WM3 are guilty- Evidence.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the welcome. There are just too many little things that add up to multiple perpetrators. Little things that most people may not talk about. Such as the bicycles and where they were recovered. It appeared to me as though multiple people were throwing them off because they were on different sides of the pipe. Of course none of this is concrete evidence and I won't argue that they should or shouldn't have been convicted. Believing someone is guilty and proving it are two different things. I feel they are guilty but I'm on the fence about whether they should have been convicted.

I'm a long time lurker short time pro'er, short time fence sitter and even shorter time non

I haven't done a 180 I've done a 350

In the beginning I had 10% of my brain operating now I have full faculty.

They are guilty

But my brain is not smart enough to answer why they were offered an Alford plea

I guess though, given the age of the perps at the time of the crime they probably would have been out in much, much less time than 18 years anyway or however long they were rightly locked away

Yay justice system

I believe they are guilty too.. I just wonder why you get Hollywood involved and then someone gets out of jail. Sad really. But yea they probably would have been out soon anyway.

I am from there , my father is an attorney (criminal) I will never believe they were guilty.

I spent the first 30 years of my life believing there was a conspiracy in the JFK assassination. I went as far as traveling to Dallas and touring Dealey Plaza. Maybe with the age Occam's razor has finally taken over my way of thinking. I now believe Oswald did it.
As far as this case is concerned, it is my belief that it was either the work of a serial killer or a thrill kill. Until I learn of evidence that connects this with other crimes, I tend to go for the thrill kill scenario. And in that scenario... I lean towards WM3.
Part of what makes this case so intriguing is that so many people have different opinions on it. The only thing I disagree with is people forming opinions based upon Hollywood involvement or documentaries that don't necessarily give you all of the facts.

Welcome, easongt!

I'm firmly convinced of the innocence of DE, JB and JM. You asked for evidence. I'm assuming that you're aware of the two hairs that sparked such controversy in 2007. One, found in the knot of one of the ligatures of MM, was a near-perfect mtDNA match to TH. The other, found some time later on a tree stump by the discovery ditch, was a near-perfect mtDNA match to DJ, who was TH's main alibi for the time of the murders. AFAIK (and I've studied this case for over 20 years), those two hairs are the only physical evidence in this case that can be linked, however tenuously, to any viable suspect. The fibers, once tenuously linked to DE and JB, have since been determined by more sophisticated testing to have not come from the suspected garments. So, there is no evidence against the three men except the convoluted statements of JM. Therefore, I still believe that the three men convicted of these murders are factually innocent.

Is your conviction of guilt based on anything solid? As another poster previously stated, I see no problem with one killer - provided it was someone known to the victims and some sort of "authority figure" to them. When one looks at TH's past, one sees ample, IMO, indication that he could have killed the little boys. The fact that he was never investigated or even suspected by the wmpd bothers me - greatly! I would like to see the case reopened and TH properly investigated - preferably by an agency other than the inept wmpd.

Yes, people still have very strong opinions on this case even after the Alford Pleas. I think you'll find that most supporters who've stuck around have studied this case for a very long time, or at least far beyond the PL-documentaries. It wasn't until I started researching this case properly that I got convinced of the innocence of the WM3. I listen to most, if not all, of the bands that supported the WM3 while they were incarcerated but I never paid much attention to it tbh. Nor did I think you could end up on death row for something you didn't do (don't judge, I was like 16 haha). "Hollywood" might have helped raise awareness, but people on these kinds of forums tend to have conducted some serious amounts of research themselves.

That's probably why me, and others here, will be curious about what evidence you've based your opinion on.
I don't think this was the works of a serial killer, but thrill kill doesn't quite fly with me either. There's no evidence pointing to the WM3, apart from Misskelley's confessions. And if you have a closer look at them you'll find that they don't add up at all. Actually, reading them in full, over and over again, was what convinced me of their innocence. Not even after sitting through his whole trial could JM get the facts straight. Sure, he could fit things in to the whole satanic motive malarkey argued by the WMPD and the prosecution (because he was coerced), but once you take a closer look at the crime and evidence there's no indication that this was satanic at all.

Like CR said, the WMPD didn't even clear the parents and step-parents properly. Especially in the case of TH. There are plenty of likely suspects - but the WM3 are not among them.

I'm not 100% convinced either way and I'm not sure it will ever be proven who actually killed those little boys. But I do think the evidence implicating the WM3 is fairly strong and I do think there is a good possibility they are the murderers, but I wouldn't completely rule out someone else like TH (though I do think the hair evidence is pretty flimsy).

I remember when the case was originally in the news, I always thought it was interesting. Over the years I went through all the things on the case I could find, especially when more and more stuff started coming out on the internet. Read/listened to the confessions, read all the documents I could find, watched/listened to any audio/video of the trial, etc. and I think it's quite possible they might have been the killers.

I'd like to see the fibers retested again by an independent testing facility with no interest in the outcome. When the fibers were retested and they claimed it didn't match, it was by the defense team, and that evidence never made it to trial to be examined or argued. To me right now the fiber evidence is about as speculative as the hair evidence-- worth further investigation, but no conclusions can be drawn yet about those things IMO.

Welcome to the board, Mackenzie_sage!
What evidence do you consider strong?
The WM3 have been excluded as donors to any of the (known) DNA at the crime scene, whereas TH has been found to be a very likely donor of a hair found in the ligature binding MM. I don't find that flimsy at all. In fact, it's more than the prosecution ever had on the WM3.

Even the prosecution admitted that the fiber evidence was weak. Finding that a fiber is microscopically similar to a shirt sold at the local Walmart is the definition of flimsy IMO.

Here are my final thoughts. I also believe these to be facts.

1. People are passionate on both sides of this issue.
2. The WM3 were inconsistent with alibis and in some incidents lied.
3. The PL series were slanted and omitted many facts and swayed many opinions.
4. There are viable suspects other than wm3 that should've been looked @ sooner
5. Both sides won and both sides lost. Classic draw scenario. Ended in a tie.

Die hard believers of their innocence will never be swayed and vice versa.
My personal belief is that DE and JB were the main culprits and JM was partially involved then fled.

My personal belief is that DE and JB were the main culprits and JM was partially involved then fled.

So you've based your opinion of guilt on perceived inconsistencies in the alibis of the WM3?

Although I, and other supporters, are unlikely to ever be swayed, it doesn't mean I can't be curious and genuinely interested in how people who believe the WM3 to be guilty, or good suspects, came to that conclusion. :)

Naturally that is part of it but not the whole or sole reason. The nation was slowly coming out of the "satanic panic" era of the 80's. Most any heinous crime was blamed on that... Usually incorrect btw. JM confessed to his own attorney unless I've read erroneous facts. False confessions aren't typically repeated later on when they were originally obtained under duress.

Do I believe LE can be wrong? Absolutely! They screw up daily around the world. Again, I believe they are guilty but I'm on the fence about whether there was enough there to get convictions.

The PL series bothers me. It reminds me of trying to illicit a particular answer by phrasing the question oddly. I would have preferred an actual documentary showing all the facts. I don't consider PL a documentary. Just my opinion.

If I were you, I wouldn't get so hung up on PL. Trust me, no one here is! I doubt you'll find a single supporter who'll state that they believe the WM3 are innocent because PL told them so. In fact, a lot of supporters criticise the documentaries although not always for the same reasons as the nons. References might be made to PL in regards to a certain event though, and most supporters are eternally grateful for the work of Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky for bringing attention to this case.

