Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?What Will her story be?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?

• Yes

Votes: 158 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 40.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 90 21.6%

• Total voters
I rather doubt Casey will say that it was an accident and she was afraid to tell the truth. That will not wash with me. Caylee is dead and was thrown away in a garbage bag in the edge of the woods.
Casey really does not appear to be a scared little waif afraid to get in trouble. She has to pay for what she has done.
I voted no, that her story will not change before trial.

From the time that Cindy found out that Caylee was missing Casey has stuck to her story about the Nanny. I don't see her changing it one bit. She may add some things to her story but I think she will stick to the Nanny and it wasn't Casey.

If it had been a accident or she was going to change her story and say it was...why wouldn't she have done that before now? She has an attorney and that story could have come out way before now. Instead she has stuck to the Nanny story even to her attorney as far as we know.

Casey thinks that the jurors will believe her and the dream team will get her aquited...bet on it. She has her attorney and her parents wrapped around her finger and probably thinks she can do the same to the jury.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the borderline vs sociopath theories. If she is sociopath, would she really care about how Cindy viewed her?

Did SP show sociopathic symptoms his whole life?

I think she would care more that her credibility is damaged, therefore making it more difficult to get Cindy to believe her lies.

I'm sure not often but there's a documentary called "The Thin Blue Line" that is about a frame up.

Also, check out "Paradise Lost" too. Both are about frame ups that LE never really investigated and just ignored exonerating evidence. In "Paradise Lost" it's actually LE doing the framing.

I understand that these are examples, and while not impossible, highly improbable based on what evidence has been available so far.

In Britain and someone said Australia too the media is very limited in what they can report before a trial. IMO, that is as it should be, or they should at least tighten the laws on what can and can't be released.

I agree.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not Schroedinger's cat, in this universe. :crazy:

He's just trying to get her a fair trial. He's setting up a defense for her. His tactics are going to be skeevy but she does deserve a vigorous defense. Everybody does.

(Some quoted posts have been edited in order to only show the pertinent information to my responses)

Lol, a many worlds enthusiast lending credence to a wealth of additional perspectives. Welcome to WS! JB does have his work cut out for him.

I've listened to *every* video and, I think, read *every* document, BUT I'd think long and hard before being interviewed by LE if I were a peripheral player in a crime investigation. Too many e-mail addresses out there (the great grandmother and her sister). Too many innocently gossipy comments in those letters, about other family members. I'd be very aware I was being taped. I think I'd be more likely to say, "I'll tell all. But I'll tell all at the Waffle House, over a Fiesta Omelet without hot peppers and hash browns with onions. And sweet tea. With you, Mr. Yuri, sitting there nekkid so I'll know you're not wearing a wire."

Blaise

hehe, I'm sure that's the reason... ;) Seriously though, all interesting points, especially if you’re a Florida resident. Your comments support the idea that the meter reader was reluctant to keep following through at first.

I've listened to *every* video and, I think, read *every* document, BUT I'd think long and hard before being interviewed by LE if I were a peripheral player in a crime investigation. Too many e-mail addresses out there (the great grandmother and her sister). Too many innocently gossipy comments in those letters, about other family members. I'd be very aware I was being taped. I think I'd be more likely to say, "I'll tell all. But I'll tell all at the Waffle House, over a Fiesta Omelet without hot peppers and hash browns with onions. And sweet tea. With you, Mr. Yuri, sitting there nekkid so I'll know you're not wearing a wire."

Blaise

Can I come?

