Found Deceased WI - Sade Robinson, 19, Critical Missing, student at Milwaukee Area Tech College, car found burned near 30th & Lisbon, Milwaukee, 1 Apr 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Arm found in Illinois; Sade Robinson's family not happy about picture

To quote the article:
"The City of Waukegan does not comment on active criminal investigations, especially in cases where the City is not the lead agency. This policy is intended to preserve the investigation’s integrity and respect the privacy of victims and their families. That is why no public statements were made until Alderman Keith Turner posted a graphic photo of the remains on his Facebook account.

"Alderman Keith Turner at no time contacted the Waukegan Police command staff or anyone within Waukegan City government to ask about this incident before posting the photo of the remains on Facebook. The City did not provide Ald. Turner with the photograph, and he was never given permission to post the photo on his Facebook page. Individual Aldermen are not authorized to speak on behalf of the City, much less for the Police Department. On behalf of the City of Waukegan, I find the posting of an image of this type to be morally disgusting, socially irresponsible, and extremely cruel to the victim’s family. I hope all Waukeganites join me in prayer for the victim of this horrific crime and for the victim’s family."
-- Waukegan Mayor Ann Taylor
The absolute NERVE of that alderman! Glad to see he's being booted from his position. Jesus...some people don't even think before they post (or speak).

I'm catching up on this case so I apologize if this was old news being re-quoted by Fox 6, and I'm just drudging up old hate. But that makes me ten flavors of mad on top of all the upset this case itself causes me.

Edit1: grammar

No family should have to wait, but months later Sade's family continues to wait for the rest of her body to be recovered. They continue to wait for Maxwell Anderson to go to trial.

But they also chose not to wait on their own fight and today they filed a civil lawsuit against Anderson.

Sade Robinson's family files wrongful death civil suit against Maxwell Anderson

Among other things, they want the money he got for selling the house where he likely murdered Sade.

Anderson will back in court tomorrow, at 9:00 a.m. Central, because the Court scheduled a hearing to address a letter from his defense attorneys regarding discovery. Looking forward to learning what the issue is. Maybe too much evidence?

My only intentions are to seek and provide transformative transparency to Waukegan, especially when the administration goes to extraordinary lengths to restrict information from our residents,” [Alderman Keith] said at the meeting.
Hes running for Mayor too.

Following up on today's activities in Court, copied from the CCAP record, and bolding by me - State v. Maxwell S. Anderson :

Defendant Maxwell S Anderson in court, in custody. Attorney Anthony D Cotton in court for Maxwell S Anderson. Attorney Ian F Vance-Curzan in court for State of Wisconsin. Case in court for a Hearing. Defense has filed proposed orders concerning discovery and search warrant return. Discussion held. Arguments heard. For reasons set forth in the record, Court DENIED defense proposed order concerning discovery. Parties agree on the defense proposed order to unseal the search warrant return. For reasons set forth in the record, Court GRANTED the defense proposed order to unseal the search warrant return. Case remains calendared for a Scheduling Conference on July 12, 2024 at 1:30 p.m. in Branch 28. Case adjourned to Branch 28.

I certainly am keen to see the unsealed search warrant.

In a short hearing Wednesday morning, Anderson’s legal team requested that Anderson have access to a laptop.

His attorney, Anthony Cotton, said the laptop would be used to review around one terabyte of evidence.

[...]

The Milwaukee County judge ultimately denied the request, explaining that special access to a computer could lead to problems.

“Other inmates could, certainly would, learn about this, and that could create some downstream complications,” Judge Mark Sanders said.

In a short hearing Wednesday morning, Anderson’s legal team requested that Anderson have access to a laptop.

His attorney, Anthony Cotton, said the laptop would be used to review around one terabyte of evidence.

[...]

The Milwaukee County judge ultimately denied the request, explaining that special access to a computer could lead to problems.

“Other inmates could, certainly would, learn about this, and that could create some downstream complications,” Judge Mark Sanders said.

Yeah, boo-hoo.

