and no more information will be released at this time.

Leola is a township not a town so to speak. We still have to transport our garbage to the town hall dumpster each week. It is rural . Police passed my house this morning heading west on county road O towards the west end of Leola/Rome area border. Area they were heading consists of large tracts of marshy/wooded areas. It’s one of the quieter areas around here.

When I googled Leola to see where it was on a map, the first thing that came up was the Leola Marsh State Wildlife Area. I wonder if that's where Lindsay was.
That is in the vicinity. It’s grasslands dedicated to prairie chicken restoration. Ambulance and police were headed West on County O towards the Leola/Rome border this morning as they past my house.

Leola is a township not a town so to speak. We still have to transport our garbage to the town hall dumpster each week. It is rural . Police passed my house this morning heading west on county road O towards the west end of Leola/Rome area border. Area they were heading consists of large tracts of marshy/wooded areas. It’s one of the quieter areas around here.

hello, can you ELI5 some basic outlines of Wisconsin government? There's this Rome, a town in Adams County, and another Rome, a CDP in Jefferson County?

Towns are larger geographic areas with no central locations of population, 8x8 mile block of land or similar is Leola I believe. They do have a town board, etc.. Villages are larger concentrations within a small area (Village of Plainfield/Hancock (nearby ones)). Then cities, etc.. The CDP looks like a US census bureau designation of some sort for statistical analysis.

I’ve always been curious to what is meant by township? Difference in a town vs a township?

I live in a very rural town (population around 500) but never really heard township being used around here like it is in other states.

Seems likely to me to be a single vehicle accident situation.

Ironically, the post underneath the one about Lindsay on the Rome Police Department Facebook page is about their Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign.

So sad. RIP Lindsay.

I’ve always been curious to what is meant by township? Difference in a town vs a township?

I live in a very rural town (population around 500) but never really heard township being used around here like it is in other states.
Townships are just how counties are divided up. The term is more common in rural areas with unincorporated towns or settlements or large areas with few homesteads. For example, Rome is in Adam's County which is almost 100sq miles with only 27k population in a handful of towns, so the townships divide up the area to make it easier to govern things like road maintenance and schools. I hope that helps!

Seems likely to me to be a single vehicle accident situation.

Ironically, the post underneath the one about Lindsay on the Rome Police Department Facebook page is about their Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign.

So sad. RIP Lindsay.
It's weird how things are worded - everyone's saying she was found but I've seen no mentions of the car... I wonder if the car was found with her. I'm sure it was

I live about 1.5 hours from Leola. The temperature at the time of Lindsay Folan’s disappearance (1:30AM on 12/24) was approximately 13 degrees from an earlier daytime high of 50 degrees (12/23). If she had been out all day, I’m wondering if she was dressed for that temperature change? The temps into Christmas Eve day fell to single digits with much lower wind chill temps. If one is incapacitated, hypothermia becomes a real danger.
Adams, WI Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com

It's weird how things are worded - everyone's saying she was found but I've seen no mentions of the car... I wonder if the car was found with her. I'm sure it was
This stood out to me as well. It may be nothing but it seems odd that her car is not mentioned. MOO

DEC 26, 2020
UPDATED: Missing Rome woman found dead in Adams County | 95.5 WIFC
Adams County authorities have confirmed that the body of 38-year-old Lindsay Folan was found in the Town of Leola Saturday.

[...]

On Saturday a resident reported a deceased female body to the Adams County Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

Welcome to Websleuths, @rearlwinters4! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back