Casey has stuck to the "nanny did it story", with the vague shift from leaving Caylee with 'the nanny' at the Sawgrass Apts, to the nanny, the sister, and the kids, grabbing Caylee and taking her away from Casey at Blanchard Park. I only wonder which "script" Baez will use. And he will also have to exaggerate some of this storyline even further, adding some fluff to it also. Like, why would anyone want to kidnap Casey Anthony's child ? How or what or why was Casey so powerful or so important that the nanny would want to kidnap Caylee? Casey was not an important person, except in her own half baked mind! She wasn't a company or corporation CEO, or a bank president or any influential person in any relam of any business.
I think Jose Baez has his work cut out for him to show why "the nanny" or anyone else would conjure up such a plot and do harm to Caylee to get at Casey!
I also remember Casey telling some that "the nanny " had money , bought Caylee all kinds of toys and her own set of clothes to have at her house too. So why would a welthy nanny , who was with the child actually more than Casey, do harm to Caylee? Why would a wealthy nanny do such a thing?
And why did Casey, an unemployed high school drop out, need a nanny in the first place? Hmmm.

Casey has stuck to the "nanny did it story", with the vague shift from leaving Caylee with 'the nanny' at the Sawgrass Apts, to the nanny, the sister, and the kids, grabbing Caylee and taking her away from Casey at Blanchard Park. I only wonder which "script" Baez will use. And he will also have to exaggerate some of this storyline even further, adding some fluff to it also. Like, why would anyone want to kidnap Casey Anthony's child ? How or what or why was Casey so powerful or so important that the nanny would want to kidnap Caylee? Casey was not an important person, except in her own half baked mind! She wasn't a company or corporation CEO, or a bank president or any influential person in any relam of any business.
I think Jose Baez has his work cut out for him to show why "the nanny" or anyone else would conjure up such a plot and do harm to Caylee to get at Casey!
I also remember Casey telling some that "the nanny " had money , bought Caylee all kinds of toys and her own set of clothes to have at her house too. So why would a welthy nanny , who was with the child actually more than Casey, do harm to Caylee? Why would a wealthy nanny do such a thing?
And why did Casey, an unemployed high school drop out, need a nanny in the first place? Hmmm.

What will be even more fascinating is HOW Baez is going to get this story in front of a jury in the first place. Because the nanny is solely an item in Casey's imagination, there is no one in her life who can bolster or embellish her story. Casey -- and only Casey -- can tell the jury about the nanny -- coming from anyone else, it will be hearsay. And given how poorly Casey comes across when she speaks, I doubt he's going to want to do that.

I'm betting that Baez is desperately hoping to convince Casey to drop the nanny story and head in a different direction. Since she no doubt believes that she is much smarter than the rest of us, I'm not sure he'll be successful.

It will be somewhere like Gainesville or somewhere reasonably close. They won't go that far away because of the time and expense for LE and witnesses.

I thought Gainesville because they could find a lot of young women for the jury. They sure don't want a retirement area where people's life experience would recognize the lies immediately.

IMO, if the defense tries a change of venue to Miami, the SAO will counter with Collier County (Naples)...as it is much smaller and alot of media attention doesn't get soaked up there. As defense would want Miami for the less trust in LE, SAO would want Naples because of it's high income, and a jury of older retired wealthy whites will really throw the book at her.

She's going to throw Cindy under the bus.

I'm not sure. I think she would love to throw Cindy under the bus but not sure she will. I say that because I think KC has spent so much time doing things that say " look at me" "love me" towards her mom. I think she will throw George & lee under the bus in a way to say " it's just me & you mommy." I don't think she feels anything towards her dad or Lee. I think her relationship with Cindy is intense, love/hate relationship. I think she will want to show her mom she needs her so so much.

The only reason Casey will take the stand is to show she is not capable of knowing what she did. If Baez can bring out her other personality(Zanny) like in the movie "SYBLE" then he will let her testify. Now I know what the were doing in all of those 6 hour sessions,Baez was putting her into a deep sleep so Zanny would feel comfortable enough to come out and talk.
The only hope he has is to plead insanity. That would be a slam dunk. I believe everyone will agree, she must have been crazy to think she could get away with the way she handled the whole thing. She could have faked an accident. She could have left the area. She could have hidden the body some where else, she could have taken out an insurance policy.
She had to be crazy to hurt that beautiful baby.

(SNIPPED)

IMO, the wheels would already have to be in motion for the insanity plea..suicide watch, dancing naked in her cell, talking to imaginary people, and they have her on tape up to Oct acting like herself...

