Will Charges Be Brought in December?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope no charges will be brought and that they do indeed have as merry a Christmas that they can without Madeleine.

?? I'm not sure what you mean. You sure hope they are innocent or you hope they don't get charged with a crime regardless?

I hope they are innocent.
Daffodil, I am not trying to be difficult, but why?

Someone did this crime, why do you care who did it in same token with the wish to finding and punishing the one(s) the guilty?

If you had said "I think they are innocent", I could even understand . But to hope they are just goes right over my head.

Innocent you say....well there's one thing for sure daffodil, the Mc's ARE 100% guilty of failing Madeleine. If they hadn't have gone off and left 3 very small children ALONE , then Maddy wouldn't be missing ,end of story.

Innocent you say....well there's one thing for sure daffodil, the Mc's ARE 100% guilty of failing Madeleine. If they hadn't have gone off and left 3 very small children ALONE , then Maddy wouldn't be missing ,end of story.

Doesnt mean they killed her though does it so its not the end of the story.

Doesnt mean they killed her though does it so its not the end of the story.

It all depends on who they are and who they know.

Here in the US, over the summer, several "parents" left their children in their cars in very hot temperatures, in which they died. The Hooters waitress, was arrested and charged, the Pediatrician was never arrested or charged. They both did the exact same terrible thing to their child, leaving them alone, resulting in death, but they where not treated equal by the court. They both neglected their children.

Is that fair?

The McCann's neglected their children resulting in the possible death of one, and they should be charged. If you (unless you are really Kate)did the same thing, you would be in Jail right now.

ETA: I know our laws are different, but in the UK, the child abandonment act can work in either way...it all depends on how much money you have to spend, and what way the spin stops.

The Daily Telegraph's update

Detectives are said to believe that – in the absence of conclusive forensic evidence – the key to unravelling the mystery of Madeleine's disappearance shortly before her fourth birthday could lie with alleged inconsistencies in the statements given by the McCanns and their friends.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/04/wmaddy104.xml

McCann parents 'may return to Portugal'

By Fiona Govan in Praia da Luz

Last Updated: 2:36pm GMT 04/12/2007

MADELEINE: POLICE TO CALL MCCANNS BACK

CONFRONTATION: Kate and Gerry could be forced into showdown with witnesses in Portugal

Wednesday December 5,2007

By David Pilditch in Praia da Luz

POLICE want Kate and Gerry McCann to return to Portugal before Christmas for fresh interrogations over the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.

The couple could be forced into a confrontation with witnesses or be made to appear in an identity parade.

Their holiday friends are also expected to be asked to fly out for the meeting.

The development comes as the group prepares for new interviews in Britain.

Police want to question the Tapas 9 over a series of alleged inconsistencies about events on the night of May 3 when Madeleine vanished from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz as they dined nearby.

Three senior Portuguese officers will fly here as early as this week.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/27298

MADELEINE: POLICE TO CALL MCCANNS BACK CONFRONTATION: Kate and Gerry could be forced into showdown with witnesses in Portugal

Wednesday December 5,2007
By David Pilditch in Praia da Luz

POLICE want Kate and Gerry McCann to return to Portugal before Christmas for fresh interrogations over the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine.
The couple could be forced into a confrontation with witnesses or be made to appear in an identity parade. Their holiday friends are also expected to be asked to fly out for the meeting. The development comes as the group prepares for new interviews in Britain. Police want to question the Tapas 9 over a series of alleged inconsistencies about events on the night of May 3 when Madeleine vanished from a holiday flat in Praia da Luz as they dined nearby.Three senior Portuguese officers will fly here as early as this week.
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/27298

Do you think they'll all voluntarily go?

That's my question, too. I think the McCanns would have to be dragged back to Portugal, in handcuffs.

Oh brother...What ever happened to the good old fashion Chinese water torture? Painless, yet so effective!

They won't be cracking open the Champers at Christmas.

MCANN’S WON'T BE IN CLEAR BY CHRISTMAS
By Jon Clements And Martin Fricker In Rothley. 06/12/2007

EXCLUSIVE Tests blow for couple
Kate and Gerry McCann will NOT be cleared by Christmas after Portuguese police asked British scientists to carry out new forensic tests.
Officers met Leicestershire Police and Forensic Science Service experts last week to insist more samples be analyzed from the McCann’s' holiday flat.
The apartment in Praia da Luz was contaminated because local officers failed to seal it after the McCann’s' daughter Madeleine, four, went missing on May 3.
A source said: "They hope new tests will clarify what happened around the time she went missing."

The tests will take at least three weeks and detectives will then decide on the McCann’s' status as suspects. Officers may fly to Britain next week to quiz the couple.
There were separate claims yesterday that the scientists accused the police of ruining samples. But sources familiar with the meeting insisted it was "very amicable and relaxed". The insider said: "There was no row. It was a constructive discussion."

MCANN’S WON'T BE IN CLEAR BY CHRISTMAS
By Jon Clements And Martin Fricker In Rothley. 06/12/2007
...snip.
The apartment in Praia da Luz was contaminated because local officers failed to seal it after the McCann’s' daughter Madeleine, four, went missing on May 3.
A source said: "They hope new tests will clarify what happened around the time she went missing."
...snip

This just infuriates me...If the McCanns would have called the police the second they found Maddie "missing", and didn't have all their friends come in and "search", the crime scene would not have been contaminated. The McCanns contaminated it, and blame the Police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member