Regarding the alibis, do you not think it would have been awfully odd if they were all super perfect? If all of the WM3 could account for every minute of that day without making any mistakes? To them it would've been just another random day with nothing much significant to attach memory to. The fact that there are some minor discrepancies just goes to further prove that point IMO. If someone asked me to give a full account of what I did last thursday or whatever, I'd struggle. Add another week to that, and then another, and I'd struggle even more. IMO, all the alibis hold up. There are no major contradictions.
The alibis of TH and JKM though are different stories entirely. For TH, the day his step-son went missing and later found murdered should be pretty damn significant. Yet he can't even remember when he called the police.

Thank you Graznik, glad to be here. Interesting discussions.

I would disagree with your wording about the WM3 being 'excluded'. True, their DNA specifically was not found... but that only means there was no DNA found. You can't exclude someone just because of absence of DNA. In fact there is no conclusive DNA for anyone found at the crime scene, but that doesn't mean everyone is excluded; someone killed those kids.

I also wouldn't agree that the hair is 'very likely' TH's; it could belong to something like 2% of the population (if I recall correctly? I haven't read these things very recently but I recall some number like that; so to me that would not be 'very likely'; to me that would be 'possibly'.). Considering how many people that puts in the running (dozens? Maybe hundreds?), I don't consider it strong enough evidence to consider it any kind of smoking gun pointing to TH. Not to mention, all the boys have been to TH house, and one of them lived there. And the other hair was found so much later and could belong to something like 10% of the population-- again, I don't think that proves anything. There's no way to prove that a hair in the woods even belonged to the murderers, and the hair in the knot could have easily just come from one of the boys' clothes.

Though, that wouldn't exclude them, either, of course;
it doesn't strike me personally as a strong enough link to really draw conclusions. I think the prosecution had a better case than the case the defense is trying to mount against TH now.

I consider the confessions, particularly the third one, strong evidence, and I believe it's very possible that there are parts where JK is telling the truth of exactly what happened. There are a number of things that he says (particularly in the 3rd one, I believe, in the confession with his lawyer) that raise red flags with me. I know the defense claims the confessions should be thrown out for numerous reasons, which I'm sure you're familiar with, but I don't agree that the confessions should be dismissed altogether. I think it's very possible he mixed lies and truths in attempts to both please the officers as well as get himself out of trouble. That's what it sounds like to me when I listen to them.

The blood on DE's necklace is a strong piece of evidence IMO. The sightings of Echols between 9 and 10 near the crime scene, called in long before police ever implicated DE.

To a smaller degree, the fact that all of their alibis fell through and were proven false, the failed polygraphs, the multiple lies of DE (not to mention his history). JM's crying breakdowns. These, along with the fibers, and the candle wax all taken individually (plus a number of other little things I could go on with but I'm sure you're familiar with all of them) would not alone convince me of their guilt. But seeing how many of these little bits of circumstantial evidence pile up, I think it builds a strong case against the WM3; whether they did it or not I'd say it's a fair consideration given the evidence.

I don't remember the prosecution saying the fiber evidence was weak; I remember them saying it came up late in the trial and it would have prolonged things if they'd brought it up, so they chose not to bring it up. If they said it was weak, I either overlooked it or I forgot or something. I personally do think on its own merits it is weak; about as weak as the hair evidence. However, like I said, the more little things that mount, the stronger the case is.

I still have niggling doubts about their guilt. The investigation was just so screwed up. But I think there is a better case against them than anyone else who has been suspected (either by LE or by the public).

I hear you. Personally, I think that, if anyone was involved, it was JM before JB and even DE. Sometimes I wonder if he simply inputted DE and JB to cover for the other perps who actually committed the crime with him (JM). If you recall, originally, he did state that two other boys had committed the crime (forget their names now), before DE and JB.

I agree with the poster who said the hair evidence is flimsy, but on the flip side, the fiber evidence is also flimsy.

Someone asked what you consider is "strong evidence" in this case. Quite simply (if I may), there is no strong evidence in this case either way (including that which points to TH). That's why it's still unsolved.

I don't know how to "do" multiple quotes, so, with apologies, I'll "cut and paste" the parts of the posts to which I'd like to respond.

