Witness accounts

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...rman-hoa-newsletters-20120518,0,2949112.story

"The documents also show that a Sanford police investigator, Trekell Perkins, received a phone call from an anonymous woman two days after the shooting who said that Zimmerman had "racist ideologies," and was "fully capable" of instigating a deadly confrontation."

Few knew much about this case on February 28th, 2012. It had to be someone privy to the fact that GZ shot TM and had already been sent home to freely go about his careless life. IMO, of course.

It's listed as the very next thing that happened after Tracy Martin was at the police station concerned that George hadn't been arrested yet. So maybe it was someone much closer to the event -- like a disgruntled friend or family member of the Martins.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...rman-hoa-newsletters-20120518,0,2949112.story

"The documents also show that a Sanford police investigator, Trekell Perkins, received a phone call from an anonymous woman two days after the shooting who said that Zimmerman had "racist ideologies," and was "fully capable" of instigating a deadly confrontation."

Few knew much about this case on February 28th, 2012. It had to be someone privy to the fact that GZ shot TM and had already been sent home to freely go about his careless life. IMO, of course.
It was breaking news in the area the night it happened, and the following day the viewers of the news shows knew the killer had not been arrested. On the 29th, SPD sent a flyer to the community telling them about the incident, noting George Zimmerman was acting as Neighborhood Watch, and informing residents it was still under investigation.

It's listed as the very next thing that happened after Tracy Martin was at the police station concerned that George hadn't been arrested yet. So maybe it was someone much closer to the event -- like a disgruntled friend or family member of the Martins.

Not sure what the point would be??? Obviously the caller wanted LE to look into GZ's background because they knew this information could easily be verified but LE would have to look, people were just not going to volunteer information. jmo

What would the reaction here be if there was an ANONYMOUS caller who reported that the jewelry in Trayvon's bckpack was stolen, and this caller said she knew he was a burglar, and was constantly casing condo's wherever he went? Would anyone put faith in that call, as it was anonymous?

Perhaps, if people were to read the full article, they would see:

"A couple of weeks after the fatal shooting, documents show, a Sanford police officer, Joseph Santiago, contacted several of Zimmerman's neighbors.

"All stated he was a quiet neighbor," Santiago wrote in an offense report dated March 6. "All stated he would encourage them to attend community meetings [and] all stated [he] never harassed or bothered anybody."

The documents also show that a Sanford police investigator, Trekell Perkins, received a phone call from an anonymous woman two days after the shooting who said that Zimmerman had "racist ideologies," and was "fully capable" of instigating a deadly confrontation.

Police noted that no other information was obtained to corroborate the claim. Zimmerman's friends and family have maintained that he is not prejudiced."

I know, I know. It must be hard for the Zimmerman's. I was just commenting on the two different versions regarding Tracy's ex-wife. One article referred to her as his ex and another said they just separated. I know some couples agree to live apart but do not legal separate for awhile. To me separate means legal separation and that if they weren't divorce they agreed to finally seek one because it is clear they have not been together for a long time. jmo

FYI, there is no such thing as a legal separation in Florida. You go immediately from married to divorced (in the eyes of the law. My divorce, for example, took 2 1/2 years of arguing over minutiae to get settled). It is very normal to date while separated (hell, my husband did that while married, sorry for the OT), and I am sure that accounts for the confusion over Tracy's ex. Nothing nefarious, as far as I know. MOO.

And WTH does it matter whether his parents were ever married? Sheesh.

And for those for whom this does matter (myself EXCLUDED), Trayvon's parents divorced in 1999 but have remained close to raise their son. They put their son ahead of their differences, I give them credit for that. MOO.

FYI, there is no such thing as a legal separation in Florida. You go immediately from married to divorced (in the eyes of the law. My divorce, for example, took 2 1/2 years of arguing over minutiae to get settled). It is very normal to date while separated (hell, my husband did that while married, sorry for the OT), and I am sure that accounts for the confusion over Tracy's ex. Nothing nefarious, as far as I know. MOO.

That's what I was thinking, too. So when she said separated she could have meant they started divorce proceedings. Obviously they haven't been together as a couple for awhile. And I agree, nothing nefarious. Happens all the time. She had nothing bad to say about Mr. Martin which says a lot about her as a person. Sometimes people just can't live together. Does not mean either one was wrong. You just decide to go your separate ways. It is very normal today, I agree. jmo

What would the reaction here be if there was an ANONYMOUS caller who reported that the jewelry in Trayvon's bckpack was stolen, and this caller said she knew he was a burglar, and was constantly casing condo's wherever he went? Would anyone put faith in that call, as it was anonymous?

