Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this might be my half-sister Erin. We have the same mom but different dads. Our mother died when we were 8 and 13 back in '88. We went to live with our maternal aunt until Erin turned 17 and lived with her friends and their families. She did have cognitive disabilities because our mother did not take care of herself when she was pregnant and we both had bad dental problems as kids. I last saw Erin in 1995 when she came to my middle school graduation. She was still living with friends in IL. The recreation looks like a ringer for our mother. The last time we heard from her was in 1998 when she was supposedly living in MA with her bf. She said she was moving and would write to us when she got settled down but never did. She had started to isolate herself from us because she felt like she had been robbed for her childhood for having to take care of me and our mother who was mentally ill. Our aunt died that same year and when Erin did not contact me or came to the funeral, people assumed that she didn't want anything to do with us. I would scour social media and never found her. I ran into her old friends who said that they heard that she "fell off the face of the Earth" back in IL. Her ex-boyfriend said they broke up and never saw her again. I tried and tried to file a missing person's report but was told that I could only file it where she was last seen which makes no sense because the last time I saw her was in 1995 in MI. I wouldn't say that she hung out with a bad crowd but she was very vunerable.

Hello there, 101Shelly

May I ask WHICH particular reconstruction you are alluding to? For there have been I believe 5 since 1999. Here they are :

First, the two I personally feel are the most accurate (based on the morgue photograph), keeping of course in mind that ANY reconstruction is JUST that, a reconstruction, and that it is JMHO, and nothing else :

Racine_Jane_Doe2.jpg

rcjd210.jpg

And then, these are the three others :

Racine_Jane_Doe_Reconstruction.jpg

images.jpg

50c8ace73988f.preview-620.jpg

So, which one is the one you were specifically referring to in your post? Thank you in advance for your reply!

Hello there, 101Shelly

May I ask WHICH particular reconstruction you are alluding to? For there have been I believe 5 since 1999. Here they are :

First, the two I personally feel are the most accurate (based on the morgue photograph), keeping of course in mind that ANY reconstruction is JUST that, a reconstruction, and that it is JMHO, and nothing else :

View attachment 71771

View attachment 71777

And then, these are the three others :

View attachment 71772

View attachment 71773

View attachment 71774

So, which one is the one you were specifically referring to in your post? Thank you in advance for your reply!

The second one and the third one looks like our mother except she had brown eyes. My sister had more of a "beak" nose than a flat nose though. I remember Erin's teeth looking like Patrica Arquette's.

The second one and the third one looks like our mother except she had brown eyes. My sister had more of a "beak" nose than a flat nose though. I remember Erin's teeth looking like Patrica Arquette's.

Do you remember where she attended school? It is very possible that we can find her photo in a yearbook online.

First, thank you for your swift reply! :)

Now, I am confused...WHO had brown eyes? The girl in the reconstructions or your mother? Like we said, photos of Erin and your mother could help us all tremendously in our common quest for answers.

Do you remember your sister Erin's hair and eye color, by any chance? Or any other specifics about her? What strikes me here is that you have excellent recollections of how your mother looked like (maybe because you were deeply attached to her and/or happen to have many photos of her), although she most unfortunately passed away so many years ago, but what you recall about Erin appears somehow sketchy, although you last saw her back in 1995. Anything you can recall about Erin will help us to help you in your quest to find out what happened to her. I ideed realize that NOBODY wishes to find a loved one dead (most especially so in such horrific cases as RJD), and I sure pray that your sister is NOT Racine County Jane Doe. On the other hand, I understand that knowing what happened to someone we love must be less painful that living forever without resolution and closure. I do not even want to try to imagine what it must be like.

By the way, have you contacted the RCPD? If so, did you have any feedback?

Thank you again in advance for your answer!

I have to find one but they would all be before she was 16 or 17. There are very striking similarities except for the skin tone and the shape of the head is a bit smaller. I will see if I can find any from her old friends.