First, welcome Mackensie_Sage!

Graznik said: "There's no evidence pointing to the WM3, apart from Misskelley's confessions. And if you have a closer look at them you'll find that they don't add up at all. Actually, reading them in full, over and over again, was what convinced me of their innocence. Not even after sitting through his whole trial could JM get the facts straight. Sure, he could fit things in to the whole satanic motive malarkey argued by the WMPD and the prosecution (because he was coerced), but once you take a closer look at the crime and evidence there's no indication that this was satanic at all."

I totally agree with this statement. Although the prosecution tried to deny it, they were clinging to the whole "Satanic" motive simply because they could not establish a different motive. I realize that establishing a motive is not mandatory, but, generally speaking, in a sensational case like this one, a jury really wants one. So, the prosecution brought in a faux-Phd to sell the "Satanic" motive. IMO, that witness was destroyed on cross. Of course, the jury saw it differently. IMO, that conclusion was attributable to the inclination of many people to believe that, if someone is arrested, they are most likely guilty. In the opinion of the public at the time, especially when the press coverage is considered, the three were considered guilty from the moment of arrest.

Mackenzie_Sage said: "I'd like to see the fibers retested again by an independent testing facility with no interest in the outcome. When the fibers were retested and they claimed it didn't match, it was by the defense team, and that evidence never made it to trial to be examined or argued. To me right now the fiber evidence is about as speculative as the hair evidence-- worth further investigation, but no conclusions can be drawn yet about those things IMO."

Whenever evidence is tested, it is always at the behest of either the prosecution or the defense. So, IMO, it always comes down to the credibility of the testing agency and the methods used by same. In this case, the latter testing (which excluded the garments in question as the sources of the fibers) was done by using more advanced methods not available at the time of the original trials. IMO, that is a very important difference, and is why I am more inclined to accept the defense testing, which was conclusive, over the prosecution testing, which was not conclusive and was never claimed to be conclusive.

easongt said: "JM confessed to his own attorney unless I've read erroneous facts. False confessions aren't typically repeated later on when they were originally obtained under duress."

If this is referring to the February 8, 1994 statement, it needs to be considered that, at the time, the attorney was trying to determine what JM was going to say to LE. The attorney (DS) didn't want to be charged with suborning perjury. So, he was trying to be sure his client was telling a consistent story. Additionally, it must be noted that, after taking the statement, DS was able to dissuade JM from making the statement to LE that day. It took several more days of "persuasion" from LE (although they deny it) before JM made the "second confession" statement to LE - and even that post conviction statement was full of inconsistencies as well. Even the "Bible" statement was inconsistent with the facts - and DS was prompting JM throughout the statement. For example, when DS showed JM a police-prepared map of the area, JM didn't recognize it at all! As to the portion BBM, I disagree. It depends on the "confessor." Based on my experience teaching students of JM's mentality, it is very probable that he would continue saying what he thought the interrogators want to hear. That's simply how one of JM's low IQ reacts when under stress. Additionally, IMO, LE officials got "into JM's head" between the "Bible" statement and the "second confession" statement and made him distrust his own attorneys. They only allowed DS about five to ten minutes with JM before the "second confession" statement was taken because, IMO, they were afraid that, once again, JM would refuse to make the statement. Finally, and, IMO, this is the most important fact regarding JM's statements, once JM was allowed to talk with his father, someone he truly trusted, he recanted and has made no more professions of involvement but has steadfastly maintained his innocence from that time forward.

Graznik said: "The alibis of TH and JKM though are different stories entirely. For TH, the day his step-son went missing and later found murdered should be pretty damn significant. Yet he can't even remember when he called the police."

I agree with the rest of this post, but this portion, particularly, is often overlooked. I remember every detail and my every movement on the day, over 50 years ago now, that JFK was assassinated - and that event was less personal to me than the death of a step son should have been. TH seems to have a "selective memory" where this case is concerned. He remembers what he didn't do (didn't kill the kids, didn't see them at all on May 5, 1993), but he can't seem to remember what he did do during critical times. Of course, his alibi is flatly contradicted at certain times by DJ, JMB and even PH. IMO, this is simply unfathomable!

Mackenzie_Sage said: "I would disagree with your wording about the WM3 being 'excluded'. True, their DNA specifically was not found... but that only means there was no DNA found. You can't exclude someone just because of absence of DNA. In fact there is no conclusive DNA for anyone found at the crime scene, but that doesn't mean everyone is excluded; someone killed those kids.

I also wouldn't agree that the hair is 'very likely' TH's; it could belong to something like 2% of the population (if I recall correctly? I haven't read these things very recently but I recall some number like that; so to me that would not be 'very likely'; to me that would be 'possibly'.). Considering how many people that puts in the running (dozens? Maybe hundreds?), I don't consider it strong enough evidence to consider it any kind of smoking gun pointing to TH. Not to mention, all the boys have been to TH house, and one of them lived there. And the other hair was found so much later and could belong to something like 10% of the population-- again, I don't think that proves anything. There's no way to prove that a hair in the woods even belonged to the murderers, and the hair in the knot could have easily just come from one of the boys' clothes.
"

DNA was found, but the only DNA found that might be linked to DE, JB or JM is DNA which can only be attributed to any male on the planet. So, if the mtDNA in the hair in MM's ligature (which was a 98.5% match to the mtDNA of TH) doesn't point to TH as a possible suspect, how can the few DNA samples that don't specifically exclude any of the three innocent (IMO) men be considered as anything but flimsy evidence? There are still some "unknown" DNA samples in this case. I don't know if these samples will ever be identified, but DE, JB and JM have been excluded from these samples as well. In this type of crime, I guess the question to ask is, if the crime had been committed in the manner described in JM's statements, how could it have been done without the killer(s) leaving some sort of biological sample? At the time, both DE and JB had long hair. Yet, all hairs found have excluded them (and JM) as the source of said hair. Although mtDNA is not as precise as nuclear DNA, it does exclude most people who weren't the contributor of said sample. The two hairs so often discussed are the only hairs that can be linked to a maternal line. That's what mtDNA does; it indicates that the contributor of the hair was a member of a specific maternal line. So, the hair in MM's ligature was contributed either by TH or by someone in his maternal line. It could not have been contributed by any of a random sampling of people unless that sample consisted of only those in TH's maternal line. That's a common misunderstanding of the value of the mtDNA. Of course, the same is true of the tree-stump hair wrt DJ and 7% of the population. IMO, that's why the hairs are of significance. Although the specific donor cannot be determined, most of the world's population (including DE, JB and JM) can be excluded.

Mackenzie_Sage said: "The blood on DE's necklace is a strong piece of evidence IMO. The sightings of Echols between 9 and 10 near the crime scene, called in long before police ever implicated DE."

The blood on DE's necklace is just as likely to have belonged to JB (whose necklace it was) as to the victim who happened to have the same DQ Alpha signature. A DQ Alpha signature, although slightly better than a blood type, is not unique. Additionally, the blood samples (one was DE's, which proves nothing) were so small that they were consumed with the original testing, and, following your previous logic, there's no proof that the necklace was even worn at the time of the crime. Finally, as to the Hollingworth's supposed sighting of DE, they said he was with their niece, DT, and not JB, and their own nephew was also a suspect for this crime, which, IMO, greatly compromises any validity to their statements.

Mackenzie_Sage said: "To a smaller degree, the fact that all of their alibis fell through and were proven false, the failed polygraphs, the multiple lies of DE (not to mention his history). JM's crying breakdowns. These, along with the fibers, and the candle wax all taken individually (plus a number of other little things I could go on with but I'm sure you're familiar with all of them) would not alone convince me of their guilt. But seeing how many of these little bits of circumstantial evidence pile up, I think it builds a strong case against the WM3; whether they did it or not I'd say it's a fair consideration given the evidence."