I would think LE would be very interested in talking to that person, yes, I believe LE would want to know who called that in. jmo

And for those for whom this does matter (myself EXCLUDED), Trayvon's parents divorced in 1999 but have remained close to raise their son. They put their son ahead of their differences, I give them credit for that. MOO.

My only interest in it was in terms of the bs Crump and media spin. If it's no big deal, why not report the truth? jmo

Not sure what the point would be??? Obviously the caller wanted LE to look into GZ's background because they knew this information could easily be verified but LE would have to look, people were just not going to volunteer information. jmo

I think you're stretching. We know nothing about this person. We do not know what they do or do not know and they gave no indication of what they do know other than one very vague sentence. I think Karmandy's post actually pre-refutes your post, if that's even possible.

Thank you [clap]

There is a witness who has asked that his identity not be revealed. He saw TM on top of GZ beating him.

I think if you go over to the witness thread you will find out that is not true. He changed his whole story.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Witness accounts

The witness remains consistent by saying Martin was on top, in control, and had the advantage.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Wit...6/-/index.html

I think if you read that again he is referring to Zimmerman holding Martin.

Respectfully, this is the exact wording of the article. The witness did not state that Zimmerman was holding Martin.

According to the article, this is what the witness stated.
In re-telling his story, he remained consistent by saying Martin was on top, in control, and had the advantage, but now, he wasn't sure if Martin was the aggressor.

"I can't truly see how close they were to each other; if he was hitting him, or if he was trying to hold him down in that position until cops got there."

But in follow-up interviews with the state attorney's office and Florida Department of Law Enforcement, his statement changed. In re-telling his story, he remained consistent by saying Martin was on top, in control, and had the advantage, but now, he wasn't sure if Martin was the aggressor.
W6: Did not hear a punch sound.
SAO: Did ever hear a sound like a head or another part of a body hitting concrete hard where it made a noise?
W6: No, I did not.
SAO: Did you hear it at all, like any...?
W6: Just the struggle sound.

Witness 6 went on to say, "I can't truly see how close they were to each other; if he was hitting him, or if he was trying to hold him down in that position until cops got there."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Wit...6/-/index.html

At this link on the right the audio evidence is listed.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...an-trayvon-martin-case-released-to-the-public

The last one on the bottom is her call, W-9. She sounds pretty upset, hardly sounds like some Martin/Crump plant or just some stranger. There are parts that seem to have been redacted, she may have given them personal information. Thankfully personal information about these people are being kept out of the public domain.

Respectfully, this is the exact wording of the article. The witness did not state that Zimmerman was holding Martin.

According to the article, this is what the witness stated.

When you read that sentence you have to ignore all the other statements he gave. He has changed his story completely.

In the very first part of that sentence he says "I can't truly see how close they were to each other;

He is admitting he made up the ground and pound and the raining the blows down. There is no reason to trust anything he says anymore.

To have that kind of knowledge you probably would have lived with him at one time. That is just my opinion. Not saying she did but it would not surprise me. I also find it hard to believe LE would not be able to find where the call came from. jmo

Maybe somebody there didn't want to find out...might put an obstacle into what they had already determined....IMO

I think the 13yr old saw one person laying on the ground yelling for help alone.

Yep, and he thought it might be someone who slipped in the grass and broke their leg....instead IMO GZ's head hit something, causing the scratches on his head...the boy did not see Trayvon but later did hear the gunshot...

Yep, and he thought it might be someone who slipped in the grass and broke their leg....instead IMO GZ's head hit something, causing the scratches on his head...the boy did not see Trayvon but later did hear the gunshot...

Well his mother was very clear he actually doesn't have any idea who that person was or what that person was wearing.

Let's say GZ fell on the ground, hitting his head. How did he manage to shoot Trayvon from a very close distance? Was Trayvon hanging around waiting for GZ to get up?

But yet is of no value because she didn't see anything of that night. Who is she, how much does she know of GZ, how long has she known GZ, etc, etc.

I bet the feds can find out all of that for their hate crime investigation...then will share it with Ms. Corey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenAmaterasu