WI WI - Tara Sullivan, 47, Suspicious Circ, phone found in Ringle, veh found Hwy 29 Shawno Cty, resides in Weston, Apr 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 21, 2023
[...]

Captain of Investigations Jeff Stefonnek says they've been getting one or two tips per week, but so far nothing substantial.

“We continue to ask if anybody knows anything that we don’t already know or they see Tara or they come across information that would lead us to her that they stay aware and just let us know,” said Stefonnek.

They do have one key piece of evidence… Sullivan's cell phone.

They are hoping they will be able to unlock it soon.

“The forensic tools that we use to get into electronic devices we continually get updates on. With each new update that comes out we’re hoping we can get into that device and that will be the big break in the case.”

[...]

JUL 21, 2023
[...]

Captain of Investigations Jeff Stefonnek says they've been getting one or two tips per week, but so far nothing substantial.

“We continue to ask if anybody knows anything that we don’t already know or they see Tara or they come across information that would lead us to her that they stay aware and just let us know,” said Stefonnek.

“The forensic tools that we use to get into electronic devices we continually get updates on. With each new update that comes out we’re hoping we can get into that device and that will be the big break in the case.”

[...]
 Tara Jane Sullivan

JUL 21, 2023
[...]

[...]
I honestly don’t know what to think about Tara. Is she missing if her own accord or foul play?

Since we don't know what they know because they haven't told us what they know except general information, what can anyone tell them? (Personally, I'd like to know the driver's seat position when they found her vehicle. Was it in a position for a woman or a larger man?)

The latest article (above) states her phone was found near the Marathon County Landfill, 172900 WI-29, which is a little more of a specific area than the previously-named Town of Ringle general location.

"Her cell phone was found in an area near the Marathon County Landfill, and officers found her car abandoned along the side of Highway 29 in Shawano County."

The article doesn't state whether they searched the landfill itself.

general areas of interest.jpg

<modsnip: not an approved social media account>

Last edited by a moderator:

Did her vehicle cause the damage to the garage door?

Reading backwards, asked and answered. Vehicle damage matches up. I hope they've scoured that vehicle for any indication whether someone else was operating it.

Another view of the Ringle Ave dead end where Tara's phone was found. This is a screenshot of a May 2023 Google street view (facing north) taken from Highway 29 (WWI Veteran's Memorial Highway) Whoever went down Ringle Ave either purposely went to that dead end for a reason or they assumed the road would connect with Highway 29. Either way, they were going in the direction that Tara's vehicle was found. Interesting to note is that the street she lived on in Weston, Schofield Ave, merges with Ringle Avenue going east right by Silver Creek. If you continue on, you'll run into the Ringle Ave dead end in Ringle, a distance of about 9 miles.

Too many details of this case point to an abduction and not a staged disappearance, IMO.

Most cell phones, including mine, have an online account where a running record is kept of incoming and outgoing calls. How come that and getting the last ping locations of her phone before it was found haven't been addressed? Waiting since April for an update?

We also don't know the time period between her vehicle crashing through her garage door and when her phone was found. It must have pinged at that location at some point in time. Also, if she drove her vehicle to where it was found, how did she leave that area? Unless she had help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think the details of her case point to an abduction, unfortunately.
I’m alarmed that LE have not accessed her phone yet.
If you live by yourself, how long does it reasonably take for someone to remember they last saw you?

View attachment 416454

This picture is from Tara's Facebook page, posted on 2/2/23.
In this profile picture from Facebook Look at the state of her car reflected in her glasses. Especially since she said she works out of her car.

Attachments

• 0ED83D2E-F38B-46E3-AADB-FE5242C44FDA.jpeg
    0ED83D2E-F38B-46E3-AADB-FE5242C44FDA.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 70
Hi there! I think if you read back five pages, most of what you mention has been covered.

This is an odd case, it seems no one is advocating for Tara - that makes me sad. No updates from LE since 7/20/23.
I agree, it’s extremely weird. The detectives don’t even call me back. I tried to offer a reward but they said they would call me back and never have. I have left at least 10 messages since hearing about her disappearance. When Tara and I talked about her family, she would tell me they weren’t super close but I know that she did see her dad and brother. It’s weird that they haven’t even had one press conference or even care about pleading for her return or life.
it all makes me think she might have fled, and they know it. At least that is what I would hope happened instead of my other thoughts.