Ugh. I hope Sade's family has lots of people holding them close, and I hope they know how much the community at large is thinking of them. This case just gets to me for so many reasons, but primarily because Sade was right on the verge of some of the best times of her young life, and seemed to be such a bright light. Nobody deserves what happened to her, but it's especially heartbreaking when it is someone young and full of promise. Her poor mother just breaks my heart.

I hope they get every possible penny they can out of this creep, what little there may be. And I so hope they'll get the closure they deserve with respect to her remains.

I really feel for Sade's loved ones. I read the entire thread last night and couldn't sleep. Why aren't women safe? Everyday there's another scary case. I'm currently following Samantha's case where she was murdered on a run, Rachel Morin too, in broad daylight. As a woman, it's absolutely terrifying and makes you want to minimise your world for your own safety. Thinking of Sade's family at this horrendous and heartbreaking time.

The family of slain college student Sade Robinson has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Maxwell Anderson, the Milwaukee man who is charged with killing and dismembering her during a first date.

In a 30-page petition filed Monday in Milwaukee, Robinson's estate and her mother, Sheena Scarbrough, are seeking damages from Anderson for emotional distress.

They also want the proceeds from the sale earlier this month of Anderson's house, and to bar him from profiting from the "notoriety earned from slaying Ms. Robinson and destroying her family," the lawsuit reads. The home sold in May for $195,000, according to a Wisconsin Department of Revenue online record.

More at link...

DNA testing confirms arm found at Illinois beach was that of Sade Robinson

IMO, it was all but assumed by most following this tragic case that the arm would be hers, but solid confirmation matters.

Scroll past to skip my graphic comments, which are about what has and hasn't been recovered of this sweet, enterprising and kind young woman.

Both arms, a torso, one leg with foot intact, and one foot: these are the major parts of Sade Robinson that have been found to date. I cringe to add that, per the Criminal Complaint, on April 6th, when the single foot was found, LE also located "another piece of what appeared to be human flesh."

The civil lawsuit brought against Anderson by Sade Robinson's family includes a claim that volunteers searching Anderson's backyard found what they believed to be a human finger, but that has been disputed by Milwaukee LE.

What has not yet been found is Sade Robinsons head. I wonder about that every day.

1718979653467.jpeg
1718979662581.jpeg
RIP Sade :(

Anyone can use this link - State of Wisconsin v. Maxwell S. Anderson - to stay current with the case as it winds through Wisconsin Circuit Court.
Including the case link again here for convenience. Anderson is due back in court on Friday, July 12th, for a scheduling conference. An order regarding unsealing the search warrant was signed on June 5th by the judge, but as far as I am aware, the search warrant has not yet been released to the public.

Meanwhile, parts of Sade Robsinson's body remain missing, more than four months after Anderson's arrest. If he knows where they might be, he's not telling. To do so doesn't exactly line up with a Not Guilty plea, I guess.

Hoping for a little meaningful movement toward #JusticeForSade, but not holding my breath either. JMO.

Search Warrants Unsealed

And new surveillance images were released today, also, in the wake of Anderson's court appearance. His trial won't happen until December.

So sad to see them sitting together at Twisted Fisherman that April 1st evening. Only one knew how it would end.

The search warrants reveal that Anderson had women's clothing hidden in his basement and an identification card belonging to a 27-year-old woman stashed away in a Crown Royal bag. These are truly disturbing developments, I think, for obvious reasons.

What caught my eye is the defense filing a "Motion to Sever Charges." It's a legal term of art, but even so, a terribly awkward choice of words in this case, IMO. Anderson wants a separate trial for the arson charges he's facing. JMO, that's because surveillance footage and witnesses have him setting Sade Robinson's car on fire by tossing a lighter into the driver's seat. No witnesses or cameras, as far as we know, saw him harm her.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've worked for several law firms along the way. One of the reasons a Motion to Sever Charges is brought is when the totality of charges is so inflammatory that trying them together is viewed by the defense as being highly prejudicial to their client, to the extent that a fair trial may be out of reach. I hope the judge denies the motion. IMO, Anderson chose to do all of what he did: how he did it, where he did it and the way he hid it. Burning her car was just part and parcel of murdering, dismembering and discarding Sade Robinson like she was after-party trash. It's a heartless, torturous and reprehensible crime and I believe the trial should include every bit of it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back