Woman & Newborn Triplets Found Dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
what are the chances of having "natural" tripletts? you know, without reproductive "assistance"...clomid, IVF, etc?

i know this is W-A-Y out there, but... maybe she was being paid to be a surrogate. didn't one article say she had lost her job? maybe she had not told her family knowing they would disapprove. implanted with several embryos and three "took". okay, okay... it sounds even crazier when i typed it out!

anyhow, such a sad situation.
According to about.com 1 in 8100. There is a snippet about it at the bottom of the page at the following link.
http://multiples.about.com/cs/funfacts/a/oddsoftwins_2.htm

what are the chances of having "natural" tripletts? you know, without reproductive "assistance"...clomid, IVF, etc?

i know this is W-A-Y out there, but... maybe she was being paid to be a surrogate. didn't one article say she had lost her job? maybe she had not told her family knowing they would disapprove. implanted with several embryos and three "took". okay, okay... it sounds even crazier when i typed it out!

I would think that if she were acting as a surrogate that she would have had mandated prenatal care. Ther would be no way that the people who were trying that hard to have a baby would allow her to put them in peril by refusing to see a doctor.

I sincerely doubt the woman went through IVF and then hid the pregnancy from everyone. I also sincerely doubt she was paid to be a surrogate, then hid the pregnancy from everyone and did not call 911 when she was ready to deliver. Obviously, whoever paid her to be a surrogate would have demanded she got prenatal care and delivered the children in the hospital.

Oh ok, I guess I missed that they were still born. IDK what to make if this at all.

Well, the thing that confuses me is that some of the first articles said they were stillborn, but I thought that required an autopsy to determine if the babies took breaths outside the womb. If they aspirated due to not being suctioned, I don't consider that a stillbirth. Stillbirth to me means dead on arrival.

I think that's very plausible given the complex nature of a triplet birth and injuries the babies could have suffered while descending, but there had to be something really obvious at the scene to indicate that they were dead as a result of the birthing process and not from lack of aftercare.

It sounds like semantics, probably, but I'm not sure we can take "stillbirth" at face value given the circumstances. Yet. How could they know they were all born dead without postmortems?

Maybe a bad cord accident? It can't be anything like shoulder dystocia unless she ripped herself apart in the process of removing the baby. Either way, those babies made it out. Uterine rupture could be a possibility if the babies got locked up in there, but again--they were found in the bedroom and bathroom.

The whole thing is bizarre.

I know this story is old, but did anyone read her MySpace blog where she thought she had food poisoning and it turned out she was pregnant and in labor with her second child? I'm not sure what to make of it. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back