Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also telling that you did not answer MissUnderstood's question if you know the people involved in this.
I'd also like to see lucylucky's link that MS was afraid of RZ and had told someone that...I've read her comment on this several times but have never seen a link...if I missed it I do apologize but I looked back through the thread and didn't find it.

But I see you thought the response asking me to "put down the wine" was not "a little venomous". Very telling. Easy to see which side of the debate you are on - I certainly haven't seen you speaking up about any of the unbelievealby sick and cruel comments that have been made about the innocent Shacknais and Nina Romano. Again, very telling.

I don't usually post, just read. I actually don't have a side, so that assumption is wrong. I only commented as your responses are worded in a way that differ from others, like you know these people. But thanks for avoiding my actual question!

MOO!!

I don't usually post, just read. I actually don't have a side, so that assumption is wrong. I only commented as your responses are worded in a way that differ from others, like you know these people. But thanks for avoiding my actual question!

MOO!!

It is against the rules to try and sleuth other posters. One doesn't have to know any one in this case to see that the Zahaus have been trying to frame Dina, Nina, and Adam since July 19, 2011 for murder in their sister's death - which was and is a suicide. and many of their followers have worked tirelessly to help them frame these innocent people. Makes me wonder if the Zahaus offered to pay them big bucks in the snowball's chance in hell they were awarded 10 million dollars. Good thing this will be over soon and Dina, Nina, and Adam will be vindicated and the Zahaus will be seen as the disgusting, money hungry, unscrupulous people they really are.

JMO

SBM: can you clarify exactly what you mean here? You've alluded to this before. Surely you aren't suggesting that the judge will care who a poster on a website knows? Do you even have proof that "key supporter" knows the witness (hah, I just have to ask)? I live in Coronado, maybe I know him too? So, who is this supporter and why are they "key"? Why would this have any implication on this case at all?

I think the Judge will care greatly about an organized effort to frame three innocent people.

JMO

I think the Judge will care greatly about an organized effort to frame three innocent people.

JMO
What on earth do you mean by this?

Please, be clear. Are you suggesting that Websleuths is in on an organized effort to frame three innocent people?

Thank you for the link to the news piece ll.

Has anyone seen the actual complaint of DS' suit against JS? Does it mention who the relative was or any further information regarding this claim?

Is the suit in which DS has been heavily sanctioned and had various legal representation including pro se the only place where this claim exists?

TIA

What on earth do you mean by this?

Please, be clear. Are you suggesting that Websleuths is in on an organized effort to frame three innocent people?

I said "many of their followers". The crazy ones that run numerology sites, conspiracy sites, and web blogs devoted to Rebecca and the Demonic Dina Shacknai. The ones that have posted obsessively on news site after news site. The ones that are or were editors and reporters in Coronado or San Diego that have tried to skew the reports towards murder and also posted relentlessly online to keep the story hot. The friends of Anne Bremner who wrote articles, and true-crime stories that were all an attempt at pushing the murder theory and framing innocent people. The ones that keep on doing all of this - even now - when the Zahaus have not come up with ONE piece of evidence (after EIGHT tries) that places anyone other than Rebecca iin that room and on that balcony. Those are the ones I mean. I did not mention WebSleuths at all and whether any of those people post here I would not know.

JMO

JMO

I said "many of their followers". The crazy ones that run numerology sites, conspiracy sites, and web blogs devoted to Rebecca and the Demonic Dina Shacknai. The ones that have posted obsessively on news site after news site. The ones that are or were editors and reporters in Coronado or San Diego that have tried to skew the reports towards murder and also posted relentlessly online to keep the story hot. The friends of Anne Bremner who wrote articles, and true-crime stories that were all an attempt at pushing the murder theory and framing innocent people. The ones that keep on doing all of this - even now - when the Zahaus have not come up with ONE piece of evidence (after EIGHT tries) that places anyone other than Rebecca iin that room and on that balcony. Those are the ones I mean. I did not mention WebSleuths at all and whether any of those people post here I would not know.

JMO

JMO

Thank you for your response. I understand now. Websleuths is my main source of news outside of the NY and LA Times (I do listen to NPR and an occasional BBC or CNN report) so I am unaware of all of that. I appreciate your candor and clarity.

I think we all have to be careful with what weight we give to rumors, from people who are well known to be dodging or manipulating the truth. Just because the news quotes "Dina said...." doesn't even begin to make it true.

