Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still searching on this case? Updates? I just discovered this thread. Sooooo sad. Sickening.

Anyone still searching on this case? Updates? I just discovered this thread. Sooooo sad. Sickening.

Welcome Spurser! I have looked everywhere I can think of to find a match - with no success. I welcome a fresh perspective! This girl suffered so horribly and I sure would love to find some answers.

IIRC, Aundria Bowman was a possible match to another UID. Not sure what happened in either case, but I will check....

Here is Aundria's Charley Project page:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html

Yea, she did look alot like Racine JD. I've thought about this to the point of being sick to my stomach. I have some ideas. I wonder if LE checked around area special education centers. It wasn't that long ago. I bet someone would remember if she were ever on their caseload. Plus, they keep those records for a long time. It's possible she was a special ed student in grade school, given that they said she could have been cognitively impaired.

Another place I would have checked was with family services, in particular child protective services. She may have "aged out" of the system by the time she was killed, but I bet she was an abused child. THere may be a record of her.

Someone had mentioned a while back that this was like the movie An American Crime. I agree. It sounds so much like the case of Sylvia Likens. They made another, more disturbing movie about her case called The Girl Next Door. Very disturbing story.

Another thought is that this poor girl could be like one of those daughters of Jaycee Dugard. Meaning, there is no record that she ever existed. She may have been born through incest or under that type of circumstance. And the sick freak that killed knew that noone would ever know who she was.

Any thoughts?

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/likens/1.html

Her teeth were very bad, I am guessing she was on meth. She doesn't seem to have anyone stepping forward to report her missing, so I am guessing she drifted into the area, maybe alone, maybe with a group. If she was an addict, no one would be so concerned about her whereabouts, for no other reason that her peers were probably addicts too. Someone lured her away from whatever safety she had and killed her.

Her teeth were very bad, I am guessing she was on meth. She doesn't seem to have anyone stepping forward to report her missing, so I am guessing she drifted into the area, maybe alone, maybe with a group. If she was an addict, no one would be so concerned about her whereabouts, for no other reason that her peers were probably addicts too. Someone lured her away from whatever safety she had and killed her.

If she was hooked on meth, you know that her torchurer(s)/killer(s) didn't give her anything for withdrawals during the time they were doing all that stuff to her. As if her situation could get any worse.....I wonder if they tested for drugs in her system.

Teeth - IMO can be due to anything.
My teeth are horrible, have always been horrible.

If the Racine Jane Doe is not Genevieve Munoz I will eat my hat. Her stats match the Doe perfectly as well as the time frame. My husband even thinks she is the same person. I wanted to get your thoughts before I make a call.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2534dfms.html

Genevieve Munoz
Missing since June 11, 1994 from Biloxi, Mississippi
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 16, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; hazel eyes.
Clothing: Cutoff blue jeans and a shirt with horse designs on the front.
AKA: Nicole
Dentals: Available

I agree with you! Call it in. What gets me is the description of the clothing--JD had a "country/western" type shirt on, and GM was wearing something with a horse design (which screams country/western to me).

I definitely see a strong resemblance and the demographics are a great match. The clothing is also striking. I find it hard to visualize Nicole with short hair (which is not to say her captors couldn't have cut it).

Time frame is not bad, except that maybe the torture didn't start right away. If she were tortured for 2 - 4 weeks as stated, Nicole would have had to be kept for approximately two weeks before the injuries and wounds started, given the fresh state of the Doe's body (or the description is wrong). It's a stretch but still possible.

Nicole's teeth aren't visibly bad - and we know her parents had health insurance (which means she would have been covered, at least until turning 18) - so the poor dentition counts against Nicole being this Doe until we get records.

Nicole's boyfriend, Michael Lamb, was convicted of manslaughter and admitted killing Nicole, either in self-defense ("she went at him with a knife, and he stabbed her") or by accident ("he accidentally shot her in the chest.") Either way, he claims he and his (since deceased) mother disposed of her body in a dumpster at a ball park. Sure, he has good reason not to say "I faked her disappearance, tortured her for six weeks then drove 1,000 miles to dump her body" but well... seems like a lot for an 18-year-old and his Mommy to do.

