GUILTY WI - Seairaha Winchester 30, & Brittany Mcadory 27, double homicide, Janesville, 10 Feb 2020 arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is local to me, so sad.

My wife & I spend a night in Janesville on our annual fishing trip to Canada. After reading about this case & looking at the facebook posts of the friends of the 2 victims we may start further north.

There's been an arrest made in this case. Looks like a former athlete:

Police arrest former Badger in connection to double homicide

UPDATE (WKOW) -- A former UW-Madison football player has been arrested in connection to Monday's double homicide in Janesville.

Marcus Randle-El, 33, was taken into custody on Saturday after he turned himself into the Chicago Police Department around 3 p.m, according to police.

Randle-El is facing charges of two counts of first-degree intentional homicide.

Janesville Police made this announcement at a Saturday evening news conference.

Follow-up story here:

Janesville homicide victim's mother speaks after suspect arrested

JANESVILLE (WKOW) -- Flowers, cards and balloons are still at a memorial for Seairaha Winchester and Brittany McAdory, killed earlier this week.

Janesville police say the only suspect, Marcus Randle El, turned himself in Saturday afternoon.

Family say it's just the start.

"At first we were ecstatic, for sure, but obviously that doesn't bring Brittany back," Stephanie Vinson, Brittany McAdory's mother, said.

When Vinson learned that the man accused of killing her daughter was in custody, she was confused at first.

"She wasn't affiliated with this guy at all, I don't believe she knew what was coming her way," Vinson said.

Marcus Randle El: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I thought his last name sounded super familiar. His brother is Steelers player Antwaan Randle-el and his brother Curtis has a criminal justice degree and works for the Indiana Attorney General and his family's philanthropic organization.

In 2014, according to NWI.com, Randle El was accused in the alleged abduction of his daughter. He faced accusations at that time of child abduction and home invasion.
That case stemmed from an Amber alert issued for his daughter. According to the news site, Randle El didn’t have legal custody of his daughter but his former girlfriend alleged he showed up with a pistol and took the 3 year old girl. He was out on parole after serving 6 years for this crime when he murdered Seairaha and Brittany.

What an incredibly brazen and belligerent thing to do not just to these women, but to his family.

In the Heavy.com article he was involved in 2006 in an altercation with his girlfriend and another football player. He had to undergo anger management training. His lawyer said he is not a threat to the community.

“She never came back”: Janesville homicide victim’s girlfriend remembers last moments

Former Badger football player arrested in Janesville double homicide

“In a press conference, Lt. Charles Aagaard said detectives discovered video surveillance footage which confirmed Winchester and McAdory went to the T.A. Express gas station around 2 a.m. Monday morning and left the store in McAdory's black Jeep Cherokee. In their investigation, evidence pointed to a potential planned meeting between the women and Randle-El.”

Court documents piece together motive behind Janesville double homicide

Per the last link above, SW owed the suspect money for drugs, and he had been threatening her for some time prior to the meeting at the gas station. This is when he apparently carjacked the women (who were in the Jeep belonging to BMcA), forced them to drive to another location, and subsequently killed them.

I remain slightly perplexed, though, as I simply can’t imagine anyone “planning a meeting” so late at night with a person
a) to whom they owed a not-insignificant amount of money
b) who had made numerous threats of violence towards them

“She never came back”: Janesville homicide victim’s girlfriend remembers last moments

Former Badger football player arrested in Janesville double homicide

“In a press conference, Lt. Charles Aagaard said detectives discovered video surveillance footage which confirmed Winchester and McAdory went to the T.A. Express gas station around 2 a.m. Monday morning and left the store in McAdory's black Jeep Cherokee. In their investigation, evidence pointed to a potential planned meeting between the women and Randle-El.”

Court documents piece together motive behind Janesville double homicide

Per the last link above, SW owed the suspect money for drugs, and he had been threatening her for some time prior to the meeting at the gas station. This is when he apparently carjacked the women (who were in the Jeep belonging to BMcA), forced them to drive to another location, and subsequently killed them.

I remain slightly perplexed, though, as I simply can’t imagine anyone “planning a meeting” so late at night with a person
a) to whom they owed a not-insignificant amount of money
b) who had made numerous threats of violence towards them

Doesn't make sense unless SW paid the debt & the girls were killed anyway for disrespecting him.

Jurors deliberated for less than two hours to find Randle El, 36, guilty on all four charges, which also included two firearms counts, in the deaths of Seairaha Winchester and Brittany McAdory. Following the verdict, the judge revoked his bond and set his sentencing hearing for May 3, at which time the victims’ loved ones will be able to make their statements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back