Will the undercover drug busts bring Haleigh home?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just hope it doesn't take 1-3 years for any of them to clear the head of drugs and start talking as some of the panel on NG were discussing.

I tend to think that if Misty had spaced out and honestly didn't remember anything about that night because she was so drugged up she'd have broken down in tears during some point of the investigation and said so.

Paraphase: "I'm just 17 years old; what do you expect?"

I take this to mean her parents.

IF Misty and Ron had anything to do with Haleigh gone missing I do believe they are covering up for each other. That being said, IF that is true, it's my belief she can be found eventually. Neither one of them nor any member in the family are hard core killers IMO, if in fact Haleigh is not with us anymore. IF it was an accident, the supposed burial IMO would be a place that was familiar to them. A place that both of them shared in a good time with Haleigh and Jr. I believe if Misty and Ron are both involved in Haleigh's demise that one would have to be offered immunity to talk.

Hi imikant! I have a little different take on Misty giving up Tommy on the stealing soap incident. I agree that she'd probably love to get her bond reduced and get out and she'd likely give up alot of things (less minor infractions...) in order to have that happen but the one thing that she won't readily or easily give up is the one thing that, by-far, is worse than any of the charges any of them are currently facing and that's "What actually happened to HaLeigh." Not only do I believe that she knows, I believe that she was actively involved, either during or after the fact - JMO.

From the onset of their arrests, I've felt that LE will only wheel & deal with the one(s) in the group who they believe is less culpible. And yes, I do believe that LE knows who the actual one is that was ultimately responsible for HaLeigh's death. I believe that they would be willing to cut deals with those who may have assisted in disposing of HaLeigh's body, cleaning up after... but not the actual killer. I predict that we'll hear alot more flip stories about stealing soap, brillo-pads, beer from the Kangaroo... not, IMO, because Misty is grasping at straws because she doesn't know anything or remember anything about that night/early morning, but in order to keep feeding LE anything & everything so long as it's all lesser offenses that are probably unprosecutable > based on hearsay or without any collaborating evidence, all after the fact and all minor offenses in comparison with the "big picture." (HaLeigh). It's like giving somebody a teaspoon at a time of gravy without giving-up the potatoes. In my opinion, the more/longer Misty keeps giving LE "gravy", the more I'm convinced that she's got the potatoes! Just the fact alone that LE is spending "quality time" with Misty and she's giving up anything tells me that a) LE believes that she knows what happened to HaLeigh and b) LE would be likely to offer her a deal.

If LE can get it through her head that it would be alot smarter for her to believe what they're telling her rather than what Ronald's told her. I think Ronald's effectively convinced Misty that "No matter what LE tells you, don't believe them!", "They'll promise you anything just to get it out of you." IMO, LE has to find a way to get through & convince Misty otherwise - Not an easy task, especially when you're dealing with a young girl who has been under the influence of (not only drugs) an older, addicted, abusive, violent, dysfunctional... man like Ronald. Not to mention Ronald's possie, who I have no doubt rallies round to help, whenever needed, enforce the rules... JMHO's though.

nomoresorrow, to me, you make perfect sense about Misty and how she views this whole arrest and Ron's hold over her. Love your comparison between gravy and potatos. Very clever. Mainly, you give a new prespective to how this might unfold.

I also really appreciated your post Azwriter, as always, putting everything in perspective so beautifully as you did. And Aqua, a true 'mouse f*rt' that was, I agree ;}

It is too bad there is no basis to call in the Behavior Analysis Unit from the FBI to give this case a thorough look-see. Yes, we know the family members {including live-in GF Ah-hmmm} are likely at the center of Haleigh's disappearance. But wouldn't you think they would be able to analyze the total situation and zone in on the most likely scenario that happened that early morning?

PS: There is so much more involved in profiling the perp in a case. They also profile the victim and spread out a linkable net of possible occurrences, leading to the most likely scenario of what happened to the victim.

PSS: In other words, do you guys think the local LE needs some highly studied minds at work in Haleigh's case?

Oh scandi, that's an excellent suggestion. A highly experienced profiler could make all the difference in the outcome. Thanks for adding this to the thread.

Do I think this latest arrest will bring Haleigh home ? Well the way Misty seems to be flappin her jaws in regard to her brother Tommy and his night time needing some dishsoap and booze trips just recently, I would think that if she knows anything she will give it up in due time.

I mean seriously this thing about her brother is pretty petty and I almost took it like a tattle tale that a young kid would do tattling to mom or something.
She is trying to get what she can by cooperating in a plea deal but it is going to have to be much bigger then this to help her out.
I believe we will see some more movement by the end of Feb. if not sooner and can only hope it brings us to the outcome of Where Is Haleigh.
jmo

Oh scandi, that's an excellent suggestion. A highly experienced profiler could make all the difference in the outcome. Thanks for adding this to the thread.
I should know this but are the FBI involved in this case? IIRC state lines have to be crossed in the investigation for FBI to get involved. Is it possible that state lines were crossed if DB was getting the drugs from out of state if she was indeed the supplier? BUT if that were true the drug charges are completely separate from Haleigh's case correct? So in order for a profiler to be involved it would have to be one that is retired from FBI and is a professional now?

Sorry for the myriad of questions, just thinking and typing out loud.

