WI WI - Sara Bushland, 15, Spooner, 3 April 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I highly believe that Sara is alive.

Sara loved her real father and her big sister Lesley, she would contact them if she was a alive.

It is not a coincidence that the police searched in the family property 4 times (where Sara lived with the step father ,step brothers and her mother) , there are other few theories and very sadly all lead to the conclusion that Sara was murdered, I hope they will find by who so he/them will pay for what they did to Sara and for the pain they caused her and to the people who loved her

Last edited:
Sara loved her real father and her big sister Lesley, she would contact them if she was a alive.

It is not a coincidence that the police searched in the family property 4 times (where Sara lived with the step father ,step brothers and her mother) , there are other few theories and very sadly all lead to the conclusion that Sara was murdered, I hope they will find by who so he/them will pay for what they did to Sara and for the pain they caused her and to the people who loved her
I see your point:( if she’s descended then where is her body?

I see your point:( if she’s descended then where is her body?

unfortunately was hidden to prevent the capture of killer/ killers,
So sad they succeeded until now but I read about similar cases when after 25-30 years or more the police finally solve cold cases like that and bring the responsibles to justice, so it's never to late and there is hope that the day will come
and Sara case will be solved.

Local family regains hope in missing child case after Jayme Closs found alive
Many people are celebrating after Jayme Closs has returned home and is safe, but there are still 55 children listed as missing in Wisconsin, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

sara+bushland+poster1.JPG

It's now been 22 years since Lesley’s sister Sara Bushland disappeared from outside of their Spooner home. “She did get off the school bus, there was a truck behind the bus, and from there we know nothing,” Small said.

Decades later she is still searching for answers and begging anyone with information to come forward. "Somebody has to know something, she didn't just disappear of the face of the earth and somebody knows,” Small added.

In a new effort to keep Sara’s story alive, they are making a film titled “Sara Was Here.” Lesley said there were many reasons for the movie but the main drive she said, “for people to understand Sara and to let Sara have a voice that she has never had before."

PREMEIRE of the official trailer for Sara Was Here! A film that examines the unsolved missing case of 15 yr old, Sara Bushland, who disappeared in 1996. Now after 23 years, a new Sheriff, a probing book, and a relentless family are now closer than ever to find truth.

2.33 minute video: Sara Was Here
Wow.

Video at the link includes Sara's sister, LS.

Film To Document Search For Wisconsin Woman 23 Years After Her Disappearance
The story of Jayme Closs is giving hope to other families with missing children in Wisconsin. Sara Bushland, 15, was last seen getting off her school bus in Spooner 23 years ago.

Her family’s search for answers is now featured in a documentary retracing the day she disappeared.

sara-bushland-2.jpg
(credit: CBS)

LS has spent most of her life looking for answers in her sister’s case. This past fall, that search took her back to the home Sara shared with her mom, stepdad and stepbrothers where signs ordered a family to keep secrets as you can see on the walls in the movie trailer.

“You want to say you grew up and had a great childhood and that wasn’t the case. So you’re vulnerable. But, we have to tell Sara’s story in order to find her,” Small said.

Sara’s story will be told by a Minnesota filmmaker in a soon-to-be-released documentary dedicated to moving the case forward.

“So many people through the years have asked me, ‘What do you think? Is she alive, is she not?’ And I can never say either way because there is no proof of that, so I can’t give up that hope,” Small said.

This trailer for the documentary "Sara Was Here" has a lot of info:

I have not previously read up on Sara's case much. From that video we learn:

Sara was abused as a child starting at age 6 by her step-brothers.
By age 15 Sara was dating a 21 year old man.
Sara got pregnant and was told to have an abortion-- she did not want one.
There were 4 searches of the "Lambert property" and cadaver dogs hit on a location indicating a body had been there.

Sounds like they simply need to find her body :(

I wonder if a PI like David Marshburn or a professional search group like Texas Equusearch could help?

MOO.

• Sara Anne Bushland – The Charley Project
  • sara_anne_bushland_1.jpg
  • bushland_sara2.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_3.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_4.jpg
  • sara_anne_bushland_5.jpg
    • Missing Since 04/03/1996
    • Missing From Spooner, Wisconsin
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 08/15/1980 (38)
    • Age 15 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'0, 104 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A Tweety Bird shirt, a blue jacket, blue jeans, black Reebok sneakers, and four sterling silver rings on her right hand, including a Spooner High School class ring with a black stone.

APR 12, 2019
Sara Bushland still missing from Wisconsin after stepping off school bus 23 years ago
[...]

Sara moved into the house with her mother, her stepfather Jim and his sons, Dean and David. According to Lesley, things didn’t get any easier for her younger sister. Lesley said the Lambert home wasn’t always happy, but Sara did develop a group of friends and started dating Travis Lane, a local man who was five years older than she was. Through the ups and downs, Lesley said she and Sara always stayed in touch.

[...]

But on April 3, 1996, Sara’s life changed course.

[...]

Around 4:00 p.m., four students saw Sara get off the bus at her usual stop. According to Washburn County Sheriff Dennis Stuart, witnesses said Sara then started walking up her family’s long driveway.

According to law enforcement and Sara’s family, she never made it to the house. Somewhere along the gravel driveway, Sara disappeared.

[...]

After a night of phone calls to Sara’s friends and a visit to her boyfriend Travis’s apartment nearby, Marie reported her daughter missing on April 4. But in the days and weeks that followed Sara’s disappearance, Marie’s initial urgency waned.

“My mom would basically tell me that I didn’t need to worry,” Lesley, who was 17 at the time, told Dateline. “This wasn’t a big event. And I’ve since been told that she was reported without a sense of urgency. I don’t understand it. No matter how your child disappeared, it should always be urgent. But at 17 years old, I just listened.”

Lesley also told Dateline that despite her mother reporting Sara missing, investigators initially did not search for the teenager. The Washburn County Sheriff’s Department treated Sara’s disappearance as a runaway case. According to Sheriff Stuart, law enforcement conducted the first of several searches at the Lambert property in July of 1999 – more than three years after Sara disappeared. He said investigators also combed through a trash dump on the property in 1999 and dragged nearby Spring Lake in August of 2000. They found nothing of significance.

[...]

In May of 2013, a group of more than 70 officials, made up of Washburn County officers and Wisconsin’s Division of Criminal Investigation, searched the Lambert property once more. Again, they found nothing.

[...]

“The case has changed hands so many times. And each new detective assumes that the last group took care of it and looked into all the evidence,” Sara’s sister Lesley told Dateline. “It’s awful. At 17 years old, I believed law enforcement was doing everything it was supposed to be doing. It affects me every single day.”

[...]

“The Sara Bushland case is still an ongoing investigation. We constantly get leads and we are doing follow-up with it. The case has never been closed,” Sheriff Stuart told Dateline. He would not describe the nature of the leads his office has received.

[...]

It’s just so sad that police did a really bad job on investigating Sara’s Disappearance in the three years after she went missing

After researching and writing for the book,y opinion the lack of an initial investigation was due to how Sara’s parents reported her missing. I believe they reported her as a runaway, and that’s why the circumstances were not investigated right away.

Terribly sad, assuming it's voluntary , so much time is wasted and evidence lost, failure to pin point a crime scene......I am sure a lot of factors go into this decision, but maybe very simple on the part of the investigating agency. Just heartbreaking to go back so to speak to look at evidence and circumstances again. Hats off to cold case teams !! MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back