WI WI - Suzanne Marie Schultz, 17, Black Earth, 1 Dec 1978

Websleuths nor NAMUS list Stephen Craig Lund's DOB. I'm assuming it's 1947 since he was 23 in 1970. Does anyone know or could you find out on Ancestry? I no longer have a subscription. TIA.

I may have found him living in a boarding house as late as 2003. I'd need a DOB to make sure it's him.

US Search shows Stephen Craig Lund, age 75, birth date Jan 15, 1947, living at a boarding house in Tampa, Florida in 2003. This public record shows the boarding house is located at 2606 Corrine St in Tampa.

Google maps shows that a Jan 2008 photo of a street view of that boarding house is now an empty lot with a metal gate at the entrance.

Stephen Lund's family is from Illinois. He lived in Riverdale, Illinois, a village bordering Chicago, when he got married in 1966. His ex-wife remarried 6 Nov 1989, about eleven years after 1 Dec 1978.

Does anyone know whether Stephen Lund was still married at the time he was with Suzanne Schultz? Or, when did he and Greene get divorced?

Waukesha_Daily_Freeman_1966_11_26_Page_10.jpg

Wisconsin marriage records show Stephen Craig Lund was married 27 Nov 1966 in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, USA to Gladys Rae Greene in the Wisconsin, U.S., Marriage Records, 1820-2004

Wisconsin, U.S., Marriage Records, 1820-2004 shows Gladys Rae Roth nee Greene-Lund getting married 6 Nov 1989 in Waukesha County, Wisconsin, USA, to Terrence Glenn Roth.

Lund told his family in Illinois he would be home on July 4, 1979. He never arrived.
Schultz contacted her family in July of 1979 from Tampa, Florida.
Schultz told her family (in Black Earth?) she'd be home August 4, 1979. She never arrived.
Suzanne's U-Haul trailer and vehicle were located in Chicago in September, 1979, where they were abandoned. Was the trailer empty? Were her belongings still in the U-haul trailer or her vehicle? Were his?

Schultz was 17 when she went missing. Lund was 32 when he went missing. What's a 32 year old married/divorced man doing with a 17 year old? Odds are pretty good that one or both of them drove up from Florida to Chicago. And then Stephen Lund ends up back in Tampa, Florida, in a rooming house? In a Newspaper.com search from 1978-2023, this Suzanne Marie Schultz's name doesn't come up even once. Not a peep since then from either the newspapers or updates from the police in 45 years (that I'm aware of)? Pardon my bewilderment. It would be helpful to get a statement from the families involved.

Last edited:

suzanne_marie_schultz_1.jpg

Suzanne Marie Schultz, age 17, Missing since 1 December 1978​

Suzanne Marie Schultz​

Suzanne Marie Schultz was last seen leaving her home in December of 1978. Her exact missing date is unknown, so an approximation of December 1st has been given.
35529d_b5a916809e244347ace5e1c9d927f04a~mv2.jpg

She contacted her family in July of 1979 from Tampa, Florida, where she was believed to be staying with a male companion, Stephen Craig Lund. She told her family that she would be returning home on August 4th but never returned home. Stephen told his family in Illinois that he'd be home on July 4th, but he never arrived.

The U-Haul trailer they were traveling in was found abandoned in Chicago, Illinois in September of 1979.

Suzanne and Stephen remain missing and have never been heard from again. Their cases remain unsolved.
35529d_4cf4967260f8421ba6bd09a98f6424e7~mv2.jpg

Suzanne is a white female, 5’6”, and 120 pounds. She has brown, shoulder length hair, green eyes, and she wears glasses.

This is a photo of Suzanne age-progressed to 42 years old. Below is a photo of Suzanne age-progressed to 51 years old.

Suzanne was 17 years old when she went missing. She would be 60 years old today.

35529d_10bd24d9cf154213b29e2262b81519cf~mv2.jpg

https://www.wimissing.org/post/suzanne-marie-schultz

What if they both were killed in Florida, and someone else drove the U-Haul to Chicago? What exactly were they transporting anyways. I haven’t heard that mentioned anywhere. What if it was drugs?

I think there is an incredibly strong likelihood that Suzanne and Stephen are these two Does found a few years later.

There are a lot of similarities between the unidentified and the missing persons.

"2 skeletons found in South Dade field," Miami Herald, 12 December 1982, 4C.

Two fishermen found the skeletal remains of a man and woman in a South Dade field Saturday, Metro-Dade police said. Police believe they were murdered, but weren't able to immediately determine who they were or the cause of death

As stated earlier in the thread, Stephen might have had some drug issues and incidents with law enforcement. These Does are also linked to drug-trafficking.

"Police seek bits of evidence to identify bodies"

We suspect murder at this time, but it still has to go through the medical examiner before we can determine that," Merritt said. Evidence of gunshot wounds was found on both skeletons, he said, adding that the area is on a popular drug-trafficking route.

And lastly, the unidentified female is is believed to be approximately 10 years younger than the John Doe that was accompanying her. This also matches the description of Suzette and Stephen.

Dungeons' may be clue to deaths"
police have no idea who the couple was, although "we are going under the theory that these people were together."

An assistant Dade medical examiner estimated that the man was between 30 and 40 years, and that the woman was from 18 to 22. They apparently were shot to death, and had been dead anywhere from two months to a year.

After reviewing all these possible connections, I have sent this tip into the Dane County Sheriff Department in Wisconsin and also the Medical Examiner currently assigned to the Does cases. I truly hope they take a look. This absolutely has to be them. When it comes to possible identification, I’d be pressed to find an alternative suggestion.

I’d also like to thank @citizen_sleuth who had initially compiled these articles for the Homestead Does WS thread. I found then clipped there when I began realizing that maybe these folks could be Suzanne and Stephen.

Speaking of that other thread, I’m also going to link this there as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nynaeva
Back