However, there is just as much circumstantial evidence against TH - plus the hairs, which are physical evidence. The lack of any physical evidence linking DE, JB or JM to the scene is one of my reasons for believing in their innocence. I just don't see three drunk teenage boys (if one believes JM's statements) being able to commit these murders without leaving any physical evidence behind at all. I agree that the investigation was abysmally inept, but, since the wmpd had focused on DE early on in the investigation, I doubt that they would have overlooked anything linking him to the crime. However, try as they might, they couldn't find anything. IMO, if they had looked as diligently for any evidence as they looked for evidence against DE, JB and JM, this case could have been solved in 1993. However, they didn't and it wasn't.

Mackenzie_Sage said: "I don't remember the prosecution saying the fiber evidence was weak; I remember them saying it came up late in the trial and it would have prolonged things if they'd brought it up, so they chose not to bring it up. If they said it was weak, I either overlooked it or I forgot or something. I personally do think on its own merits it is weak; about as weak as the hair evidence. However, like I said, the more little things that mount, the stronger the case is."

The statement re: fiber evidence being weak was made in the first documentary by either Davis or Fogleman when they were meeting with the family members discussing why they wanted JM's testimony so badly - because the case against DE and JB without JM's statement was weak. Of course, as it turned out, the jury convicted DE and JB without JM testifying, but that opens up a whole 'nother bag of worms! I'm sure everyone is familiar with the entire "jury misconduct" issue and the foreman's sealed affidavit (that is now on Callahan's).

One thing that has always been highly disturbing about this case, is the fact that the evidence brought up against the WM3 was so unspecific, that it could have been used against anybody who came from a lower social class. The fibre, the candle wax, the blood on the necklace, the knife in the lake were all interchangeable with other random objects. If the suspect was replaced, the evidence would be replaced, lets say with a cigarette butt, an empty bottle, a fixers needle.......

Add to this, the inexplicable conduct of the authorities in and around the case, the scandalous circumstances surrounding the trial, inside and outside the courthouse, specifically the behaviour of Judge Burnett, the controversy concerning the jury, and the willingness of the prosecution / police to blackmail certain witnesses into perjury.

Add to this, the softball girls (recanted), Vicki H (recanted), Michael C. (recanted), the expertise of a mail-order ace on Satanism and various other details like lost samples, misplaced items, incomplete or incorrect police logs, a case number that mysteriously changed from 555 to 666, and a fair number of other inconsistencies.

A case that was built on the confession of a 17 year old mentally handicapped youth made under unserious circumstances, a mentally disturbed youth who was in treatment and was more of a danger for himself than others (I find the mentally disturbed who are not in treatment more concerning), and a less disturbed youth who just happened to be his friend. As with the evidence, these suspects were interchangeable with a lot of other youths in WM.

Criminal investigators and police forces have a tremendous amount of information at their disposal. This information is based on many years of collecting criminal statistics, extensive studies of victimology, forensic psychology. Today even a layman has access to the statistics of the FBI, and there are numerous essays, books, videos on crime basics written by ex-investigators , forensic psychologists, law students, all available via internet.

In a crime where young children are murdered, there is a golden rule on which all criminal investigators agree. A high percentage (over 60%) of young children are killed by parents, step-parents, uncles, grandparents, relatives friends, neighbours, caretakers. This is a very sad fact, and a fact that makes a lot of people feel uneasy. I agree with the fact that the three boys came from different families made this case more complicated, it also diminished the probability that it was a lone stranger, and that a sexually motivated murder was less probable, because they tend to single out children.

1. The first suspects are the parents. The parents / near relatives should be thoroughly investigated before moving on. Are there problems in the relationship ? Is there violence in the relationship ? Are there major financial difficulties ? Are children being sexually, psychologically, physically abused ? Does either of the parents show signs of psychological or mental disorder ? Is there drug / alcohol abuse ? Do either parents have a criminal history ? Would one of the parents gain something from the murder ?

