Witness accounts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking we have two witness accounts running together here. The girlfriend was the last to speak with him, not the 13 year old boy. The girlfriend's mother didn't lawyer up as far as I know, the 13 year old boy's mother did. The girlfriend didn't go on tv (her recorded statements were given - I don't believe she was actually interviewed so I discount that), the 13 year old boy did, twice with differing stories in each.

Edit: My statement to you was about the girlfriend and not giving a statement. I simply stated that her parents should have encouraged her to give a statement starting the next day - when they found out Mr. Martin was deceased.

I believe she did:

"Trayvon's girlfriend has been told that the Florida State Attorney's Office has prepared a subpoena for her to appear in front of the grand jury. She has hired a lawyer to advise her and make sure that her rights are protected. Her attorney has told prosecutors that she is ready to appear and is looking forward to telling the grand jury what really happened on February 26," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

NOT MSM; will replace when I locate MSM:

Prosecutors Subpoena Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend To Appear In Front Of Grand Jury

Since Robert Zimmerman Sr is now listed as a witness in this case his statements will be questioned.

In this recent article, he states:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/14/v-fullstory/2799569/zimmermans-father-our-lives-will.html

In earier statements he admits being present at the police department the night GZ was detained.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/04/trayvon-martin-lawyer-rai_n_1403282.html

Wouldn't Zimmerman Sr already be familiar with his son's alleged injuries? Why would he ask about them the next morning?

Benjamin Crump (not Robert Crump), also said Wolfinger was present that night and he was lying. Robert Zimmerman, at least not in the article cited here, NEVER "admitted" to be present that night. He said he was present the next morning. Not that it makes any difference one way or the other. GZ was arrested because Tracy Martin called an attorney family member for help. It's not unusual to call on friends and neighbors who have relative expertise when in need. If I have a lawyer son and a mechanic husband, I'm calling my son if I end up at the police station.

I believe she did:

"Trayvon's girlfriend has been told that the Florida State Attorney's Office has prepared a subpoena for her to appear in front of the grand jury. She has hired a lawyer to advise her and make sure that her rights are protected. Her attorney has told prosecutors that she is ready to appear and is looking forward to telling the grand jury what really happened on February 26," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

Prosecutors Subpoena Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend To Appear In Front Of Grand Jury

Given that it would've been after the case was handed to the state, she wouldn't have "lawyered up" until 3 weeks after the fact. Much unlike the young boy's mother.

I believe TM was a John Doe due to SPD not caring enough to find out WHO is he and WHO his parents are...their investigation shows they didn't care enough to find out who he last spoke to, even as they had his cellphone..I believe they dropped the ball big time...
It does? I've not seen this part of the investigation, link?

I'm thinking we have two witness accounts running together here. The girlfriend was the last to speak with him, not the 13 year old boy. The girlfriend's mother didn't lawyer up as far as I know, the 13 year old boy's mother did. The girlfriend didn't go on tv (her recorded statements were given - I don't believe she was actually interviewed so I discount that), the 13 year old boy did, twice with differing stories in each.

Edit: My statement to you was about the girlfriend and not giving a statement. I simply stated that her parents should have encouraged her to give a statement starting the next day - when they found out Mr. Martin was deceased.

I am a mother of a girl (although mine is now twice Trayvon's age) and if it Trayvon's friend were my daughter, I wouldn't let the Sanford Police Department near her. I would get her a lawyer and wait to let her speak to the Feds or a special prosecutor with the attorney present. I wouldn't want her intimidated or threatened in any way; I would want her to be able to tell what she heard without being fearful.

Yes, the GF friend was the last to speak with Trayvon, I believe the GF did go on TV, I believe with her paretns, ??? If I were the GF's mother I would have gotten a lawyer. I wrote we really don't know everything the GF has said, after finding out Trayvon had been murdered. You're correct, I did stick in my post another witness, the 13 year old boy. I wrote , if I were the 13 year old's mother, I would not have let his face be shown all over the TV, in fact I would not have let him speak at all. To your edit, again we don't know what the GF's parents let her do.

After talking with my daughter I am wrong about the GF being on TV, it was only the GF's parents.

I wonder if the neighbor of GZ's at Twin Lakes Retreat will be called upon as a witness as to GZ's aggressive tactics in his 'role' as CW volunteer? Will that be used as more 'evidence' against GZ? Besides his propensity for violence, he is also aggressive...I also read the ex fiance's statement and it appears, GZ has no boundries and is very controlling, at least to her, it appears that way to me..so I wonder if GZ's behavior will also be front and center...:maddening:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1340358.html

What "aggressive tactics" would that neighbor have personal knowledge of? Has he spoken publicly about GZ behavior as a NWC?

Is the above an approved blog? I don't recall, TIA.

Yes, The Huffington Post is an approved blog site.

Important to keep in mind blog sites are opinion/editorials and not to be used to support factual claims.

(said at random...haven't even clicked the posted link to the article referenced above)

I wonder if the neighbor of GZ's at Twin Lakes Retreat will be called upon as a witness as to GZ's aggressive tactics in his 'role' as CW volunteer? Will that be used as more 'evidence' against GZ? Besides his propensity for violence, he is also aggressive...I also read the ex fiance's statement and it appears, GZ has no boundries and is very controlling, at least to her, it appears that way to me..so I wonder if GZ's behavior will also be front and center...:maddening:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1340358.html

I was about to post the same thing; these neighbors may be part of the 22 witnesses.

