WI - Priest With Prostate Problem Kicked Out Of Waterpark

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep, I can't tell you how many "Youth Pastor" assaults children threads I've started. Lots of them. If I see it I post it.

NoZ I am very sorry for your dear friend.

VespaElf if you're not remarried you can still go to communion I believe. Just thought I'd fill you in.;) The Church doesn't recognize divorce. Then again you could pay for an annulment. I think that's how it was explained to me.
Yeah no divorce is divorce & my second marriage will never be recognized so I'm out for the wine & wafers(and I'm the sort of good Catholic girl who loved the taste of communion wafers!).
I had a very cool,very wise ,old Priest tell me to take the host anyway but I can't handle the guilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love an annulment but after 17 years & 4 kids unless my last name is 'Kennedy' I don't think I could get away with it!:angel:

It's ok......I will shake off my Catholic guilt(eventually),stop my silly superstitions (i.e asking St.Anthony to find my car keys) & find a Church thats says Jesus still loves me!!:dance:

Yeah no divorce is divorce & my second marriage will never be recognized so I'm out for the wine & wafers(and I'm the sort of good Catholic girl who loved the taste of communion wafers!).
I had a very cool,very wise ,old Priest tell me to take the host anyway but I can't handle the guilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love an annulment but after 17 years & 4 kids unless my last name is 'Kennedy' I don't think I could get away with it!:angel:

It's ok......I will shake off my Catholic guilt(eventually),stop my silly superstitions (i.e asking St.Anthony to find my car keys) & find a Church thats says Jesus still loves me!!:dance:

:DWe do guilt so well, don't we? Too funny about the Kennedy name. How true is that?

Meanwhile I wonder if Father Umberger has any guilt?

Patrick Umberger waived his prelim hearing and stood silent while a not guilty plea was entered for him. He's due back in court in October. I guess he won't be going to Ireland?:waitasec:

http://www.wqow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12884484

That's probably true, but Catholics seem to have cornered the market, so to speak.

The Catholic Church has one of the largest followings in the world -- over a billion people. It's partly a matter of its vast reach and access.

The Catholic Church has one of the largest followings in the world -- over a billion people. It's partly a matter of its vast reach and access.

It is also shrinking at an extraordinary rate thanks to people like me walking away. I refuse to condone or support their behavior.

It's actually experiencing growth in many places, including the US. I'm agnostic now, but I was raised Catholic. Not because of the nature of the Church, but because that whole Jesus thing is a hard sell.

That's interesting because I've seen a lot of stories of the church shrinking. I will have to look for some actual data on this. I will try to find some facts to post later. Not exactly sure where to look for them. It would be interesting to see some solid figures on this.

I would still try. Annulments do not look so much at the marriage itself as at the actual ability of you and your ex at the time of the marriage to properly enact the Sacrament. It sounds to me that you would feel better if you attempted the process and see where it went. But be forewarned, I hear it involves a LOT of paperwork from both you and your ex.

That's interesting because I've seen a lot of stories of the church shrinking. I will have to look for some actual data on this. I will try to find some facts to post later. Not exactly sure where to look for them. It would be interesting to see some solid figures on this.

Let us know what you come up with. The difficulty is that the Church in different countries may be expanding or shrinking. I hear in certain parts of Africa it is exploding. Dunno, really. Like you say, actual data may be hard.

Filly, I think you are just jumping to conclusions. The good Father Pat was never an altar boy (he can't use that for an excuse), liked to help his grandpa on the farm with the animals, AND played the accordion. Sounds like the all-American boy.

Add to that the fact that he ordered his first computer by mail in 1984 (anxious to research theology no doubt) and was completely self-taught. Never took a computer class. That takes a lot of commitment and fortitude.

He's worked in Day Treatment and done thousands of hours of volunteer working assisting parents fight children's drug use. He sits WITH the children of his parish EVERY day for lunch and is deeply involved in the children's daily lives. Every facet of their daily lives.

He even sings in a Barber Shop Quartet and has visited many many countries and amused the children.

And best of all, he drives a Prius and has a cat, Bugle Boy, which keeps the rodent population down to zero at the rectory.

So does that mean that the Father got eaten by the cat? Good kitty.

(Question for the naive one over here. How does one have anonymous sex? Is that like speed dating? I thought the Pope had to bless all sex.)

My interpretation of "anonymous sex" is that he didn't tell them his name and his sex partners didn't tell him their names. IMO, he stated this so LE could not check out his story.:furious:

It's expanding in many developing countries. This article pertains to the US only:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/belief-blog/2010/feb/12/latest-church-growth-stats-in/

It's still the largest Christian denomination there.

Thanks for the link Nat. I'm not sure what to make of it, since he uses the term 'churches claiming growth.' It would shock me to see that church growing. Truly it would. I can't begin to understand it. I just know that I can't do it. I am so completely repulsed by the things that have gone on and continue to go on. I am very, very angry. Every time I think I'm getting a handle on my anger at the church another scandal pops up and it starts all over. I need to just get over it. I have no control over it and I can't change what is, other than to refuse to participate in it. I just wish the Pope would put a sock in it and stop making things worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back