WI WI - Robert Christian, 18, Madison, 16 Sept 1977

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am glad to see that Robert's case is still getting some recognition. I did not personally know him -- I was only 11 years old at the time of his disappearance -- but my older brother went to school with him. He and Bob were in quite a few classes together and both graduated from Lafollette High School in 1977. This is such an incredibly disturbing case and much of the information posted about him on various sites is incorrect or misleading, especially in regards to his sister's murder (not 'three years later,' but actually in March 1983). About the day of Bob's disappearance...One thing in particular that bothers me was when sighted by the woman visiting her friend, she said she spoke with the young man and also got his license plate number which clearly did match the vehicle he was driving. However, I'm curious to know if the physical description matched Bob's and that it wasn't actually someone completely different who had stolen the car. Another troubling question: Why? If that young man was actually Bob, what was he doing there in that driveway when he knew the area so well? It makes me wonder if he was under duress from someone that had accosted him. I'm not going to speculate that he 'was up to no good' as there's no evidence whatsoever that he was anything but a decent, law-abiding young man. I personally think there is every reason to believe that it was a case of 'wrong place, wrong time,' but unless someone is prepared to come forward with information after all these years, I wonder if we will ever learn what really happened. Was his friend, Randy, interviewed? We've never been able to find out what he said about Bob's disappearance. Lastly, where did the 'tip' about the tires/hubcaps come from? An anonymous phone call to police?

I am glad to see that Robert's case is still getting some recognition. I did not personally know him -- I was only 11 years old at the time of his disappearance -- but my older brother went to school with him. He and Bob were in quite a few classes together and both graduated from Lafollette High School in 1977. This is such an incredibly disturbing case and much of the information posted about him on various sites is incorrect or misleading, especially in regards to his sister's murder (not 'three years later,' but actually in March 1983). About the day of Bob's disappearance...One thing in particular that bothers me was when sighted by the woman visiting her friend, she said she spoke with the young man and also got his license plate number which clearly did match the vehicle he was driving. However, I'm curious to know if the physical description matched Bob's and that it wasn't actually someone completely different who had stolen the car. Another troubling question: Why? If that young man was actually Bob, what was he doing there in that driveway when he knew the area so well? It makes me wonder if he was under duress from someone that had accosted him. I'm not going to speculate that he 'was up to no good' as there's no evidence whatsoever that he was anything but a decent, law-abiding young man. I personally think there is every reason to believe that it was a case of 'wrong place, wrong time,' but unless someone is prepared to come forward with information after all these years, I wonder if we will ever learn what really happened. Was his friend, Randy, interviewed? We've never been able to find out what he said about Bob's disappearance. Lastly, where did the 'tip' about the tires/hubcaps come from? An anonymous phone call to police?
In all the articles I’ve read I’ve seen no explanation about the tip came from. I don’t know if it’s possible for me to be allowed to see the case file since it’s technically still open, but I live in Madison and it wouldn’t be too far.

Also, I never heard before about the woman ,visiting her friend ,getting the cars license plate number, and it not matching up to the vehicle..
Then whose name came up registered to that plate?

Also, I never heard before about the woman visiting her friend getting the cars license plate number, and it not matching up to the vehicle..
Yeah everything I read said it matched

Also, I never heard before about the woman ,visiting her friend ,getting the cars license plate number, and it not matching up to the vehicle..
I know the plate number matched Bob's vehicle -- definitely his -- but the physical description of the young man... someone else driving the car? (I've always wondered if it was possible that was not Bob, or was it someone that forced him to drive there).

I know the plate number matched Bob's vehicle -- definitely his -- but the physical description of the young man... someone else driving the car? (I've always wondered if it was possible that was not Bob, or was it someone that forced him to drive there).
Totally a realistic suspicion - when you mentioned it above I kinda kicked myself for not thinking of it myself. But if it were someone else the idea of him then driving back to the relay station and parking there, presumably getting into another car. It just seems confusing no matter which way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute
Back