Wondering why Websleuths is so silent on SA threads!?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mimimic

Reaction score
I am so surprised to see that these threads are largely silent. Is it because there are many who work in the field on the site and don't want to rock the boat? :/ I think if that is so, please don't be afraid. Could you please see how to contribute a fair discussion on this matter. Many people seem to be watching. Someone needs to come to the plate. First in the courts with re:SA and BD. Second on this great site!

I didn't follow the case in 2005, but did visit the thread after viewing the first series of 'Making a Murderer'.

Found this quote from Guruagain's thread
I assume spending 2 decades behind bars with REAL criminals, enduring abuse and God knows what other nightmares in prison, the resentment of having your life taken away from you for a crime you didn't commit AND people still looking at you like a criminal when you get out, might create a criminal out of someone who at one point had a chance for a good life.
It is sort of funny how many times people made this same exact point about the title of MaM after it came out.

It's amazing how many of the people in that thread had no doubt whatsoever he was guilty based on nothing but reports that he was found guilty. People on this website should know better, but don't. Sadly, this sort of thing is too common.

Looking back at that thread there is a quote from an article at the time that mentions the police got a "tip off" about TH car at the avery property, does this mean someone told the police about it being there or is it referring to when it was found , it sounds more like the someone told them where to find it there? for me the woman who testified finding it did not ring true to me " God led me to it" ,,,, hmmm

Found this quote from Guruagain's thread

It is sort of funny how many times people made this same exact point about the title of MaM after it came out.

It's amazing how many of the people in that thread had no doubt whatsoever he was guilty based on nothing but reports that he was found guilty. People on this website should know better, but don't. Sadly, this sort of thing is too common.
I think the fact that he had money coming to him, he wasn't out looking for revenge, let alone revenge involving an innocent, not connected, person. This whole thing blows my mind. They need to let him out. I suppose once out he would have to watch his back re: Scott T. Unless he begins to understand why KZ went that way with evidence- it just helps to show police didn't follow any leads except SA. This doesn't necessarily mean ST is guilty. (if only he could see that)

Looking back at that thread there is a quote from an article at the time that mentions the police got a "tip off" about TH car at the avery property, does this mean someone told the police about it being there or is it referring to when it was found , it sounds more like the someone told them where to find it there? for me the woman who testified finding it did not ring true to me " God led me to it" ,,,, hmmm

The "tip off" was referring to Pam Sturm who found the RAV4. She was considered a searcher who called in the "tip". Lucky for her that Ryan and Scott gave her a camera and Sheriff Pagel's phone number, and lucky for her that she went straight to it.

The "tip off" was referring to Pam Sturm who found the RAV4. She was considered a searcher who called in the "tip". Lucky for her that Ryan and Scott gave her a camera and Sheriff Pagel's phone number, and lucky for her that she went straight to it.
And even more amazing is that the next day she was searching the exact area where 4 witnesses say the RAV4 was in the turnaround on 147 before being found at Avery Salvage (out of all the miles to choose from in Manitiwoc).

After viewing MaM2 I understand a little better the timeline of how TH was observed leaving ASY after taking photos and getting paid and the RAV4 being 'found' back at the salvage yard 5 days later.

Oct 31 - TH goes missing
Nov 2 - RH in possession of day planner she had with her when she went missing
Nov 3 - KR spots RAV4 on Highway 147
Nov 4 - AC notified by KR about vehicle sighting
??? - AC calls in TH's license plate number
Nov 4 - vehicle lights reported on south side of ASY
Nov 5 - RAV4 'found' by PS

Which explains why Earl did not see the RAV4 earlier in the week - it didn't arrive there until Friday night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman
Back