• Not enough information to make an arrest at this time

Votes: 61 26.6%
  • Maybe next week there will be an arrest

Votes: 19 8.3%
  • I'm unclear on exactly what LE have and would rather not comment

Votes: 32 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This sounds like an arrest will be made very soon, as the only way they will answer "a lot more questions" is after an arrest.

"Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton Sunday said he had "no comment" directly about the facts in the article, and he was "not sure how the information was obtained". However, Staton did imply that events could move quickly during the next few days. When asked for a timetable of upcoming developments, he told KOIN Local 6, "I should be able to answer a lot more questions this coming week. I've got a lot of decisions this coming week.""
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-Stepmom/l4i6IFRqZ0C60O2oBmelsA.cspx?rss=1100

the highlighted statement tells me she will probably be facing some kind of charge this week. Just my layman's opinion.

I should clarify that I believe she will be seeing charges in relation to this "hired hitman" thing, not necessarily the disappearance of Kyron. We seem to have a lot of speculative evidence against TH, so maybe the hitman thing is the only mistake she made. Sorry to be saying that, it feels heartless.

Yes you can absolutely be charged with 'conspiracy to commit murder' by attempting to hire a hitman. What it takes to make such charges stick I don't know, but there have been many, many people prosecuted for such plans.

In a few cases, LE has worked out a plot to make the murdering spouse believe a 'hit' had taken place by the hired hitman (actually an undercover cop) to get it all on tape and documented and then produced the very much alive spouse once the murdering spouse was incarcerated.

Thus, in the case of TH, they may not be able to charge her with anything to do with Kyron (yet) but if they can arrest her on the murder conspiracy charge then they'll likely do it.

I think we'll see lots of action this week.

I keep wondering about all this information that we are receiving and honestly, I don't know what to think. I certainly can't arrive at any kind of conclusion with all the bazaar things that have surfaced.
Praying for Kyron and terribly sad he isn't enjoying this wonderful holiday with his family.

We've all seen the conniving wife that contracted the hit on her DD, but he wasn't dead. She was home on bail with her mommy wearing an ankly bracelet pretty quickly. I think LE will wait for some other solid charges unless they think Kyron is still alive and needs to be found asap.

I am most intrique with Sheriff Staton's remark "I've got a lot of decisions this coming week." Wishful thinking perhaps, but my mind is telling me he meant deciding about charges.

But wouldn't it be up to the prosecutor to bring charges and not Sheriff Staton?

Maybe he is going to turnover what he has to the Prosecutor for him to decide if there is enough evidence to take it to a Grand Jury.

IMO

I think they are going to have to arrest her soon....at this stage anything could happen if she goes right off the deep end, which I think is possible.

They need probable cause, real evidence, to arrest her. They can't arrest someone because of what they might do.

I guess the LE is not afraid of Terri taking off to Mexico or someplace else.

Article update to include:

...on Friday, July 2, Sheriff Staton emphasized that Terri Horman "Has been cooperative throughout this entire process." He also points out that, since she is not a "person of interest", there is not sufficient evidence to bring to a grand jury or a prosecutor.

However, a potential attempt to hire a hit man to kill her husband could be a different criminal case, which could be prosecuted separatedly. Whether it actually will be could be determined, as Staton said, during "the coming week".

Terri Horman has referred all comment to her attorney, Stephen Houze.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-Stepmom/l4i6IFRqZ0C60O2oBmelsA.cspx?rss=1100

No, I don't think TH will be arrested soon.Or maybe not ever the way things are going. In fact I look for things to get even more interesting when her new lawyer and his investigators start digging.....

All JMO

If she's not arrested, her lawyer has no info. He has no access to the info LE has on her.

Thus, in the case of TH, they may not be able to charge her with anything to do with Kyron (yet) but if they can arrest her on the murder conspiracy charge then they'll likely do it.

If they arrest her, I bet they do it on a Friday night. That way, she won't go to court until Monday -- at which time her lawyer will step up to the plate.

Meanwhile, 3 nights in jail won't be pleasant. She'll probably lose weight, the food is so bad. And be alone in a cell for her own protection.

i wont believe LE Is gonna arrest terry or anyone till i see a Arrest warrent.

at this rate it will be about christmas

If they arrest her, I bet they do it on a Friday night. That way, she won't go to court until Monday -- at which time her lawyer will step up to the plate.

Meanwhile, 3 nights in jail won't be pleasant. She'll probably lose weight, the food is so bad. And be alone in a cell for her own protection.

In Canada, we have bail hearings on weekends, the US does not?

In Canada, we have bail hearings on weekends, the US does not?

Not in any states I've ever heard of. This is a state crime, so it depends on the way things are done in Oregon. In the states I'm familiar with, all the people arrested over a weekend show up in court on Monday morning.

D Y husband is a police detective.

(Kyron wants to be a police officer)

If Desiree lives 4+ hours from Portland...
How did they work out visitations?

If she's not arrested, her lawyer has no info. He has no access to the info LE has on her.

Yes. but Houze has his own team of PI's, and they are,I'm sure highly skilled... He will be looking for any exculpatory evidence, and anything he can use to raise reasonable doubt, in case this ever goes to trial...

All JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back