Benjamin Crump (not Robert Crump), also said Wolfinger was present that night and he was lying. Robert Zimmerman, at least not in the article cited here, NEVER "admitted" to be present that night. He said he was present the next morning. Not that it makes any difference one way or the other. GZ was arrested because Tracy Martin called an attorney family member for help. It's not unusual to call on friends and neighbors who have relative expertise when in need. If I have a lawyer son and a mechanic husband, I'm calling my son if I end up at the police station.

I don't believe Benjamin Crump was lying. According to the sources previously provided, he said he hadn't seen the affidavit by Serino. He never admited to lying about anything. It's open to interpretation by the reader, IMO.

By the same token, Zimmerman Sr. didn't deny being at the police station on the night his son was detained when directly asked about it in the link provided above.

If benefit of doubt is to be given to one, it should also extend to the other.

Entirely my opinion, of course.

I don't believe Benjamin Crump was lying. According to the sources previously provided, he said he hadn't seen the affidavit by Serino. He never admited to lying about anything. It's open to interpretation by the reader, IMO.

By the same token, Zimmerman Sr. didn't deny being at the police station on the night his son was detained when directly asked about it in the link provided above.

I don't think he was lying either. My guess is he just got part of the story wrong. Wolfinger's statement was very lawyerish.

I believe she did:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...lphone-girlfriend-subpoena-grand-jury-florida
"...Florida State Attorney's Office announced that a grand jury would ultimately decide if he should face criminal charges. The FBI and the United States Justice Department has also launched separate investigations.

Corey never said this, Wolfinger did. Link Either this writer has his stories mixed up, or SPD had spoken with the g/f since Wolfinger was "preparing a grand jury subpoena" to issue her. Wolfinger announced his decision to convene a grand jury on 3/20/2012 - the same day Crump went on ABC to announce his smoking gun phone call.

Interestingly, Crump's comment to Wolfinger's announcement, "The lawyers for Martin's family, however, said that the move is a way for the Sanford's local police and prosecutors to pass the buck."

A grand jury is a grand jury, whether Wolfinger convened them or Corey, so what difference did it make?
JMO

Makes me even more sure that GZ was calling his father while having the neighbor call his wife. Me- I would rather be jailed than call my dad at that age.

I (imo) think RZ sr. has taken care of a lot of issues through the years. JMO MOO Just my 2 cents.

I am a mother of a girl (although mine is now twice Trayvon's age) and if it Trayvon's friend were my daughter, I wouldn't let the Sanford Police Department near her. I would get her a lawyer and wait to let her speak to the Feds or a special prosecutor with the attorney present. I wouldn't want her intimidated or threatened in any way; I would want her to be able to tell what she heard without being fearful.

But the Feds and/or Special prosecutor were not involved at the beginning. Are you saying that had they never became involved that she should have never tried to reach out to anyone? She did not know at the time that a Special procecutor would become involved.

I stand by my statement that nothing said on the call to the girlfriend caused any great alarm to her.

But the Feds and/or Special prosecutor were not involved at the beginning. Are you saying that had they never became involved that she should have never tried to reach out to anyone? She did not know at the time that a Special procecutor would become involved.

I stand by my statement that nothing said on the call to the girlfriend caused any great alarm to her.

What difference would it have made? You think that GZ is innocent and so does the Sanford PD and so does Wolfinger's office. Trayvon is dead, the girl's alive.

What difference would it have made? You think that GZ is innocent and so does the Sanford PD and so does Wolfinger's office. Trayvon is dead, the girl's alive.

I don't know if GZ is innocent. I just know I have not seen evidence to prove his guilt. It may exist, I dont know yet. Waiting for a doc dump!

I just dont understand your post. You had said:

"I wouldn't let the Sanford Police Department near her. I would get her a lawyer and wait to let her speak to the Feds or a special prosecutor with the attorney present."

My point was that the Feds and Special Prosecutor were not involved when she realized she may have heard something in the call. What was she waiting for? If she had evidence that could change the whole course of the investigation, why wouldn't she have contacted someone, anyone??? Unless she was clairvoyant she did not know that the SP would be taking over for the DA.

I totally agree. As far as her parents not trusting the Sanford PD, I thought she lived in Miami, went to school with Trayvon. After hearing of his murder, the same night she talked to him, she tells nobody about the alleged statements by Trayvon of (paraphrasing)"Somebody is watching me, I am not going to run away from him"?...she could not reach out to Tracy, Jhavaris, Sybrina, nobody? Her parents, seeing that she was hospitalized out of grief did not know about her conversation with TM? She was his "girlfriend" who spend hundreds of minutes on the phone with him.

I am not so much concerned about what she did or not do that evening and the next two weeks, but her statements were the basis for Crump thinking that Trayvon was "hunted down". This, I have a problem with. It speaks largely to the magnitude of her (lack of) character. Crump was able to spin her story into the narrative that turned this into the circus it is.

Yes Lynn. I do believe him to be innocent. At least until he is convicted of a crime related to this incident.

Looks like the leaking of evidence has started.

Matt Gutman ‏ @mattgutmanABC

@ABC exclusive: medical report from morning after Zimmerman shot #Trayvonmartin. Show he had broken nose, swollen face blck eyes. 2 cuts

https://twitter.com/#!/mattgutmanABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member