Here are just my thoughts on this case as I have been watching it closely & to my knowledge have read everything I can find where Tara is mentioned.

#1- Tara's cellphone
From my understanding, it was found in/near the landfill. How was it decided that this was Tara's phone? But most importantly, how did the Police know where Tara's home was since she's new to this area?

#2 Tara's Cellphone
99% of cellphones have a lock code on them. I'd be willing to bet hers did too. Especially seeing as a real estate agent would/could have sensitive communication & info on it. In deciding that this phone belonged to Tara there would have to have been access to the contents of the phone. Why is no other info accessible & why are the police saying they don't have the technology to get into her phone?

#3 Off duty deputies 'just so happen' to discover her vehicle
You expect me to believe that 2 off duty deputies from the same county she is missing from just happen to come across her vehicle 3 miles off the visible road in a county an hour away?

#4 The boyfriend she had a month ago
Why is it mentioned she had a boyfriend a month ago but no other info?

#5 No Family Advocate
Why no family begging for her return? Are they scared or have been threatened to where not a single family or friend has petitioned for her return?

I may just be from a small town where LE corruption is rampant but this stinks of LE involvement, sorry. I'd be willing to bet the bf briefly mentioned was an LE. This is just my opinion only

Here are just my thoughts on this case as I have been watching it closely & to my knowledge have read everything I can find where Tara is mentioned.

#1- Tara's cellphone
From my understanding, it was found in/near the landfill. How was it decided that this was Tara's phone? But most importantly, how did the Police know where Tara's home was since she's new to this area?

#2 Tara's Cellphone
99% of cellphones have a lock code on them. I'd be willing to bet hers did too. Especially seeing as a real estate agent would/could have sensitive communication & info on it. In deciding that this phone belonged to Tara there would have to have been access to the contents of the phone. Why is no other info accessible & why are the police saying they don't have the technology to get into her phone?

#3 Off duty deputies 'just so happen' to discover her vehicle
You expect me to believe that 2 off duty deputies from the same county she is missing from just happen to come across her vehicle 3 miles off the visible road in a county an hour away?

#4 The boyfriend she had a month ago
Why is it mentioned she had a boyfriend a month ago but no other info?

#5 No Family Advocate
Why no family begging for her return? Are they scared or have been threatened to where not a single family or friend has petitioned for her return?

I may just be from a small town where LE corruption is rampant but this stinks of LE involvement, sorry. I'd be willing to bet the bf briefly mentioned was an LE. This is just my opinion only
Deputies from the Marathon County Sheriff’s Office retrieved the phone from someone who found it at the Ringle Ave. deadend. They went to her address and found she and her vehicle were missing, damage to her garage door and items inside her apartment in disarray. The off-duty officers who spotted her vehicle that same afternoon were from the Wausau Police Department, also in Marathon County. I'd assume a description of her vehicle was given to all area LE which is why they spotted her vehicle a couple hundred feet off Highway 29 about 29 miles east from where her phone was found.

That doesn’t answer how they knew her address and that is an awful flimsy excuse for how they found her vehicle
Right. I have a fingerprint unlock and a 4 digit code to unlock my Android. When I turn it on before it's even unlocked, there's usually previous caller's phone numbers on the screen that I didn't get to. It would be a simple matter of calling one of those numbers and ask who did they recently call. From there they can get her address from the DMV. There may have been some identification on the phone, too.

IMO, I think she was abducted. The scenario looks to me like she surprised someone(s) burglarizing her apartment. They panicked, abducted her, crashed her vehicle through the closed garage door, took her vehicle east down Schofield Ave which merges into Ringle Ave, hit the dead end (thinking it would take them east on to Highway 29), threw her phone out, backtracked to Hy Q, then went east on 29 for 29 miles to Old 29, dropped her car off there and took her with one of them in another vehicle and one in her car since she wasn't found in the area and there was no mention of her scent leading away from the car on foot and being tracked.

Also, if she wanted to just disappear, why bring more attention on yourself by crashing your vehicle, tossing your phone and then abandoning your vehicle 29 miles away which would just bring more attention to try and locate you?

And the chances of four law enforcement officers from two different agencies conspiring to kidnap a woman and everyone in those agencies covering it up seems pretty way out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back