Of the three sets of parents in this case, there are at least two, where you would have to answer with a lot of yes's. The third set ? I don't think they were investigated further than their alibis. As it now stands, there is one main suspect who has not been ruled out, up to this very day.

Leaving all the propaganda aside, just looking at the bare facts, I just don't see a connection between the death of these three youngsters, and the WM3. None of the three, whether alone or in a group, display any kind of mental or personality disorder that would make me think they are capable of this crime.

Pulling the propaganda back in, when I first saw this circus, it reminded me of the middle ages, when the son of a rich land owner raped and killed the farmers daughter, and the village idiot was automatically hung for it.

In my mind there is no doubt that the WM3 are innocent, with or without Hollywood. The evidence against TH stacks up a lot higher in my opinion, and after all, even his wife suspected he could have something to do with it, and that is not a sign of a stable relationship.

I am not a "supporter" of the WM3, I am a supporter of justice. I don't believe in the death penalty, and I think every person deserves the chance to get back on the road again, and if they can't get back on the road, they should be locked away for good. I respect the justice system, it keeps us from beating each others heads in, so it shouldn't be misused to do exactly that, as in this case. I would love to live in a world where everyone loves and takes care of each other, who wouldn't ?

easongt, I found it interesting that you think the bikes pointed to multiple perps, for the exact same reason (the bikes on either side of the pipe), I think it points to one perp, a bike in either hand, and letting them drop. Just goes to show how differently we think.

As for the TrueRomance story, I can't really read anything out of it. Don't you think the fact that PH suspected TH more relevant ? And then the "Hobbs family secret" statements.

Like I said... People sure are passionate about this. I would love to see a study/survey on personality types in regard to what side of the fence people stand regarding this case. Do more older or conservatives believe their guilt? Funny because in my early to mid 20's I believed them to be innocent.

Totally unrelated... I'm finishing a good read (fiction) this weekend. I may make a recomendation.

Sorry, but NOBODY won here.

To clarify btw... Those who believed they were guilty did get convictions and time served. Those who believe in their innocence got to see them released. True... No victory in this tragedy though. UNLESS there IS someone who got away with it completely.

My only issue with many (but not all) of the believers is that they have inadvertently become what they claimed to be rebelling against. In the end many were nothing more than a mob on a witch hunt against JMB and TH.

For the record... IMO

Lee Harvey Oswald = guilty
Jon Benet Ramsey = Mother involved/covered up
Casey Anthony = guilty
O.J. = guilty
Bigfoot = maybe

I'm an old conservative who believes in their innocence, based primarily on my 25 years' teaching high school students. DE, JB and JM are three "types" whom I have taught. DE, the intelligent rebel (with poverty as a contributing factor) who is a basic loner with a few close friends but who shies away from others or makes outrageous statements to push others away, JB, the quiet one who is really a good son (babysitting and helping out in other ways around the house) and a decent, if not exemplary student and JM, the mentally challenged youth who, IMO, was callously manipulated by LE and other authority figures were in my classrooms. These boys (at the time of the crime) are not criminal types. John Douglas, IMO, got it right. This was a "personal cause" homicide and, as such, the perpetrator(s) were connected with the boys, or at least one of them, on a personal level. TH, with his history of domestic abuse (MF and his first marriage, if one chooses to dismiss the statements from PH and her mother and sisters) and his slaughterhouse experience, not to mention the only person with physical evidence connected to the crime, is a much more viable suspect. The saddest thing is why he is not now and has never been a suspect. When someone discovers why he has this "Teflon" status, we will be well on the track to solving this crime. Yes, I, like many others, suspected JMB for a time but have since ruled him out. (I believe his own time line simply doesn't allow enough unaccounted-for time to commit these murders.) So, I still plead, "Reopen the case and investigate TH." Only then can the truth be revealed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back