Identified! WI - Monroe Co, Skeletal Remains SW of Camp Douglas, Nov 2018- Jose Juan Zuniga-Jimenez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
CLIFTON, Wis. (WSAW) -- The Monroe County Sheriff says a hunter has found human remains southwest of Camp Douglas.

The remains were found around 4 p.m. Friday in the Township of Clifton near County Highway W.

Hunter finds human remains in Monroe County

Monroe County Sheriff Scott Perkins said a call came in around 3:40 p.m. Friday, November 23, from a person hunting a wooded area near County Highway W in Monroe County.

The remains have been recovered but not identified and the cause of death has not yet been determined, according to the Sheriff Perkins.

The case is under investigation.

Skeletal remains found in Monroe County

The investigation is ongoing and further information will be provided as it becomes available.

Assisting the Sheriff’s Office were the Monroe County Joint Investigative Task Force, Monroe County Medical Examiner, Wisconsin State Patrol, Department of Justice and Monroe County 911 Communications Center.
Hunter finds skeletal remains in Monroe Co.

I researched how long does it take for human remains to become skeletal remains:
When buried six feet down, without a coffin, in ordinary soil, an unembalmed adult normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. However if placed in a coffin the body can take many years longer, depending on type of wood used.

...this is 6 feet under cold earth and covered.

I am not sure how long it would take if lying on the earths surface exposed to the elements of weather.

I researched how long does it take for human remains to become skeletal remains:
When buried six feet down, without a coffin, in ordinary soil, an unembalmed adult normally takes eight to twelve years to decompose to a skeleton. However if placed in a coffin the body can take many years longer, depending on type of wood used.

...this is 6 feet under cold earth and covered.

I am not sure how long it would take if lying on the earths surface exposed to the elements of weather.
Because the skeleton has a decomposition rate based on the loss of organic (collagen) and inorganic compounds, there is no set timeframe for how long it takes for all the soft tissue to be eliminated leaving only disarticulated bones. There are also the variances being from temperature, humidity, the presence of insects, and submergence in a substrate such as water. The percentage of body fat can speed up decay and sometimes even the presence of drugs in the body at the time of death can affect how fast insects will break down a corpse. (i.e. development of these insects can sometimes be sped up by cocaine and slowed down by drugs containing arsenic.) If the body is covered by clothing, tarp, brush or some soil it also limits insect activity which slows down decomp.

I’ve seen remains come out of a salt desert where the remains were mummified. In the tropics, it can take just weeks. Up in Alaska in the Tundra zones, it can take years, or never fully occur.

But skeletal remains in Wisconsin after a probably hottish summer and exposed to the elements? They didn’t say if there was any dried skin or cartilage still attached to the bone which could mean as little as a few months since death or if the bones were dry, possibly years. Whatever the result I hope some family finally gets closure for their loved one.

Has there been any more information out on these remains found and how long they have been there?Does anyone have a good map of the area these remains were found?I was wondering if these remains found could be Jayme Closs.

Has there been any more information out on these remains found and how long they have been there?Does anyone have a good map of the area these remains were found?I was wondering if these remains found could be Jayme Closs.
I know this has been on people's minds. I'm not so sure it would be Jayme considering the description as skeletal remains. But until there's a rule-out/confirmation I'll have a bit of wondering.

Attachments

• 20181201_093147.jpg
    20181201_093147.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6
He's been identified.

"Press Update
3/15/2019

On 11/23/2018 at around 3:40pm, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office received a report of skeletal remains which were located in a wooded area in the Township of Clifton near County Highway W. The remains were located by a subject while hunting in the area.

The Sheriff’s Office has since been able to ID the remains as those of Jose Juan Zuniga-Jimenez..."

Monroe County Sheriff's Office- Wisconsin

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back