Woman's 9/11 survival story questioned

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would call them "fireman groupies".
I used to attend a class with a girl who had a "thing" for firemen.

Are these women sleeping with the firemen? If so, wouldn't the firemen be slutty also? The double standard is amazing. I am not a big fan of calling people names that are so hateful and offensive. And women are just so hard on each other that it really makes me sad.

As for this woman making up her 9/11 story, that is despicable.

Me personally ... I kind of think that is a nice gesture. What am I missing here?

I with you on this Mygirl.. I think it's nice that these women do this.. Ok, I'll read further down and maybe I'll get my answer.. I just stopped to add my comment.. :crazy:

Ok, I read all the responses and I still think it's a nice gesture. Even if they have a crush on firemen or wanna be groupies :crazy: . They are still making dinner for these guys, and yes, if these guys don't like them around then maybe they should say something to them..

I wouldn't mind these girls coming over to my place to cook me a dinner.. :D

Ok, I read all the responses and I still think it's a nice gesture. Even if they have a crush on firemen or wanna be groupies :crazy: . They are still making dinner for these guys, and yes, if these guys don't like them around then maybe they should say something to them..

I wouldn't mind these girls coming over to my place to cook me a dinner.. :D

LOL! I'm with ya on that one! They can tell me they love me all they want, so long as they fill my belly with yummy food!

I don't know how many firhouses are in a borrough, but if the group of women go to a different house each month just to cook and have kept it up for six years, then it sounds to me like it is some sort of group or club that might really be doing this out of appreciation. Firemen are usually good looking so I imagine some do sign up just to try and meet one of them though.

It doesn't seem like the firemen refuse the food,so they fill their stomachs,and then call the ladies *advertiser censored* behind their backs .... nice going fellas.

What jerks.

We have a firehouse across the street from our neighborhood, and they are a bunch of nice guys. My DD's preschool class went there on a field trip, and she still calls them her "fire friends." So cute.

The Girl Scouts bring cookies to them when someone wants to donate but doesn't want the cookies in their house. People bring things to them quite a bit.

If I ever found out they were referring to any of us by such a derogatory name it would be the last nice thing I ever did for them.

As for the "fire cooking women", I very doubt that their motives are "as good as they seem". They probably are just "firemen" junkies who again want to "have the attention" of doing something "great" for the heros.

But again, this is just my opinion, as motives cannot be truly known.

Denigrating these women really bugs me. I personally, along with some friends, bake cakes, pies and cookies and take them periodically to our local firehouses and police stations. All through the year. Just as a thank you. They appreciate it. We don't do it for publicity, we don't do it cause we are fire or police *advertiser censored*. We do it to say thank you for their risking their lives every day. We started doing this years ago, and do it through out the year as they get a lot of goodies around the holidays. We used to just do it around the winter holidays after someone read in some women's magazine. Our area is big enough that these are all paid firefighters and police, not volunteers, but they still risk their lives.

Hi guys. You would be surprised how many people have latched onto 9/11 as their personal "cause". There are plenty of Tania Heads out there. There is another group of women from Hastings NY who go to fire houses once a month and cook for the shift. In 6 years they have gotten through three boroughs. Its always "we love you for what you did on 9/11". Frankly the guys are kinda embarrassed by it. They call this group "the fire *advertiser censored*". Like I just don't get it. I asked one of them do you ever ask any of the guys about their asthma or other illnesses they've developed? She replied "No, we just love them".. Strange.. go figure.

Nancy

Why is that strange? You say you do not "get it". I say, what's there to get? It's called humanity. Random acts of kindness. They've been doing this for 6 years? Sounds to me like these so-called "fire *advertiser censored*" could teach many about what it means to volunteer and show kindness and compassion towards our fellow human beings.

Amazing that their unselfish gestures could be tsk-tsked at.

Why is that strange? You say you do not "get it". I say, what's there to get? It's called humanity. Random acts of kindness. They've been doing this for 6 years? Sounds to me like these so-called "fire *advertiser censored*" could teach many about what it means to volunteer and show kindness and compassion towards our fellow human beings.

Absolutely! I agree with all posts like this one. What a set of pr!cks to be so mean about this generosity. I bet there are a few million firefighters who would love this kind of appreciation. Obnoxious ingrates.