Dina has a long history of exaggerating, and creatively embellishing the truth, about all sorts of things-- even mundane things, that the average person would not bother to embellish. She was even publicly rebuked and admonished by the Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners for falsely representing her training and internship experiences-- a few years ago she tried to count pre-graduation experiences twice, as post graduation internship experience-- among other problems she had with the Board documenting her experience. (All of that is searchable on the AZ Board of Psychologist Examiners website, in the Board minutes.) She still struggles to achieve basic state licensure in her profession, having tried several times now. She was finally, after several tries over 3-4 years, granted approval to take the licensure exam in March of this year, but as of now, has again failed to follow through, and actually TAKE the exam. So, you have to scratch your head, and wonder why.

Dina has a long history of trying to publicly present her ideas and opinions as though they are facts-- with no corroboration. Another simple example is establishing her whereabouts the night Rebecca died-- when the Sheriff clearly has stated she is not seen on any surveillance video at Rady's hospital, and they had to resort to cell phone triangulation to try to establish her location. And remember when she told the Coronado council she was a "scientist"? And though she owns no property there, she claimed to be a homeowner? Many threads in this forum are filled with other examples of Dina's "embellishments" about herself and others, and her public presentation of her "ideas" about Max's death, as though they were established facts.

Dina's persistent goals in this case, IMO, are to always take an opportunity to turn any conversation, or interview, about Rebecca's death, or any of the lawsuits, to her vengeful ideas and opinions about how Max died. And then bash Rebecca and her family. While being extra careful not to make any public statements about Jonah, most likely due to a gag clause in her divorce $$ conditions-- and yet turning around and filing a bad faith (IMO) nuisance lawsuit against him.

Part of why Dina has been given serious financial penalties, and is in trouble with Judge Whitten, is her persistent failure to cooperate with any of the simplest parts of the civil litigation process that she initiated as a plaintiff. That is pretty telling, IMO. She has flatly refused to comply with the simplest of discovery orders. So, you have to scratch your head, and consider all that, when you decide how much weight to give anything she says. She gives every indication that she is a vindictive manipulator, in much of what she does publicly.

I have a very hard time, personally, believing anything she says. If she said it was raining outside, I'd be inclined to look out a window to see if that was true.

That Max was scared of being alone with Rebecca Zahau Is no "rumor". Max told that to another family member about a month before his fatal "fall". My guess is he told ES or GS.

However, almost every negative thing that has been said about Dina Shacknai, is just that - a malicious, mean-spirited rumor. The only thing Dina is guilty of is not protecting Max from Rebecca Zahau.

The horrible things that have been said - and are still being said - about this victim of Rebecca Zahau's negligence, this victim who lost her only child in a violent accident, are indefensible they are so devoid of human feeling and empathy.

JMO

A little off topic.

If any readers here enjoy classic literature and short stories, I'd love to recommend "The Possibility of Evil", by Shirley Jackson. Miss Adela Strangeworth is such a fascinating character, KWIM?

It's really an interesting classic. if you haven't read it, or haven't read it recently, it's worth a few minutes, IMO. Easily found on the web for free, and only about 5 pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Possibility_of_Evil

ETA: Here's a link for any who are interested:

https://teacher.ocps.net/brittany.camp/Media/possibilityofevil.pdf

That Max was scared of being alone with Rebecca Zahau Is no "rumor". Max told that to another family member about a month before his fatal "fall". My guess is he told ES or GS.

JMO

Snipped and BBM: point proven you can't say that something is "no rumor" and use the word "guess" in the same sentence. Until you give a link to back your claim, then is it a rumor. You are just guessing. I do not take Dina's word as "fact" until she backs it up with a name and detail. This is the same idea as Dina saying she was at the hospital all night. Stated as fact yet nothing to back it up. If there were, we wouldn't have to be discussing it.

You must mean like all the rumors that make up the Zahaus Wrongful Death Suit.

Not one FACT, all rumor.

Thank you for the link to the news piece ll.

Has anyone seen the actual complaint of DS' suit against JS? Does it mention who the relative was or any further information regarding this claim?

Is the suit in which DS has been heavily sanctioned and had various legal representation including pro se the only place where this claim exists?

TIA
Hey Inthedark :wave:

I have not seen Dina's complaint against Jonah. It has never been posted on this forum. I would very much like to see the complaint. Maybe it could put some rumors to rest? The Maricopa County Court website does not have the option to purchase or access court records online (like San Diego). One would have to visit the clerks office to obtain the complaint or have a copy shared by one of the involved parties.

Court minute entries can be viewed here:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov

Copies of Records
Copies / Kinds Available

The public may obtain copies of criminal, civil, domestic relations / family court(divorce decrees), probate and tax court case files, in addition to marriage licenses.