How or what or why was Casey so powerful or so important that the nanny would want to kidnap Caylee? She wasn't a company or corporation CEO, or a bank president or any influential person in any relam of any business.

Jose Baez needs to start laying out a story, now.

I'm not sure. I think she would love to throw Cindy under the bus but not sure she will. I say that because I think KC has spent so much time doing things that say " look at me" "love me" towards her mom. I think she will throw George & lee under the bus in a way to say " it's just me & you mommy." I don't think she feels anything towards her dad or Lee. I think her relationship with Cindy is intense, love/hate relationship. I think she will want to show her mom she needs her so so much.

I'm not sure KC has made up her mind what she is going to do or who is going under the bus yet. Remember, her only source of what is happening with her case is JB. Her only link, that we know of, to the outside world is JB. GA has said he doesn't like JB, and I'm sure he's not the only one in the family who feels that way.
At this point, CA, GA, and LA better worry about their own azz-cause KC is only worried about hers!!:rolleyes:

I hope Tom Cruise isnt bankrolling the made for TV movie about this with Katie Holmes as KC!!! lol

:waitasec:::clap: :clap:

"Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom... you don't know the history of KC, I DO!"

let's hope Tom is not that far gone.

I hope Tom Cruise isnt bankrolling the made for TV movie about this with Katie Holmes as KC!!! lol

I could see that and I think she could pull it off!! Only a crazy can portray another crazy and pull it off realistically!:crazy:

:waitasec:::clap: :clap:

"Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom... you don't know the history of KC, I DO!"

let's hope Tom is not that far gone.

Manatee you're just being "glib" now!!

Why doesn't JB lay out a story?

It will be as intricate as the plot of a mystery novel.

In the Kio interview, Kio heard a little girl say “mommy mommy mommy” on July 9th. Was Caylee alive after the car was abandoned with the decomposition smell in the trunk?

According to what Kio heard, Caylee wasn't dead or missing on July 9th. And according to Casey's own testimony to Detective Melich, Casey said she lost contact with Caylee the day before she contacted police on July 12th.

Detective Melich derided her strongly for not contacting the police the day before.

But then, later, Casey said she hadn’t seen Caylee since June 9th. What did she mean by “hadn’t seen”?

Did Casey mean she had given Caylee up for adoption on June 9th? Was it an open adoption where Caylee spent time with Casey? The reason she might do some kind of illegal adoption was maybe so she could make more money for her employers, because Caylee’s grandparents were so much of a pain to deal with.

Casey has hidden her real job from police and from everyone, even lying to Kio about Universal. Oddly, Zenaida had a Universal ID. I think Casey did have a job at Universal, and so did Zenaida. What is the Universal connection?

Kio, working at Universal said she gave preferred clients her private cell number. Sounds like a glorified hooker to me. Casey may have been even deeper in that same world.

JB needs to start laying out the story now. The country is on the edge of its seats, waiting.

I just looked back at my posts from last nite thru now..I still can't come up with even ONE story that makes sense. The "A"'s, in all the agonizing aggravating nonsense they've said and done, have painted themselves in a corner.

As far as a defense, I think they have a couple of scenarios or combo of facts they're throwing around. But, they are only glorified WS'ers...they are waiting for the discovery to find out what the LE has so they can create a story around it. The defense has the upper hand only in this regard because they go in knowing what the SAO is gonna do...
The only counterbalance the SAO has is (other than all the evidence and actions of "A"'s so far) is the evidence they havent released. And with discovery, especially statements and experts, they have to release it to the defense but not reveal what theyre expers think about it. Its the defenses job to use their experts to come up with theories..and defenses job to analyze ALL the statements and figure out which part of every statement they are honing in on.

An example to this is the forensic computer guys...I think the BSD laptop Lee took 2 hrs to return to the house WAS able to have data recovered....and the bag...I can only imagine what they have from it...if anything in there is proven to be bought after she disappeared, by virtue of receipt, she's cooked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back