I think that the thing that might be keeping people quiet who would otherwise have talkede long ago is FL's reputation for happily administering the death penalty. They used to have Old Sparky on the prison web page, but I know they use the needle now. If Haleigh died because of drugs, that would mean felony murder which would likely take them to death row. I would keep my mouth shut, too, especially since it has worked this long.

So, 25 years or so for drugs is still better than death row. I think rather than wait for a confession, they will have to trip them up somehow. Or give one of them immunity.

The fact that Putnam County was able to set them up for these arrests has renewed my confidence in them. I think they really do want to solve this case and they really doing everything they can to do so.

I doubt that the drug bust will help find Haleigh unless someone higher up or someone they crossed is named. And, that's only if someone like that is responsible for taking Haleigh. Misty could come clean if she did leave Haleigh alone at the trailer, had druggies over, or took her and left her in a vehicle while she did business. I personally think other things involving prostitution could have been going on which might have brought all sorts of perverts around. Misty will never talk if she accidentally killed Haleigh.

I agree, except the prostitution part, and Misty accidentally killing Haleigh. The rest about someone higher up sounds darned good to me. In my opinion, RC was a low-level druggie/dealer who was used as an informant and has been given some priviledges, such as staying out of jail. I further THINK Haleigh was killed accidentally/overdosed on dad's supply/or taken by someone RC screwed. The fact that they all ended up in jail is just to cover RC's azz. I THINK he ratted the whole thing and/or organized it as a ploy to make others seems guilty. As far as I'm concerned, my opinion only, RC knows EXACTLY what happened to Haleigh and it's because of something he did. I hope I'm wrong and LE in Putnam County is trying to get to the TRUTH, but so far I've seen no signs of it.

All this is, of course, only my own opinion.

Hi Imikant, I just can not believe Misty has no memory about what happened to Haleigh that night. That would involve a complete black out on her part which would mean at her young age she had reached that abysmal threashold it takes drug addicts or alcoholics to reach after years of using.

It might be fuzzy in her mind if she was coming down off her druggin'. But she would remember who she was with, faces she saw, screams she heard, etc.

Well, to tell you the truth Imikant., it is her attitude following Haleigh's disappearance that really gets me. Cocky, with fake supplicant, which then turned into a melodrama with Ron to use the press and ~ I just don't buy it.

So far from the normal response of a person of genuine concern, especially being the last to have seen Haleigh. There are too many examples to cite re: 'the normal reaction an innocent person would have' in a similar situation to give Misty even one Kudo IMO.

xox

Very good point...

also, if Misty really were so drugged up to black out, wouldn't the 911 be included in that black out? & she has never mentioned not remembering making that call. that theory just gives her an excuse to not talk.

I agree, except the prostitution part, and Misty accidentally killing Haleigh. The rest about someone higher up sounds darned good to me. In my opinion, RC was a low-level druggie/dealer who was used as an informant and has been given some priviledges, such as staying out of jail. I further THINK Haleigh was killed accidentally/overdosed on dad's supply/or taken by someone RC screwed. The fact that they all ended up in jail is just to cover RC's azz. I THINK he ratted the whole thing and/or organized it as a ploy to make others seems guilty. As far as I'm concerned, my opinion only, RC knows EXACTLY what happened to Haleigh and it's because of something he did. I hope I'm wrong and LE in Putnam County is trying to get to the TRUTH, but so far I've seen no signs of it.

All this is, of course, only my own opinion.

I seem to be going back to this theory myself, RC had had trouble in his past, and then had custody of his kids. He in no way wanted LE to know he was into drugs.
Everyone protects RON yet we hear no word about him....hummmmm what is he up to these days?
Is he in solitary? no visits & no letters being sent out by him about what happened?
The Croslins are trying to get the heck up out of there though?

I should know this but are the FBI involved in this case? IIRC state lines have to be crossed in the investigation for FBI to get involved. Is it possible that state lines were crossed if DB was getting the drugs from out of state if she was indeed the supplier? BUT if that were true the drug charges are completely separate from Haleigh's case correct? So in order for a profiler to be involved it would have to be one that is retired from FBI and is a professional now?

Sorry for the myriad of questions, just thinking and typing out loud.

Yes, AFIK, FBI is involved, and no, state lines do not have to be crossed before they can be involved. If they are asked to come in on any investigation, they can and do. I believe there is a task force made up of PCSO detectives, FBI, and FDLE... Florida state police.
And all profilers are not retired agents or cops. They train to be profilers through the FBI, but large cities sometimes hire one as well. Some of them are fairly young, I've seen them on Prime News, HLN, and on Nancy Grace.
Hope that helps.

Added note.... how do we know they have not called in a profiler? They very well could be working on profiling everyone suspected at this point, we just wouldn't hear about it.

I believe that the drug busts might play a part in getting Haleigh home. But and there is a very big but in here.

But not until after Misty and Ron are convicted and have actually done a year or so in the state prison system. Neither of them have actually been to prison. So far the only time done by anyone is in the County jail.

There is a hugh difference in doing time in a county jail and years in a state prison, especially for Misty. The women at the state prison will treat her as a "star" and you can bet she will get "special treatment". But it won't be like she is used to in the county lockup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back