It doesn't matter. Such photos could be submitted to forensic artists for comparison. Besides, as for the shape of the head, skin tone, etc, we have to keep in mind that reconstructions are just that, reconstructions. That's why different artists will offer somewhat different "interpretations" as to what RJD may (the key word here is "may") have looked like when alive.

Even the morgue picture itself has to be seen somewhat with "caution", because of all the trauma (the broken nose, for instance) her face has been subjected to, the discoloration the human body undergoes once deceased, etc. In short, facial features too often appear distorted when head/face trauma have been suffered by the decedent. :(

Remember, eye color can change postmortem, so it can't be totally be relied upon.

Remember, eye color can change postmortem, so it can't be totally be relied upon.

Hello, Merry. :)

Indeed it does. But ME and LE stated emphatically that they were most probably brown or hazel, green being a very remote possibility, and blue being definitely excluded.

Have a great day!

Did they ever do the test that tells where someone spent there earlier years for this girl? Also I hope shelly comes back!

Did they ever do the test that tells where someone spent there earlier years for this girl? Also I hope shelly comes back!

IF I recall correctly, it has been already done, but LE keep it under wraps for the time being, most probably so as NOT to spook her killer(s). It's called isotope testing.

it's good to see some suggestions here since i was last able to look. Hoping that our girl is given her identity this year :-)

Me again, been looking periodically to see if a new thread for Erin has been posted or if Namus has anything up. What sort of time frame does namus have when new details are put into the system?

Me again, been looking periodically to see if a new thread for Erin has been posted or if Namus has anything up. What sort of time frame does namus have when new details are put into the system?

Hello there, dizzigirl1! :)

Oh boy! That sure is an excellent question! Most unfortunately, I don't have the answer, but maybe someone else here knows? As for Erin, I'm like you as I'm sure most people here are. I just can't wait to hear from 101Shelly and sure hope and pray that RJD will get her name back very soon!

Have a great day! :)

101Shelly- have you contacted the police department? If you really think it may be your sister, I am sure they would take it seriously. They want this case solved as much as anybody!

This one is a long shot unless her height on Charley Project is incorrect. 4'4" seems extremely short for a 15-year-old. Maybe she was 5'4"?
She was a runaway, had double-pierced ears, hair and eye color line up. If she survived 10 years she very well could have had decayed teeth like the UID. But of course, if the height on Charley Project is correct, there's no way this is her. Just reminded me of Racine Jane Doe somehow.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/franklin_nerissa.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?41929-WI-Stephanie-Marie-Casberg-17-Racine-County-6-July-1969

It's interesting that the road (92nd St.) where Franksville, WI borders Raymond, WI, and where Racine Jane Doe was found July, 1999, was the same road that some of the body parts of Stephanie Marie Casberg were also found July, 1969, 30 years previously, to the month.

Why authorities never publicly disclosed that fact is unknown.

Post #7: (when I posted as scorpionsting)

Authorities said the parts had been left in a weather-beaten cardboard box along S. 92nd St. about a half mile south of Seven Mile Rd.

Mere coincidence that both victims were found on the same road, in the same month, in July, 30 years apart? I doubt it. Especially if both victims were found in the exact same spot on 92nd St.

https://goo.gl/maps/PX9qQ

Casberg's other body parts were found about 4 miles northeast where 8 Mile Road crosses the Root River.

Lots of other unsolved murders of girls and women in Racine County, WI. Patricia Green, Ida Mae Morris (Green & Morris lived two blocks from each other on the same street), Tina Davidson, Patricia Ann Oley, Barbara Stempe, Judith Nelson...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html

Doe Network: The victim was found at 06.15 on the edge of a cornfield in a rural area of Racine, Wisconsin at 92th Street, between 6 and 7 Mile roads on July 21,1999

The statement from Doe Network verifies my previous statement that both victims were found in the same location. I wonder if there are other bodies out there?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1368&dat=19690723&id=JHRQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NREEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2674,4622873&hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member