WI - Multiple victims shot, Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa, Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
officers are responding to “a very active situation” at a suburban Milwaukee mall.

shortly before 3 P.M. and there were multiple victims.

Law enforcement on the scene includes the Wauwatosa and Milwaukee police departments, Milwaukee and Waukesha county sheriff’s offices and Wisconsin State Patrol

Reports of shooting at Mayfair Mall

Mayfair Mall shooting: Multiple people wounded in active shooting near Milwaukee - CNN

"Multiple injured victims have and are being transported from the north end of the Macy's department store," McBride told CNN. "None of the victims' injuries appear to be life threatening."
The mayor said "the perpetrator is at-large at this time" and about 75 police officers were on scene at Mayfair Mall one week before the start of the busy holiday season.

I don't go to malls often even in non-COVID times. They make me feel small and vulnerable, and I'm a bit of a control freak and so I don't much like that. Shootings like this one are part of why I feel so vulnerable. I know it can happen just as easily at Target - it's just that the doors OUT at Target are ever so much closer than at the mall.

Anyway . . .

Shooting That Injured 8 at Wisconsin Mall Not a Random Act: Police

Friday's shooting that injured at least eight people at Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, was the result of an altercation and not a random act, police said late in the evening.

https://twitter.com/WauwatosaPD/status/1329989284183633922?s=19

Preliminary investigation has led us to believe that this shooting was not a random act, and was the result of an altercation. We will continue to work diligently to interview the many witnesses, as well as the victims who were injured, to identify and apprehend the suspect.

You'd think that some of the victims were involved in the altercation that triggered this and that the police would know the nature of the altercation. Was it racially motivated? A disgruntled employee? An angry Ex? Could it even have been the result of COVID related mask requirements? I would think they'd have security camera video of the shooter somewhere, either in or outside the mall. I live about an hour from there and have shopped at that mall several times. It always feels a bit more frightening when it's that close and he's still out there somewhere. Let's hope they find this guy!

Last edited:
The suspect, described as a White male in his 20s or 30s, fled the scene before officers arrived at the Mayfair Mall in Wauwatosa.

Hours after the shooting, Wauwatosa police said a preliminary investigation led investigators to believe that the shooting "was not a random act, and was the result of an altercation." They did not provide more details.

Shooting at Wisconsin mall leaves 8 injured

** Puzzling... the suspect having an altercation with whom???

I don't go to malls often even in non-COVID times. They make me feel small and vulnerable, and I'm a bit of a control freak and so I don't much like that. Shootings like this one are part of why I feel so vulnerable. I know it can happen just as easily at Target - it's just that the doors OUT at Target are ever so much closer than at the mall.

Anyway . . .

Shooting That Injured 8 at Wisconsin Mall Not a Random Act: Police

You are wise. Even before the Sylvia Siegrest shootings we were cautioned against malls.

You're a sitting duck. Do you know exits in the store themselves? Add in a little claustrophobia. Who needs it?

Love all the tiny shops like it used to be. Sadly with Covid people/artists as their own boss are now unemployed.

So sad for those injured. PTSD for sure. Hope they get the guy.

Milwaukee shooting: Gunman on the run following incident at Wauwatosa mall

I'm suprised I didn't hear about this.

This kind of thing used to be big news...sad that it isn't considered so anymore.

Interestingly the perp is still on the run. I'm suprised they havn't managed to catch him yet. He is an exceptionally dangerous person right now, he could kill anyone around him.

Also it say's in the above linked Sky News article that the Mall was the site of another shooting, in which a police officer shot and killed a 17 year old male suspect who was fleeing him. The Mall was then host to a number of protests in the wake of the shooting.

https://twitter.com/WauwatosaPD/status/1329989284183633922?s=19

Preliminary investigation has led us to believe that this shooting was not a random act, and was the result of an altercation. We will continue to work diligently to interview the many witnesses, as well as the victims who were injured, to identify and apprehend the suspect.

Wow that is one altercation and a half!
I wonder if he is likely to ultimatly shoot himself before giving himself up? He has had time to consider / process the kind of sentence he is going to face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back