Nicole's boyfriend, Michael Lamb, was convicted of manslaughter and admitted killing Nicole, either in self-defense ("she went at him with a knife, and he stabbed her") or by accident ("he accidentally shot her in the chest.") Either way, he claims he and his (since deceased) mother disposed of her body in a dumpster at a ball park. Sure, he has good reason not to say "I faked her disappearance, tortured her for six weeks then drove 1,000 miles to dump her body" but well... seems like a lot for an 18-year-old and his Mommy to do.

Well then, I should start eating my hat if her boyfriend claims to have killed her. However I have a problem with him saying he "stabbed" and then turns around and claims he "shot" her?? :waitasec: I am wondering if he was of sound mind when he made these claims?

Cymro, where did you find the information about the boyfriend? It wasn't listed on the link I posted. Unfortunatley that was the only link I looked at in regards to Genevieve.

Thanks for the additional info!

Sorry Lil'E - should have posted the links.

Charley Project

Local news story

I guess he's of sound mind but it could still be her. Maybe he figured that he was better off minimizing his role in her death, or even that he's innocent and figured that he liked 10-15 for manslaughter a lot better than a capital trial.

Someone slap me in the head and tell me what I'm missing with these 2 girls?

Racine Jane Doe - Racine County, Wisconsin on 7/21/99
Genevieve Munoz - Missing since June 11, 1994 from Biloxi, Mississippi

I just google mapped - it is 1,053 mi – about 16 hours 23 mins

Now, we have a 5 year time difference.

D-oh... you are right of course. I read it as them both being 1994 cases, which they aren't. :blushing:

Genevieve Nicole Munoz' car was found at the Gulfport-Biloxi Regional Airport.
She had $600.00 dollars she was saving so her parents could adopt her son.
Michael David Lamb had recently lived in Illinois.
Lamb's tale of events is inconsistent as to the death of Ms. Munoz.
His mother (the only alleged witness to the murder) is deceased.
Her body was never found.

In light of these fact as provided by the links that Cymro posted, it could be possible that Ms. Munoz took her money and hopped a flight to Northern Illinois or Wisconsin to start a new life without Lamb, knowing her child would be safe with her parents. Depending on where Lamb lived in Illinois, he could have located her and disposed of her in Racine with out much of a drive.

Of course it's quite possible the Racine Doe and Munoz are not related in any way. I just thought her physical stats, clothing type, as well as her nose match with the Racine Doe and was worth contacting authorities just to rule it out since no remains of Munoz have never been found.

I am new at this so please pardon my enthusiasm.:blushing:

I have made contact with both the Racine Sheriffs Dept and Biloxi Sheriffs Dept, in regard to a possible match between the Racine Jane Doe and Genevieve Munoz. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/2534dfms.html

Genevieve Munoz
Missing since June 11, 1994 from Biloxi, Mississippi
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 16, 1976
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; hazel eyes.
Clothing: Cutoff blue jeans and a shirt with horse designs on the front.
AKA: Nicole
Dentals: Available

Attachments

• GMunoz1.jpg
    GMunoz1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 88
  • RacindJD1.jpg
    RacindJD1.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 58
  • GMunoz3.jpg
    GMunoz3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 88
  • RacineJD2.jpg
    RacineJD2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 54
Although they look strikingly similar, I don't think it's a match. I applaud you and could very well be wrong but don't think you'd mind me giving my opinion. :)

Reason being, I feel that the missing young woman was probably murdered shortly after she went missing. Her family didn't feel she was a runaway and this Jane Doe was found five or so years after Genevieve was last seen. The UID also had long term dental neglect and I guess if Genevieve was held captive that could be fitting but her teeth looked pretty good at the time of her dissapearance. Also, the UID was possibly cognitively disabled and there's no mention of Genevieve having those problems.

Either way, thanks for all your work and hope to hear an outcome soon!

Also, posters have said the Racine UID was tortured and disfigured. Doe network page for her doesn't say anything except where she was found, where are you getting the information? Thanks!

This case has always disturbed me like very few others. A uniquely sinister stench hangs around it. I hope that one day justice is done for this young woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCD2024!