Sounds like these boys need a good old butt kicking. Calling someone a *advertiser censored*.
(Unless ya are I guess!) But they sound ungratefrul and not worthy of these ladies time... Move on to where you are appreciated.:waitasec: :twocents:

Longer article about Tania Head:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/n...fbd0&ex=1191038400&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Some excerpts:

Ms. Head told Mr. Crowther’s family that she had worked on a mergers team at Merrill Lynch and that all the members of the team in the south tower had perished on 9/11, except her.
More recently, Linda Gormley, a board member of the Survivors’ Network, said that Ms. Head had told her she had been in the building applying for an internship.
Ms. Head, who sometimes uses the first name Alicia, has also said that she traveled to Thailand after the tsunami in 2004 and to Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina to offer her help.

Ms. Head has described how a severely burned man on the floor handed her his wedding ring as she crawled past, a ring she returned to the man’s grieving widow months later. Ms. Head has not publicly disclosed the identity of that family.

In fact, the family and several friends of Dave, whose full name is being withheld by The Times to protect their privacy, said they had never heard of Tania Head. His mother said none of her son’s e-mail messages had indicated such a relationship. Both his parents and his roommate, with whom he lived in Manhattan, said they knew of no trip that he had taken to Hawaii.

OMgosh, this is so strange. The article disproved everything apparently, but I didn't see anything about the ring. Was she ever able to prove that?

Unbelievable.

I remember seeing a news story (Dateline, 20/20?) about a badly burned woman saved by someone else...was this her?

Not sure which one you saw, but I have read stories about people such as Mary Jos and Ling Young, who were badly burned and escaped from the south tower. They've been interviewed in several articles, and may have been on a TV program as well. Sounds to me like Ms. Head may have fabricated a story that was similar to theirs.

About the ring, it says in the article above that she's never disclosed the identity of that family. Hmmm...

I've been sick with the flu since I last posted so I apologize for not getting back ahead of time. These girls/women go by the club name of "fire *advertiser censored*". They make it perfectly clear that they cook so that they can quite possibly "hook up" with members of what ever fire house they are assigned to.I'll try to get a photo in a couple of weeks to post so you can see their attire. Its not comfy cooking attire but more like Fredrick's of Hollywood attire. They snuggle up to they guys before during and after their random act of kindness and then post them all over their myspace pages. As I said earlier, I know one of these women well and this is not about random acts of kindness. She makes it perfectly clear that they love to "fool around with guys in uniform". She and her friends are not bad girls but they are unrealistic about this fascination with FDNY members. I've asked Bev, would you be worried for them if you were married to one of them and her reply was "no, they have good insurance and I would be taken care of and their "brothers" would take care of me too". Ummm Okay. I worry every day and not just about the next terrorist attack but whether there could be an accident involving apparatus, or whether someone could have a heart attack or the list could go on and on. A random act of kindness is a note expressing thanks, or dropping off a meal or a dessert. It shouldn't involve taking over a firehouse to cook and to take random pictures of people in suggestive poses with their *advertiser censored* hanging out. It shouldn't involve skipping firehouses that have women assingned to them. It shouldn't involve the "I hope your wife/girlfriend doesn't see these pix".
Random acts of kindness... nope this isn't it.

If the "lot lizards" cooked for my husband at his truck stops, I'd be in big trouble. Sounds like these women know what they're doing. Doesn't sound like soccer moms baking some pies, but the Wisteria Lane ladies baking some pies and cooking up something else.

Glad this lady was found out, I had never heard of her before this.
I think everyone has a lot of sympathy for everyone involved in 9/11. I think people want to turn that into empathy and feel like they themselves went through it. Perhaps her life had no meaning before this and she felt she had to make it worthwhile. Very sad & I hope she gets help.

'YOU'RE scared! I'M the one that went through hell': How fake 9/11 victim tormented genuine survivors

Tania Head emerged in 2003 as a survivor of the 9/11 terror attacks

The nation believed her story that she was in the South Tower of the Twin Towers when it was hit

She became president of the World Trade Center Survivors' Network In 2007 it was revealed that she had made the whole story up A new book, The Woman Who Wasn't There, exposes the extent of her lies

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormented-genuine-survivors.html#ixzz1q9tb3dGO

Link to book:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...9781451652086&itm=2&usri=the+woman+who+wasn't

Off Topic alert but I have to say that One Lost Girl, I always LOVE your avatars and signatures.

On topic- I wonder if people attached themselves to the Titanic disaster in the same way or is it a new phenomena???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back