GUILTY WI - Reena Williams, 3, Town of Swiss, 14 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Preliminary autopsy results point to accidental drowning:

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2730562.shtml?cat=1

Interesting tidbit: "Sheriff Dean Roland tells KSTP, Renna's mother was shopping when the little girl's body was found."

So that's what Roland meant in the press conference when he said they told some family immediately when they located Reena's body and then told the mother once they found her (she was at the store). I do not feel good about this at all.

Preliminary autopsy shows COD drowning which just means she was alive when she went into the water. It could still be foul play.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Is it just me or does the Sheriff sound like he is suspicious? He was more upset yesterday during the pressor, than JD when she spoke on camera.

The article says accidental drowning but then the last sentence of the article is this........

Investigators are not saying whether Renna's death was an accident, or whether a crime was committed.

I don't know why it took them so long to find her. Do they mean the dog was two feet from where she was found when they initially went looking for her or later?

"The Burnett County Sheriff told News 18 Thursday the dog was wet and at the water's edge just two feet from where her body was found."

http://m.wqow.com/default.aspx?pid=...igate-death-of-3-year-old?clienttype=rssstory

I think she ran to the store to get cigarettes. She was holding two packs in her hand when she was interviewed after Reena was found.

ok, I understand needing a cigarette with all that was going on but wouldn't it make more since to ask a friend, family or even a co-worker if they could run and get you some? I'm sure many people would understand the need to have one but to leave the place while your daughter is being search for - just seems very odd to me. :(

The article says accidental drowning but then the last sentence of the article is this........

Investigators are not saying whether Renna's death was an accident, or whether a crime was committed.

I think it might be that they put the updated info in the beginning of the article, and the rest of the article was what was published previously (old news). I've seen that happen rather often. Just a guess.

I think she ran to the store to get cigarettes. She was holding two packs in her hand when she was interviewed after Reena was found.

Do you have the link to the mom's interview? Tia!

ok, I understand needing a cigarette with all that was going on but wouldn't it make more since to ask a friend, family or even a co-worker if they could run and get you some? I'm sure many people would understand the need to have one but to leave the place while your daughter is being search for - just seems very odd to me. :(

I agree, it does seem odd. All those volunteers looking for the girl, and mom needs to go to the store? Maybe it was just a stress response, but it still seems weird.

Preliminary autopsy results point to accidental drowning:

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2730562.shtml?cat=1

Interesting tidbit: "Sheriff Dean Roland tells KSTP, Renna's mother was shopping when the little girl's body was found."

So now the mother was shopping not sleeping? (how long was she shopping for?) and did she know her daughter had wandered off earlier in the day? The father figure was watching her, went in for a drink but wasn't concerned of Reena and what she was doing?

Honestly I don't even get the nanny aspect of this case. Is it me?

I'm not trying to lay blame but I just don't get how a 3 yr old goes missing and returned not once but more than once and the end result is she is gone forever?

Some good info in this article:

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/...ion-continues-in-death-of-3-year-old-Wis-girl

A few quotes from the article:

Roland and his investigators are in the middle of the arduous task of going over every inch of the property where the girl was found dead.

"All options are on the table. We will look where the investigation leads us for any kind of charges that maybe filed," said Sheriff Roland.

So far it's still being treated as tragic accident, but he calls it an open investigation. They're using three-dimensional mapping to assist in their efforts. . . .

"That wasn't the first time that she's been seen wandering around," he said. "Over the last several weeks I've seen here a couple different times." . . .

Darrell Young was fishing in the canal Tuesday afternoon and says he urged Williams' mother Jenna Danish to call the sheriff's department after she came to him worried about her daughter.

But he says she wouldn't make the call, so he did. . . .

So now the mother was shopping not sleeping? (how long was she shopping for?) and did she know her daughter had wandered off earlier in the day? The father figure was watching her, went in for a drink but wasn't concerned of Reena and what she was doing?

Honestly I don't even get the nanny aspect of this case. Is it me?

I'm not trying to lay blame but I just don't get how a 3 yr old goes missing and returned not once but more than once and the end result is she is gone forever?

She was sleeping when the child went missing. She was at the store when the child was found.

I haven't heard or read anything about a nanny, so who knows if that's fact or rumor.

She was sleeping when the child went missing. She was at the store when the child was found.

I haven't heard or read anything about a nanny, so who knows if that's fact or rumor.

So she went out shopping, while her child was missing? :waitasec:

If the child's yard was really only 25 yards from a canal...and she was allowed at age 3 to be alone outside, :banghead:

I don't care how smart or well behaved a three yr old is....they do not comprehend the danger of a large body of water.

Thank you for the correction, I'm not sure I would be shopping if my child is missing though but that's just me.

I understand and thankfully I have never been in this situation, so it's not for me to judge but I am allowed to ask questions.

It's being called a tragic accident at this point and I'm sure the family must be completely grief stricken.

I don't think anything sinister has happened here, but I do question the lack of supervision. Which in my mind can be construed as a crime.

That is my opinion and my opinion only.

Very strange that Reena's body was found while mom Jenna was out buying cigarettes. I'm a smoker and if my child was missing I would probably be going through pack after pack, but there no way in youknowwhat that I'd leave in the middle of a search for my baby. Surely someone could have made a ciggy run for her.
I'm wondering if vehicles on the property (namely the one mom drove to the store) had been searched prior to her leaving for the store and I'm especially wondering if it has been searched since Reena's body was found.

I certainly don't mean any disrespect to the family, this has to be an incredibly devastating time for them, but this just isn't adding up for me.

Is it just me or does the Sheriff sound like he is suspicious? He was more upset yesterday during the pressor, than JD when she spoke on camera.

He was definitely upset. Someone noticed and ask him about his experience with cases like these. He replied he had..but this was a child..with her whole future ahead of her. IMO, he may be gut wrenched as many of us are, because it was so tragically preventable.

I know for me, her being found so close to the house and in such shallow water I'd like to know why she wasn't found by family....and even the dog. It was returning from the water, but I believe the mother stated the river. I truly don't know if I believe that. The dog and her were inseparable. Then you have the fisherman actually making the 911 call 1.5 hours after she disappeared. Where exactly was the fisherman and... how far from the house. And just out of curiosity I'd like to know the breed of dog. It wouldn't surprise me if charges are filed for neglect in this case. jmo

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2728731.shtml?cat=1

When asked if the body showed any signs of trauma the sheriff answered "no comment"

Also said child was reported an hour and a half later by a FISHERMAN. I thought the Father reported her missing? I am usually not one to be sceptical of these reports, but something is amiss here I think. I certainly want to think this is truly an accident, but reading between the lines and watching body language, I am thinking something could possibly have happened with foul play. Also the mention of the car is strange too at a press conference.

5 ABC News

"Preliminary Autopsy Results: Wis. Toddler Died of Accidental Drowning"

Quote: "Roland says Renna's mother was shopping during the search, when the little girl's body was found."

Interesting quote from Roland.

I don't know why it took them so long to find her. Do they mean the dog was two feet from where she was found when they initially went looking for her or later?

"The Burnett County Sheriff told News 18 Thursday the dog was wet and at the water's edge just two feet from where her body was found."

http://m.wqow.com/default.aspx?pid=...igate-death-of-3-year-old?clienttype=rssstory

Yep, knew it. I'm just sick

I think the dog was in the water by her when the S&R began entering the water to search for her. IIRC, her body was found near the boat launch on their property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back