Copies / Hours and Locations

To obtain copies of public records, you may visit the Clerk's Office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at the following locations:

Customer Service Center

601 W. Jackson
Phoenix, AZ 85003
Southeast Public Service Facility
222 E. Javelina
Mesa, AZ 85202
Northwest Regional Court Center
14264 W. Tierra Buena Lane
Surprise, AZ 85374
Northeast Regional Court Center
18380 N. 40th St., Suite 120
Phoenix, AZ 85032

http://clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/copies.asp#kinds

Because after all these years Dina has not offered up the specific and irrefutable evidence of where she was the night/early morning of Rebecca's death (to LE, on the wrongful death suit, through her kitten forum groupies, even floated anything that has come out as rumor to test the waters) - and I don't mean 'i was at the hospital with my dying son' as her very, very generalized alibi - by process of elimination there can be only one remaining possibility. She is lying plain and simple.

Why not offer up the detail of that evening/early morning hours? For example, I arrived at the hospital at such and such time but left and came back at such and such time never leaving his room from such and such time. For some reason, no nurse or video saw me. It's remarkable but it is the truth, and that is why I could not have possibly murdered Rebecca.

Maybe her response to LE was exactly that. I was at the hospital but have no way of proving it as I saw no one and never moved from the private room for some 10 hours or something to that effect. Then LE allowed the triangulation of her phone to be her alibi.

But, come on, detail really is required particularly when she was spotted at Rebecca's house that evening by eye witnesses and Nina left the hospital to go speak with Rebecca that night as well but didn't drive the available car of Dina's (after all Dina didn't need it as she never left her son's side to even go get coffee, walk the corridors, etc).

It certainly is not out of the realm of understanding why this forum or anyone else who has been following this case or most certainly the Zahau family to expect answers in detail is it? the depositions she will eventually have to take (can't put them off forever!) will be interesting to say the least but if her answers are simply I was there at the hospital but no one saw me simply won't fly. Guilty as charged.

My thoughts exactly, justice be served. "In the vicinity" has always struck me as an intentionally vague and deflective answer to that difficult question, and that made Gore so visibly uncomfortable.

Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

Sheriff Gore confirmed as much during his news conference.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital."

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16068012/mixed-dna-all-over-zahau-death-scene-some-evidence-not-tested

BBM and colored by me.

Even more troubling that Dina wasn't seen on any Rady surveillance video, is that Gore's reluctant admission that they resorted to cell phone triangulation to attempt to establish the location of her phone as a proxy for an adult who was alive and well, with no corroborating evidence that DINA actually USED her phone during the time in question.

Remember that San Diego is a very densely populated area, with excellent cell tower coverage. And the best that Sheriff Gore (reluctantly!) admits is that the triangulation ONLY places the phone "in the vicinity". That triangulation report is MUCH more detailed than that, as well as a forensic exam of the phone. There are multiple ways that a phone (even in 2011) can be "located", some of which use signal strength, in addition to a simple GPS location. How did the investigators actually DO the triangulation? Their report should be quite detailed. The methods used will determine the accuracy of the location triangulated. That will be revealed in discovery, I'd think.

They know, or SHOULD know quite a bit about Dina's phone use during the time in question, and should have compared that to her use during a known time period a day or 2 before.

*They know the exact area that was triangulated, down to a few yards, including the "overlap" areas on towers, and the signal strength.

*They also know if her phone was accessed in any way during that time, such as checking emails or texts-- even if there was no reply, or calls made.

*They know if Dina's phone was powered off at any time during the triangulation period.

*They know if other apps on the phone were open or used during the time in question

*They know if the phone was plugged in and charging, and if it was (stationary), the exact times the phone was plugged in from the internal clock on the phone

*They know what Dina's previous pattern of travel near Rady was since Max was admitted, and what her phone use was, by comparing the time in question (triangulation period), going back to when Max was admitted. This is huge-- it is possible to triangulate Dina's phone location when Rebecca was still alive, and Dina was definitively proven to be in Max's ICU cubicle. Simple enough to compare those 2 results, right? Do the reports for both times match?

Gore also does not address the presence of Dina on surveillance video OUTSIDE of the time in question-- and remember, the subpoena for the Rady video is for ALL video surveillance cameras, and goes from BEFORE Max was admitted, to after Rebecca's death. Was Dina "invisible" for that entire period, starting with Max's admission? Surely she IS seen on video prior to Rebecca's death, in the time from when Max was admitted.

