Will the Anthonys Now Believe that Casey Did It?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Caylee was dehumanized from conception until death and even after death. Denied in the womb probably until Braxton Hicks was mistaken for labor. Denied a Daddy and other set of family. Denied a cause of death. Denied a proper burial and funeral. Denied the truth. I don't believe the A.'s are in denial though. They know, but made their priorities known in a crystal clear way during the trial, and before the trial. I wonder if they have any concerns for future children or episodes of "bloating".

The main thing is that even where there is love, the outrage of having the kid taken, and of having to bear accusations of unfitness, was just too much! Caylee was dead already, if Casey was convinced her mother would truly act this time.
Why do people think the prosecutors didn't pursue the vengeance /spite theory? Curious what others think.

BBM~

I just watched an interview with Jeff Ashton today, that Kathi Belich did. He addresses this...it all hinged on the 'big fight' that happened the night before Caylee 'disappeared'. The problem is, only two people had firsthand knowledge of this, KC and CA, and one was not testifying and the other, ummmm... clearly denied it. Even though there were other people that knew about it (Grandma SP and LA) that would have been hearsay.

It is believed that the fight on that fateful night was brought on by Grandma SP telling CA during the nursing home visit that KC had stolen money from their bank account. As we know, KC had been stealing money from CA for many months, and this was apparently the final straw. But that wasn't admissible either, because the court had already ruled pretrial that 'prior bad acts' would not be allowed in. Mr. Ashton said in the interview that had that been allowed at trial, it would have constituted 'reversible error' and would have been grounds for an appeal.

It is shame it was not allowed, because it was one more piece of the puzzle that pointed strongly to motive and premeditation. But then again, this jury probably wouldn't have been able to connect the dots on this either. MOO. :twocents:

BBM~

I just watched an interview with Jeff Ashton today, that Kathi Belich did. He addresses this...it all hinged on the 'big fight' that happened the night before Caylee 'disappeared'. The problem is, only two people had firsthand knowledge of this, KC and CA, and one was not testifying and the other, ummmm... clearly denied it. Even though there were other people that knew about it (Grandma SP and LA) that would have been hearsay.

It is believed that the fight on that fateful night was brought on by Grandma SP telling CA during the nursing home visit that KC had stolen money from their bank account. As we know, KC had been stealing money from CA for many months, and this was apparently the final straw. But that wasn't admissible either, because the court had already ruled pretrial that 'prior bad acts' would not be allowed in. Mr. Ashton said in the interview that had that been allowed at trial, it would have constituted 'reversible error' and would have been grounds for an appeal.

It is shame it was not allowed, because it was one more piece of the puzzle that pointed strongly to motive and premeditation. But then again, this jury probably wouldn't have been able to connect the dots on this either. MOO. :twocents:

I know they were not allowed to mention that specific fight, but obviously people (friends/family) could have been questioned in depth in order to bring out the facts of Casey's attitude toward her mother, and Cindy's frequent threats to take Caylee away (I mean it was even at the start of one of the 911 calls). I conjecture there was info about previous times where Casey withheld Caylee (from Cindy) as punishment.

They knew after smelling the car and finding FCA and no Caylee Marie. It is even sadder to consider that FCA may have been using Caylee Marie to punish CA during previous disputes. We will never know the truth, and maybe we are better off not being privy to it. Poor Caylee Marie was trapped in the middle.
MOO

I know they were not allowed to mention that specific fight, but obviously people (friends/family) could have been questioned in depth in order to bring out the facts of Casey's attitude toward her mother, and Cindy's frequent threats to take Caylee away (I mean it was even at the start of one of the 911 calls). I conjecture there was info about previous times where Casey withheld Caylee (from Cindy) as punishment.

IIRC there was a time in early 2008 where CFCA and Caylee spent a week or so with RM - I believe this is what Lee was referring to in a jail visit recording when he asked CFCA, "Is this like last time?"

BBM~

Do you have a link for the interview?

Did JA actually bring up the fight in the interview and did he say Gma Shirley knew about it? I do remember LA telling Jesse about it and I was thinking CA's brother, Rick talked about it. So many lies in this family, it's hard to keep them straight!

I think you're right about this jury, a fight between CA and CFCA that became physical may have just been one more reason to believe CFCA was the one who was abused in that house. :no:

BBM~

I've always felt that Cindy's MySpace message of July 3, 2008, was a direct response to the fight of June 15th. If you read her MySpace message with the fight in mind, it all make sense. You can sense that in Cindy's mind, the result of the fight on June 15th is that Casey took Caylee and left, and that Casey is now punishing her (Cindy) by not allowing her to see or talk to Caylee. At this point, Cindy thinks she's being punished for the confrontation with Casey. Caylee is gone.....gone from her grandparents and Cindy thinks it's Casey's way of punishing her.

A few people knew about the fight on June 15th. Mark Fuhrman reported on it when he was Greta Van Susteran's reporter on the scene. Lee knew about it and evidently told Jesse Grund. But all this would be hearsay. Cindy has denied the fight happened as she knows it goes directly to motive. Casey will never acknowledge the fight for the same reason. If Lee was present, as Cindy's former sister-in-law has stated, he won't talk either. The neighbor who heard fighting at the Anthony home couldn't be sure of the date.

Although the fight was likely the motive, the prosecution had nothing to work with considering all the denial that it happened.

Subject: My Caylee is missing
Current mood: Distraught – July 4, 2008

“She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?”

I don't think any of them have coherent thoughts. At some moments they think she did it, but at other moments they don't. I think they have all gaslighted each other into a state of permanent confusion. You could see in court how they would all vacillate between positions, depending upon which narrative was dominant on that day.

I also think they have such terrible boundaries, such an incapacity to know where each other starts and finishes, that everyone in the family is viewed as everyone else's property. They don't think Caylee's death falls under any other jurisdiction besides their own. Unfortunately they have all been greatly enabled in this delusion by the jury's incomprehensible decision, which may be a dangerous delusion if they ever all end up under the same roof again.

The main thing is that even where there is love, the outrage of having the kid taken, and of having to bear accusations of unfitness, was just too much! Caylee was dead already, if Casey was convinced her mother would truly act this time.
Why do people think the prosecutors didn't pursue the vengeance /spite theory? Curious what others think.

I wish they had pursued the vengeance/spite theory as the motive. It is so much more powerful than the partying motive and I think it was the true motivation.

There were two key pieces of evidence that supported that theory. One was the family fight on the 15th, where CA reportedly attempted to strangle FCA and threatened to take custody of the baby and kick her out of the home. THAT was a powerful trigger for FCA's anger and rage, imo. But the state had nobody to testify about that story. The Anthony's had already denied that fight ever happened, and they were under oath, so they could not change their story without having their credibility being impeached. So the family fight could not be brought into evidence.

And the other evidence that supported the spite/vengeance theory were the Myspace posts that went back and forth between Ca and FCA. But those were also kept out of the trial. So the state did not have the evidence they needed to advance that theory admitted into the trial.

I really believe that the threat Cindy made, to keep Caylee and kick Casey to the curb , was the trigger that sent Casey over the edge. Casey had always felt a bit jealous of the way Caylee was taking her place as the lil princess of the family. But when it hit her that she could be completely replaced, sent away with nothing, while the family doted on Caylee instead, THAT was it. Casey had to put a stop to that possibility once and for all.

Come On!!!!!!!! They knew it all along. Strange Family. Why?????????????????

I've always felt that Cindy's MySpace message of July 3, 2008, was a direct response to the fight of June 15th. If you read her MySpace message with the fight in mind, it all make sense. You can sense that in Cindy's mind, the result of the fight on June 15th is that Casey took Caylee and left, and that Casey is now punishing her (Cindy) by not allowing her to see or talk to Caylee. At this point, Cindy thinks she's being punished for the confrontation with Casey. Caylee is gone.....gone from her grandparents and Cindy thinks it's Casey's way of punishing her.

A few people knew about the fight on June 15th. Mark Fuhrman reported on it when he was Greta Van Susteran's reporter on the scene. Lee knew about it and evidently told Jesse Grund. But all this would be hearsay. Cindy has denied the fight happened as she knows it goes directly to motive. Casey will never acknowledge the fight for the same reason. If Lee was present, as Cindy's former sister-in-law has stated, he won't talk either. The neighbor who heard fighting at the Anthony home couldn't be sure of the date.

Although the fight was likely the motive, the prosecution had nothing to work with considering all the denial that it happened.

Subject: My Caylee is missing
Current mood: Distraught – July 4, 2008

“She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?”

Agreed. It's interesting to read Mrs. Anthony's Myspace post again. It's a sincere post that clearly shows the depth of her anguish.

Funny, she lies so much about so many things, and yet this one post is the only verbiage of hers I can think of, where I can honestly say I believe she is telling the truth....probably because she never expected anyone besides her daughter to read it.

One thing about the post bothers me though, in the same way that a similar moment during the trial sort of creeped me out. She uses "My Caylee is missing" as the subject line in this post. I see that as an example of blurring the boundaries, or disregard for roles, to the extent that Mrs. Anthony saw herself as more Caylee's parent than grandparent. That idea is also supported in the post by the way she describes having provided so much for Caylee. Anyway, she showed that same sentiment again in court when, at one point, she was shown a picture of Caylee and asked to identify it. Her reply, "That's our Caylee", and there was something about the way she said it that rang very odd to me (and sort of creepy....can't explain it, just a gut feeling). Regardless, this disregard for her 'place' as grandmother must have been a serious issue in her relationship with her daughter.

Anyway, back to topic. I think between 15 June and 15 July 2008, George was concerned (mostly because his wife was concerned, and was probably driving him crazy during that period), but was generally oblivious to the idea that anything dangerous was going on, or had happened. But once that car was picked up, he knew. He said, that knowing exactly what that smell was, he was relieved to not see his daughter or granddaughter in the truck when it was opened. But if they weren't in it, and Ms. Anthony herself was found without Caylee a bit later, he had to know as, if it wasn't Caylee's body that produced that odor, who on earth else's body could he have thought it was?!? Did he think his daughter could have the smell of human death in her car and have it NOT be Caylee (who was 'missing'?)? Further, he showed many other signs along the way after that, that he knew she had done something to Caylee, but his wife and his own desire to not believe it kept him from forcing the issue. Too bad, because if he had been stronger and more insistent with his wife and law enforcement, I feel sure Caylee would have been found much sooner and the verdict would have been different.

As for Mrs. Anthony, I'm more conflicted. She's so caught up in presenting an image of the 'perfect family', headed by her, of course, that for the longest time, I don't think she could allow herself to believe that she was capable of producing a child who could murder. I have a parent who is in serious denial about one of her children (not me! LOL) and even after watching it happen for my entire life, I'm still amazed sometimes the EXTENT to which my mother will go to deny that her son is, well...nevermind, but you get the point. But my own experience makes it a lot easier for me to understand Mrs. Anthony and the depth and extent of her denial. But I do think somewhere deep inside, she understood a long time ago....in that place where 'things are never spoken aloud'.....that her daughter murdered her own child. And to have it all presented in front of the entire world in court? Wow, that must have really killed her. And if there had been any doubt in her mind prior to trial, I think it slowly vanished as she heard all the testimony in court day after day. But will she ever admit it publicly? No....mainly because it makes HER look bad.

All my opinion.

BBM

IMO, this time was different for both Casey and Cindy.

Cindy had been lied to and bled dry by Casey for a long time, but when Casey stole from her grandfather, Cindy couldn't whitewash everything with her family like she had before. Stealing from grandpa's nursing home money was the last straw; it made Cindy look bad, made her look foolish to her family for ever defending her. "See? We told you she was no good". Cindy saw Casey's behaviors as a reflection on herself. The revelation of Casey stealing from grandpa was the last straw, and caused Cindy to come down harder on Casey than she had ever before. Cindy had been seeing a counselor who was encouraging her to make Casey accountable and/or kick her out, and this incident was the 'gas on the fire'. Casey must have sensed a sea-change in Cindy she had not anticipated nor planned for. Cindy was really going to take the bull by the horns this time, and Casey was simply not going to allow it. Casey's grandmother was right: Casey hated Cindy more than she ever loved Caylee.

I don't think Casey cared whether anyone thought she was an unfit mother. She certainly had ample opportunities and a support system in place to enable her to work on being a good parent but that was never a priority. But Casey DID care about her mother exercising authority over her and Caylee. Casey thinks she is above the law and any authority, especially her mother's authority.

I think Casey had set her sights on Tony, someone who was outside of her regular circle, and someone whom I believe she saw in a different light than the other guys she hung out with with regards to her future. I think she had big plans for Tony. I have wondered if the fight had not happened when it did whether Casey would've been more inclined to let Cindy and George take custody of Caylee so Casey could persue her Bella Vita with Tony for as long as she could. But the fight happened, and IMO, it was the Perfect Storm that set into motion Caylee's murder. JMO

Right. Caylee was dehumanized from conception until death and even after death. Denied in the womb probably until Braxton Hicks was mistaken for labor. Denied a Daddy and other set of family. Denied a cause of death. Denied a proper burial and funeral. Denied the truth. I don't believe the A.'s are in denial though. They know, but made their priorities known in a crystal clear way during the trial, and before the trial. I wonder if they have any concerns for future children or episodes of "bloating".

BBM

She was also denied justice.

I wish they had pursued the vengeance/spite theory as the motive. It is so much more powerful than the partying motive and I think it was the true motivation.

There were two key pieces of evidence that supported that theory. One was the family fight on the 15th, where CA reportedly attempted to strangle FCA and threatened to take custody of the baby and kick her out of the home. THAT was a powerful trigger for FCA's anger and rage, imo. But the state had nobody to testify about that story. The Anthony's had already denied that fight ever happened, and they were under oath, so they could not change their story without having their credibility being impeached. So the family fight could not be brought into evidence.

And the other evidence that supported the spite/vengeance theory were the Myspace posts that went back and forth between Ca and FCA. But those were also kept out of the trial. So the state did not have the evidence they needed to advance that theory admitted into the trial.

I really believe that the threat Cindy made, to keep Caylee and kick Casey to the curb , was the trigger that sent Casey over the edge. Casey had always felt a bit jealous of the way Caylee was taking her place as the lil princess of the family. But when it hit her that she could be completely replaced, sent away with nothing, while the family doted on Caylee instead, THAT was it. Casey had to put a stop to that possibility once and for all.

The bit I bolded above.......one has to ask WHY? WHY deny that an argument took place? Arguments happen in families all the time, so what's the big deal? I think the big deal is that Mrs. Anthony understood full well, the consequences of that argument, and to acknowledge the argument itself, meant that Mrs. Anthony would have to admit that her daughter....a child that she produced...was capable of murder. She couldn't even admit that to herself, so there was no way she was going to admit it to the rest of the world. JMO.

BBM

Cindy had been lied to and bled dry by Casey for a long time, but when Casey stole from her grandfather, Cindy couldn't whitewash everything with her family like she had before. Stealing from grandpa's nursing home money was the last straw; it made Cindy look bad, made her look foolish to her family for ever defending her. "See? We told you she was no good". Cindy saw Casey's behaviors as a reflection on herself. The revelation of Casey stealing from grandpa was the last straw, and caused Cindy to come down harder on Casey than she had ever before. Cindy had been seeing a counselor who was encouraging her to make Casey accountable and/or kick her out, and this incident was the 'gas on the fire'. Casey must have sensed a sea-change in Cindy she had not anticipated nor planned for. Cindy was really going to take the bull by the horns this time, and Casey was simply not going to allow it. Casey's grandmother was right: Casey hated Cindy more than she ever loved Caylee.

I don't think Casey cared whether anyone thought she was an unfit mother. She certainly had ample opportunities and a support system in place to enable her to work on being a good parent but that was never a priority. But Casey DID care about her mother exercising authority over her and Caylee. Casey thinks she is above the law and any authority, especially her mother's authority.

I think Casey had set her sights on Tony, someone who was outside of her regular circle, and someone whom I believe she saw in a different light than the other guys she hung out with with regards to her future. I think she had big plans for Tony. I have wondered if the fight had not happened when it did whether Casey would've been more inclined to let Cindy and George take custody of Caylee so Casey could persue her Bella Vita with Tony for as long as she could. But the fight happened, and IMO, it was the Perfect Storm that set into motion Caylee's murder. JMO

BBM

I completely agree. Mrs. Anthony's idea of how she wanted the world to perceive her and her 'perfect' family would have been blown out of the water if she had allowed her mother, Shirley, to go to the police about the theft, which IIRC, she threatened to do. Didn't Mrs. Anthony tell her mother '?Don't do that, I'll take care of it'? At any rate, Mrs. Anthony wasn't going to risk having her family exposed as flawed, so yes, she confronted her daughter that same night, not understanding at that time what the consequences would end up being. Her concern for image likely contributed to Caylee's death. JMO.

BBM

BBM

I agree with you about Tony and Ms. Anthony's 'plans' for that relationship. And I don't recall it being presented in testimony or anywhere else, but that relationship was fairly new (only what, 2 months?) and I seriously doubt that he would have been up for the idea of taking on someone else's child. But I doubt that Ms. Anthony would ever have given custody of Caylee to her parents.....not even in the short term. I think to do so, would have meant that the rest of the world would see that she wasn't such a 'good mother', and I think that she was concerned about image and perception, just like her mother, although perhaps not to the same extent. But even more to the point, I think she would have withheld custody of Caylee from her mother out of control. People that are controlled all their lives, seize with great relish any opportunity that comes along in which they can wrestle control away from the controller. Unfortunately, Caylee was the perfect pawn for Ms. Anthony to use in that game.

As always, JMO.

I completely agree. Mrs. Anthony's idea of how she wanted the world to perceive her and her 'perfect' family would have been blown out of the water if she had allowed her mother, Shirley, to go to the police about the theft, which IIRC, she threatened to do. Didn't Mrs. Anthony tell her mother '?Don't do that, I'll take care of it'? At any rate, Mrs. Anthony wasn't going to risk having her family exposed as flawed, so yes, she confronted her daughter that same night, not understanding at that time what the consequences would end up being. Her concern for image likely contributed to Caylee's death. JMO.
Yes, IIRC, she did tell her mother to hold off going to the police.

Couldn't agree with you more about Cindy's all-important image contributing to Caylee's demise.

I agree with you about Tony and Ms. Anthony's 'plans' for that relationship. And I don't recall it being presented in testimony or anywhere else, but that relationship was fairly new (only what, 2 months?) and I seriously doubt that he would have been up for the idea of taking on someone else's child. But I doubt that Ms. Anthony would ever have given custody of Caylee to her parents.....not even in the short term. I think to do so, would have meant that the rest of the world would see that she wasn't such a 'good mother', and I think that she was concerned about image and perception, just like her mother, although perhaps not to the same extent. But even more to the point, I think she would have withheld custody of Caylee from her mother out of control. People that are controlled all their lives, seize with great relish any opportunity that comes along in which they can wrestle control away from the controller. Unfortunately, Caylee was the perfect pawn for Ms. Anthony to use in that game.

As always, JMO.

I do understand where you're coming from.

I just got the sense that Tony was way more important to her (probably only temporarily) than even her desire/need to be 'in control' of Cindy.

I think that had Tony graduated from Full Sail and had something definitely going back in NY that Casey would've jumped at the chance to "help" him, just like she wormed her way into "helping" him at Fusion. She didn't seem very concerned about people asking her where Caylee was and easily claimed Caylee was with the "nanny" for 31 days, so it's not like she felt like she needed Caylee around her all the time to prove to people she was a "good mother", kwim?

I also think it would've been a LOT easier for her to relinquish custody of Caylee if she was several states away from Cindy. Casey wouldn't run the risk of being confronted daily about the fact her mother was raising her daughter if she was in NY, but it sure would've been in her face in Orlando.

But who knows?

I do understand where you're coming from.

I just got the sense that Tony was way more important to her (probably only temporarily) than even her desire/need to be 'in control' of Cindy.

I think that had Tony graduated from Full Sail and had something definitely going back in NY that Casey would've jumped at the chance to "help" him, just like she wormed her way into "helping" him at Fusion. She didn't seem very concerned about people asking her where Caylee was and easily claimed Caylee was with the "nanny" for 31 days, so it's not like she felt like she needed Caylee around her all the time to prove to people she was a "good mother", kwim?

I also think it would've been a LOT easier for her to relinquish custody of Caylee if she was several states away from Cindy. Casey wouldn't run the risk of being confronted daily about the fact her mother was raising her daughter if she was in NY, but it sure would've been in her face in Orlando.

But who knows?

Yes, I get what you mean. But I think she cared enough about what people thought that she felt it necessary to show that her child, when not in her care, was being taken care of by the child's own grandparents or 'the nanny'. I think this is significant because 1) she was showing that she wasn't neglecting her daughter, rather was leaving her in someone else's good care, and 2) that 'someone' , when not the grandparents, was not your everyday, run-of-the-mill babysitter, but instead was a "nanny". I mean what 22 year old mother has a "nanny"?!? It seems to me that it was a status thing.......an image thing.

As for Tony, I think Ms. Anthony might also have been concerned about how Tony would have viewed her if she had reliquished custody of Caylee. Again, image. JMO.

Truth be told, it's probably some combination of both of our views! ;)

I heard an interview of Jesse Grund on one of the t.v. shows............can't remember which one. He told of an incident where he and Casey were watching something on t.v. and Cindy was in the room too. Jesse said that all of a sudden Cindy jumped up and started verbally attacking Casey. I can't remember what all of her accusations were, but I know one he mentioned was the stealing of money. It was Jesse's belief that Cindy was pretty cruel to Casey. Casey could have been feeding him a line, but he did see it for himself at times apparently. I think the Anthony's all are very strange, but I did like Jesse Grund whenever I would see an interview with him. His belief that the reason he and Casey broke up was that she believed he cared more about Caylee than Casey and she couldn't stand that. I tend to believe that Jesse was too "nice" and mature for Casey. After awhile she got tired of him and wanted more action. But she used the jealousy of Caylee to account for the reason she called off the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member