WI WI - Richard Wayne Morrison, 26, Milwaukee, 25 Apr 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
Original
Original
Original

Demographics

Missing Age 26 Years
Current Age 68 Years

First Name: Richard
Middle Name: Wayne
Last Name: Morrison
Nickname/Alias: Rick

Male
Height 5' 6" - 5' 9" (66 - 69 Inches)
Weight 140 - 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Short
Eye Color Brown
Eye Description May have been hazel

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact April 25, 1977
NamUs Case Created July 5, 2018
Last Known Location
Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223
Milwaukee County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Richard was reported missing by his brother sometime around April of 1977. Richard may have been despondent over an injury lawsuit that involved several family members. Some speculation exists that he may have either faked his death and/or fled to a Spanish speaking country to start over. Vehicle was found burned out near Death Valley, California.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you for posting this thread on behalf of Richard. Could a then-17 year old Jeffrey Dahmer be a possibility? I doubt it, but the Milwaukee connection is there. Doing the math, Richard Morrison was 26 in 1977 and Jeffrey was 17. Is it possible they knew each other from growing up in Milwaukee?

However...Jeffrey was in his senior year of high school in Ohio during 1977 so that doesn't necessarily place him in Milwaukee and near Richard. This alone gives me a lot of doubt about it being Dahmer who is responsible in Richard's case.

Incidentally Jeffrey Dahmer's first known murder was when he was 18, in 1978. It took place 3 weeks after he graduated high school. Stephen Hicks was the victim, who was hitching in Bath, Ohio.

Timeline

Lawsuit with his own family?
Serious enough for speculation of faking death & running away?
Any speculation on the family?

Very strange. Wonder what the lawsuit was about.

I am a family friend.
Richard was not a Dahmer victim.
We do not have any reason to suspect he was the victim of foul play.

Could this person possibly be him ? I submitted to Namus, yet no response (NamUs #UP7632)
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Hi! I've asked the same on a Facebook post, a few days ago. Googling "Richard Wayne Morris" brought me here? Do you have any news?
I can't submit possible matches because i can't register on NamUs and check the comparisons tab and i don't want to submit ruled out cases... But i have a strong feeling Richard could be the Delafield John Doe!

Hi! I've asked the same on a Facebook post, a few days ago. Googling "Richard Wayne Morris" brought me here? Do you have any news?
I can't submit possible matches because i can't register on NamUs and check the comparisons tab and i don't want to submit ruled out cases... But i have a strong feeling Richard could be the Delafield John Doe!
Hi! I answered you on Facebook :)
Richard was entered in NAMUS specifically to have a DNA comparison done with Delafield Doe. Results said the DNA did not indicate a biological match. We REALLY thought it was him, very sad at the negative result.

I will contact the new NAMUS rep and ask if we can have Richard added to the list of exclusions because I can see him coming up all the time.

Last edited:
Richard was entered in NAMUS specifically to have a DNA comparison done with Delafield Doe. Results said the DNA did not indicate a biological match. We REALLY thought it was him, very sad at the negative result.

I will contact the new NAMUS rep and ask if we can have Richard added to the list of exclusions because I can see him coming up all the time.

Oh hi! "J.D.", right?
At the same time i thought it couldn't be him... Milwaukee it's a just a few miles away... he would have been immediately identified.

Oh hi! "J.D.", right?
At the same time i thought it couldn't be him... Milwaukee it's a just a few miles away... he would have been immediately identified.

I will contact
Oh hi! "J.D.", right?
Nope, not JD; I'm RT :) I replied to his response to you and included a link about our work on the Delafield Doe case and explained that sadly Richard is an exclusion even though he isn't publicly listed.

I will contact

Nope, not JD; I'm RT :) I replied to his response to you and included a link about our work on the Delafield Doe case and explained that sadly Richard is an exclusion even though he isn't publicly listed.

Well, Hi RT! Hmmm FB didn't notify me then... Going to check your reply now. ;)

I noticed in his yearbook his name was listed as "Wayne" not "Richard" - so maybe that was a nickname? I also found a 1971 wedding license notice for Richard W. Morrison in Milwaukee, 21 years old, to marry a Irmhild Julius, 23. Later on I found an Irmhild Morrison (kinda a unique name) in Milwaukee marrying and divorcing another person. Could the lawsuit in question be a divorce? There's a record of Irmhild Morrison's divorce (but not from whom) in October 1976.

Last edited:

Richard Morrison was reported missing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin by his brother sometime around April of 1977.

Richard is a white male, 5’6”-5’9”, and 140-160 pounds. He has short brown hair and has either brown or hazel eyes. It is not known what he was last wearing. He may go by Rick.
35529d_88dd20265e0c422d826e0ff78ea45119~mv2.jpg

At the time of his disappearance, he had been despondent over an injury lawsuit that involved several of his family members.

After Richard went missing, his car was found abandoned and burned near Death Valley, California.

35529d_500d03be06b64a9c8a408afc31358d61~mv2.jpg

There is speculation that Richard faked his own death and/or moved to a Spanish-speaking country to start over. However, his whereabouts are unknown and his case remains unsolved.

Richard was 26 years old when he went missing. He would be 71 years old today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back