They definitely know where Dina typically parked on the hospital campus, which doors she entered the facility, and her usual pattern of travel to the ICU main entrance within Rady.

ICU entrance door cameras capture everyone who enters or leaves, and there is typically more than one camera view. This is commonplace in all ICU's, and certainly commonplace in an urban tertiary care pediatric hospital. There is simply no way Dina snuck into, or out of, the ICU, or was invisible, or out of camera range when entering or leaving the unit. If she is not on any of the multiple views in all parts of the hospital, then quite simply, she wasn't there. There is no other conclusion.

Much of this is known to investigators, and will have to be explored in Dina's deposition, and in open court, if the case make it that far. Just because we don't have all this info, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41432.pdf

Items to be seized:

For the following property, to wit:

1. Camera recordings, preserved and retained at the facility by request, on DVD discs, of all the entrances to Rady Children's Hospital and Health Center, located at 3020 Children's Way, MC 5052, San Diego, from Monday, July 11th 2011, (starting 1 hour prior to admission of Maxfield Shacknai) through Wednesday, July 13th @ 0800 A.M;

=====
Where does it say all hospital surveillance? They were looking to see if DS or JS left the hospital, and that is why JS is on surveillance.
Are there other subpoenas for other tapes?

The only people that have lied about this case are the Zahaus and some of their followers. Dina's whereabouts were confirmed by LE. This case will be thrown out by the Judge, Dina will finally be vindicated, and all will know for certain that Rebecca Zahau nude suicided herself.

1. "The sheriff has determined that cell phone evidence and video cameras at the hospital confirmed that Jonah Shacknai was at the hospital standing vigil for Max the entire time when Rebecca Zahau’s suicide occurred. Video cameras at the hospital also showed Dina was there during that time period."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/10/roy*black*max*shacknai*babysitter*rebecca*za
hau*s*death*no*murder.html

2. In the audio interview of Nina Romano, she states that Dina had nurses as witnesses and was also on surveillance footage.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15145788/sister?clienttype=printable

3. In Ann Rules "Two Strange Deaths in Coronado" (written with the input of Anne Bremner and Mary Zahau), she states on page 214:

"The bicyclist must have been mistaken. Numerous witnesses place Dina in the hospital at Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night.

"She (Ann Rule) did not travel to Coronado or to Arizona, where Shacknai lives, to conduct her research, Rule said, but talked extensively with Zahau's loved ones, who believe she was killed. She also has a longtime friendship with Seattle attorney Anne Bremner, who is representing."

http://patch.com/california/coronado/celebrated*author*ann*rule*turns*her*attention*to*spraecafa

4. From A Boy Interrupted, Phoenix Magazine, Aug. 2012

"Dina says she got the news at the hospital. Jonah was sobbing. he said, Rebecca's killed herself," Dina recalls. As Dina was leaving the hospital, a Coronado police detective paid her a visit. "Are you aware of what happened?" he asked.

The detective would have confirmed at that time with the nurses that Dina had been there all night.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...u*Spreckels*Mansion*2011*Death*303178091.html

5. However, regardless of our lack of complete information thus far, I could not comment on Mr. Greer's statement as I was with my son Maxie at Rady’s Hospital in Pediatric Intensive Care, praying for his recovery, and watching him fight for his life, trying to breathe on his own while on a ventilator.”

She adds:

“It would be impossible for me to hear any disturbances at Jonah's home as I was with our son alone at a hospital miles away. As well, my sister, Nina was with her son, and our close friend, none of whom heard a disturbance as they were five blocks from Jonah's house on Ocean Blvd.

My sister and I would again publicly like to extend, for the fourth time since 2012, our offer to share all of the information we have with the Zahau’s and ask that they reciprocate. Perhaps an exchange of accurate data could help both families find answers, healing, and resolution.”

Source:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...nsion*2011*Death*303178091.html#ixzz3fL53Fpju

^ Surely you jest! Just because a suspected murderer claims innocence and says she has an alibi -- which has NEVER been proven with any incontrovertible, scientifically accepted evidence -- does not make it true.

Look forward to hearing/seeing real concrete, physical evidence beyond statements of a proven manipulative fabricator/exaggerator in the court. First Dina's deposition should be made. As AZlawyer had said in the past, if Dina has any real PROOF of an alibi for critical time period wherein Rebecca was murdered heinously and sadistically by a psychopath, Dina should have filed the Motion of Summary Judgment document already. And fact of the matter is, Dina has NOT. Hence, guilty as charged in WDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor