GUILTY WI - Officer Jennifer Sebena, 30, fatally shot, Wauwatosa, 24 Dec 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
her husband is a cop from another dept...... that is why they are being tight lipped

I haven't seen this info anywhere else. The original Journal Sentinel article said he was on disability: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...ice-officer-found-dead-ub857ol-184678571.html

She and her husband, Benjamin G. Sebena, lived on Ranch Road in Menomonee Falls. Their home was cordoned off by police much of Monday.

A neighbor said the Sebenas were a quiet couple who moved in to the neighborhood about four years ago. They didn't have children but had a small bulldog.

"They kept to themselves," said Dick McCarthy, who occasionally saw Benjamin Sebena working in his yard. "All I know is he was an ex-Marine, on disability."

Although I do believe that you can get VA disability benefits while still working (unlike SSI/SSDI), I have a hard time believing that he could be a cop and/or firefighter while receiving any sort of disability benefits.

This story was the first thing I saw when I picked up the paper on Christmas morning--it literally made me sick. And as soon as I saw that their house had been cordoned off, I had a sinking feeling that it was the husband. I am really, really sick of domestic violence deaths.

I did not find the husband likeable in the video. He said he had a 104 fever for an hour or so and he should have gotten brain death from it, which is total bull. That made me think he embelished a lot of his story. The part about him never walking seemed like BS too because his wounds didn't look that bad ( I'm a nurse). I figured he probably did it. I think he met someone new and wanted to get rid of his wife. He thought to ambush her by the fire station and LE may think it was some nut like out east. No one would think such a God loving person such as him could be a murderer.

This article says that the "state Department of Justice's Department of Criminal Investigation," not the local police, are the ones who have the person of interest in custody. That's interesting.

Also, Ben Sebena has a Purple Heart, so he was definitely wounded in combat.

WISN 12 News has also learned new information about the timeline surrounding Sebena's death:

• 3:29 a.m.: Wauwatosa police had their last contact with Officer Sebena.
  • 3:40 a.m.: A witness later reported hearing what he thought were at least four gunshots.
  • 4:24 a.m.: Police tried to reach Officer Sebena on her police radio and got no response, dispatching an officer to find her.
  • 4:28 a.m.: Sebena's body was found with multiple gunshot wounds.

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east...17905482/-/k8p87hz/-/index.html#ixzz2GE1Cg9C0

Oh I believe he was wounded in combat but I don't think his injuries were severe enough to say that he would never walk again. The wounds are shown in the video. The entire video is on youtube if you put in his name you will find it. I just think he is an embellisher and self absorbed.

I did not find the husband likeable in the video. He said he had a 104 fever for an hour or so and he should have gotten brain death from it, which is total bull. That made me think he embelished a lot of his story. The part about him never walking seemed like BS too because his wounds didn't look that bad ( I'm a nurse). I figured he probably did it. I think he met someone new and wanted to get rid of his wife. He thought to ambush her by the fire station and LE may think it was some nut like out east. No one would think such a God loving person such as him could be a murderer.

IF it turns out he did it, he also might have a financial motive, like insurance that she gets through the p.d. or even a sympathy fund that he might imagine being set up for her widower.

Oh you know it. Plus he would look like that poor man who lost his wife in the line of duty. I still bet there was another or even several other women. He probably didn't want to divorce because that doesn't look as nice as being a widower. (or pay as well)

Wow. What an update! I find it very interesting that the original comments from the first news story on the Patch were removed (from the person INSISTING the husband did it) and on the new story they aren't allowing comments. Wonder who that person was.

Overall, my first thought was the husband too. Very sad.

Wow. What an update! I find it very interesting that the original comments from the first news story on the Patch were removed (from the person INSISTING the husband did it) and on the new story they aren't allowing comments. Wonder who that person was.

Overall, my first thought was the husband too. Very sad.

BrownRice - thanks for pointing out those comments earlier. It is so difficult to sift through online comments to determine which are legit and which are crazytalk. But it certainly seems now this commenter had some suspicion immediately. That makes me ponder that this couple did not exist in a vacuum, and someone around them must have been witness to behavior that was concerning in their interactions with each other and those they knew. Spouses who really think they can get away with the perfect crime must truly be narcissistic. Such delusional thinking in the face of the fact that the spouse is always considered first can only be attributed to some sort of personality disorder I believe. Or perhaps substance abuse, that again, may be as a result of a personality disorder. Such a sad ending to this young woman's life. Bless her and those that love her.

BrownRice - thanks for pointing out those comments earlier. It is so difficult to sift through online comments to determine which are legit and which are crazytalk. But it certainly seems now this commenter had some suspicion immediately. That makes me ponder that this couple did not exist in a vacuum, and someone around them must have been witness to behavior that was concerning in their interactions with each other and those they knew. Spouses who really think they can get away with the perfect crime must truly be narcissistic. Such delusional thinking in the face of the fact that the spouse is always considered first can only be attributed to some sort of personality disorder I believe. Or perhaps substance abuse, that again, may be as a result of a personality disorder. Such a sad ending to this young woman's life. Bless her and those that love her.

It is surprising how often a murdering spouse has underestimated the response to a homicide or disappearance. I guess they think that if they don't hold the life of their spouse dear that no one else does either. Remember how Scott Peterson thought that his mistress wouldn't find out about Stacy? Or how many seem to think they can just say "Who knows where my other half went? Probably took off with another man." and think it will be left at that by everybody else? Astounding!

Well! And so it goes. Not shocked at all.

Have you all read this article?

http://wauwatosa.patch.com/articles/criminal-complaint-details

Benjamin Sebena Had Been Stalking Wife for Days Before Shooting: Complaint
Husband of slain Wauwaotsa police officer Jennifer Sebena admitted to police that he waited in hiding for her near Fire Station No. 1 for hours, and shot her when she left the building after taking a break, court records state.

By Jim Price, Joe Petrie, and Mark Maley Email the authors 3:30 pm

Have you all read this article?

http://wauwatosa.patch.com/articles/criminal-complaint-details

Benjamin Sebena Had Been Stalking Wife for Days Before Shooting: Complaint
Husband of slain Wauwaotsa police officer Jennifer Sebena admitted to police that he waited in hiding for her near Fire Station No. 1 for hours, and shot her when she left the building after taking a break, court records state.

By Jim Price, Joe Petrie, and Mark Maley Email the authors 3:30 pm

Thanks, i.b.nora! That pretty much answers most of our questions.

I wish Jennifer would have officially made a report on the earlier domestic, maybe she'd be alive today.

I wish Jennifer would have officially made a report on the earlier domestic, maybe she'd be alive today.

I wonder if it was because she was a police officer and was ashamed/ embarrassed about it?

He said he took the gun from her holster and shot her in the face three or four times, the complaint said.

"Benjamin Sebena stated that he wanted to make sure she was dead, so she wouldn’t suffer," according to the complaint.

from i.b.nora's linked article/bbm

Per the article, he also shot her twice in the back of the head.

And that, kids, is called over-kill.

Didn't want her to suffer my big fat pasty :censored:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj