Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's not forget another client of the great Sitrick & Co: San Diego County

Client List - http://sitrick.com/practice/client-list

Yes, thank you. It's pretty telling that a public office, SDSO, needs to have this kind of cr** on board. If they are serving the needs of the public with impunity, would they need to resort to this kind of a firm to manipulate their actions? I think not. Refer back to K_Z's article on Sheriff Gore. Dirty stuff he's been involved in.

The thing that really keeps me going on this case is just this kind of power-mongering which we are now seeing in Phoenix's leading newspaper and slanting facts as well as giving false information. Absolutely dreadful what the Zahau's continue to be up against. I will never stop fighting for the little guy and in this instance it is the Zahau's. Bless them.

Wow, so the taxpayers paid for all of that...bet they even set up the Zahau portion of the SDSO web site. Crappy "investigation" and then pay for trying to make it look good. The taxpayers should be furious.

Yes, KittiChi you are probably correct that Sitrick & Co heavily contributed to what the sheriff knew was a ruling of suicide that would be scoffed at by anyone who had followed the case. After all, what law enforcement agency has ever put out a video re-creation of the act??

Of the 4-5 weeks (can't remember that well) that it took to announce the suicide ruling, with the obvious IMO confirmation bias at hand, I would guess the suicide ruling was decided upon by all within the first few days. The rest of that 4-5 weeks was spent spinning a response with Sitrick for public consumption.

Hopefully the Zahaus attorney Greer will investigate the process that LE went through from the spinning perspective as well. Please.

BBM - Agreed...We already have an example, Dina Shacknai is appealing the Zahau Federal Suit that was dismissed. Dina has until the 30th of this month to submit her opening brief.

Someone should tell the Arizona Republic reporter that Dina is appealing the dismissal of the federal suit. Boy, just can't make this stuff up!

Another interesting bit of info concerning PR management, if you recall, SDSO requested a media blackout the first week of Rebecca's investigation. They couldn't cover her body for 12 hours, but they could request a media blackout.

REBECCA NALEPA – HAS POLICE SECRECY HELPED THE INVESTIGATION?
JULY 20, 2011

Snip-
LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – The Rebecca Nalepa case calls into question whether police secrecy helps an investigation. Several key aspects of the Rebecca Nalepa case would normally have been released to news media by now. Instead, investigators have refused to release that information, in a case in which a beautiful, single female died in a massive mansion. Does that aid or hurt an investigation? In fact, much of the information obtained about Nalepa’s circumstances leading up to her death have not been revealed by investigators, but obtained by local news independently.

Snip - San Diego County sheriff’s investigators last week told that the case will remain on media blackout for the short term. But how long? Investigators gave no reason why this case, in particular, warrants so much secrecy.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/20/rebecca-nalepa-has-police-secrecy-helped-the-investigation/

Screecher and anyone else who was unable to read the AZ article http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...suit/81702770/, here are screencaps:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• AZ article 1.png
    AZ article 1.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 67
  • AZ article 2.png
    AZ article 2.png
    465.7 KB · Views: 69
  • AZ 3.png
    AZ 3.png
    529.2 KB · Views: 68
  • AZ 4.png
    AZ 4.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 69
FWIW, I don't believe Jonah or his PR firm had a hand in injecting his name into this article and publishing ERRONEOUS information. (See all our posts in prior WS pages). Why would Jonah purposefully inject his name into this scandal and claim he found Rebecca's hanging, nude body? Particularly because it was NOT true and it was his brother Adam who found Rebecca and he had no cause to thrust himself into such a stinking limelight. Certainly he doesn't want this scandal to follow him further.

No, it had to be the manipulative lying murderer Dina who's now aiming her rage at Jonah and trying to ruin him in public for not helping her. I can't wait until they try and convict Dina in the civil case, and the case gets reopened for Criminal charges and she gets convicted for capital murder too.
Go to :jail: Dina. Repulsive depraved murderer with no conscience or morals.

Hi Jessica :wave:

You caught the point...Why would Dina appeal the dismissal of a federal WDS brought against her? My personal opinion, an attempt to exhaust the Zahau's financially.

I'm still catching up, been moving and not able to read as often. But..this would cost Dina money too, and she's not rich right? I guess I dont see it. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but I dont see it. Dragging out lawsuits etc in an effort to cause the plaintiff to go broke is supposed to be against the law, I'm sure it's done but again I don't see that this would benefit Dina and it probably costs her more to Appeal than it does the Zahaus.

Yes this article reeks of 'reputation management' NOT true journalism.

Here's a link to the granddaddy of the art of reputation management - Sitrick & Co.

http://business.financialpost.com/n...-you-call-when-your-reputation-is-on-the-line

And here's my favorite quote from the article:

'Michael Sitrick is OK with the title of spinmeister. That is what he does, after all — though he sees it a bit differently than most people.

“You can give me a set of facts and I can write you four stories from the most negative to the most positive without changing a single fact,” says Mr. Sitrick, whose gravelly voice and jocular manner belie a reputation for bulldog tenacity.

“What I do is I use the facts to portray my client in a way that accurately reflects the situation but of course is the most favourable to my clients.”

Spin, he says, is just interpreting the facts in a certain way.'

And, BTW, this is the firm that Jonah Shacknai put into place right after Rebecca's death.

That makes me go HMMM.... I for one hate biased journalism, whether its MSM, ABC, FOX, CNN or in news papers. State the facts, dont twist the story to fit your interpretation. I've seen this type of journalism for yrs, it's rampant on television now and also in print. Things can always be twisted when your telling a story. So he is right about that it could be negative or positive. All up to the person reporting.
I've seen the same manipulation done with Independent medical evaluations, ones that are contested and not contested. With the person who is paying the Dr for the report getting the more favorable results..same patient different Dr's different results based on where the money comes from. Disgusting, but true.

the cbs8 video says "zahau was the girlfriend of homeowner adam shacknai...." and then shows adam's picture as well!

We've seen this inaccurate reporting done in several cases, usually missing children etc, bu t it happens, its called not doing your homework and rechecking your facts, I don't think this was something that was done on purpose.

Thank you bourne, so very much for doing this!

Yea, the author of this article must have been drunk when writing this. lol.

It's pretty pathetic :cow:

The "author" certainly does not deserve the title of credible journalist, that's for certain!

Basic fact checking --> #TotalFail!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not forget another client of the great Sitrick & Co: San Diego County

Client List - http://sitrick.com/practice/client-list

Having just read the statement where he says he can spin a story 4 ways, I am boiling!!

So this is where all the BS came from in both ridiculous stories on Rebecca's death and the reenactment of Max's death!! WOW, is all I can say and this man (to be polite) is Jonah and SFPD client.

After the statement he just stated, can he be subpoenaed to testify in the Zahau's trial? His bragging on his abilities should be enough to sway a jury, particularly those who thought the story, as told, was untrue. This would be a big help to the Zahau's if he can be used.

My opinions only.

Another interesting bit of info concerning PR management, if you recall, SDSO requested a media blackout the first week of Rebecca's investigation. They couldn't cover her body for 12 hours, but they could request a media blackout.

JULY 20, 2011

Snip-
LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – The Rebecca Nalepa case calls into question whether police secrecy helps an investigation. Several key aspects of the Rebecca Nalepa case would normally have been released to news media by now. Instead, investigators have refused to release that information, in a case in which a beautiful, single female died in a massive mansion. Does that aid or hurt an investigation? In fact, much of the information obtained about Nalepa’s circumstances leading up to her death have not been revealed by investigators, but obtained by local news independently.

Snip - San Diego County sheriff’s investigators last week told that the case will remain on media blackout for the short term. But how long? Investigators gave no reason why this case, in particular, warrants so much secrecy.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/07/20/rebecca-nalepa-has-police-secrecy-helped-the-investigation/

Oh my gosh, Lash! I had forgotten that. So from the moment Rebecca lay nude and uncovered that full day, IMO law enforcement was 'told' how to handle this because of its sensitivity to a prominent well-CONNECTED part time resident of San Diego. Think of the degredation of her body (sorry to be so graphic) which would only play into the muddiness of the investigation.

So, who put forth the gag order? Sheriff Gore I suspect. Who I also suspect IMO led the charge of assuring all of his minions followed his orders. Anyone that follows his career, I feel, will find him despicable - and a public servant at that. What a joke.

Counselor Greer...........please uncover the realities of what took place at the taxpayer's expense in the 'investigation' of Rebecca Zahau's death/murder. And I mean the details from ground zero to this day.

FWIW, I don't believe Jonah or his PR firm had a hand in injecting his name into this article and publishing ERRONEOUS information. (See all our posts in prior WS pages). Why would Jonah purposefully inject his name into this scandal and claim he found Rebecca's hanging, nude body? Particularly because it was NOT true and it was his brother Adam who found Rebecca and he had no cause to thrust himself into such a stinking limelight. Certainly he doesn't want this scandal to follow him further.

No, it had to be the manipulative lying murderer Dina who's now aiming her rage at Jonah and trying to ruin him in public for not helping her. I can't wait until they try and convict Dina in the civil case, and the case gets reopened for Criminal charges and she gets convicted for capital murder too.
Go to :jail: Dina. Repulsive depraved murderer with no conscience or morals.

I don't believe for one moment that Jonah Shacknai wanted his name inserted as the person who found Rebecca's body. In fact he's probably cringing as I am writing this. I think the 'journalist' is simply sloppy but still got the point across of protection of Dina, her sister and Jonah Shacknai's brother Adam. There's been a very different slant on the reporting of Rebecca's death in Phoenix compared to San Diego. Sorry, if I was misunderstood up thread.

The article is clearly a manipulated piece of "journalism," imo (with perhaps a few problems attributable to the author's incompetence as a reporter), because while the "journalist" seems to be severely fact-deficient, he certainly did a bang-up job locating and embedding the preposterous video of the "reenactment" of Rebecca's purported suicide.

JULY 20, 2011

Snip-

*Lash* - thanks so much for unearthing this - I had never seen it. :mad:

My favorite quote from the article:

BBM

Dina Shacknai's defense attorney, Kim Schumann, states in a court document that the evidence does not support the "plaintiffs' wild speculation," which is "contrary to the facts as found in the San Diego Coroner's report."

Schumann also calls the allegations in the lawsuit "salacious" and says the lawsuit is "an evil the courts should not tolerate."

The wrongful-death lawsuit is not the family's first attempt. Last year, they brought their case before a federal judge, who dismissed the lawsuit.

So much for all the speculation that Kim Schumann was no longer willing to work with victim, Dina Shacknai. Clearly, he is still very much involved and Ms. Shacknai will be vindicated before this is all over.

I am looking forward to the Zahaus being exposed for what they truly are: unscupulous people willing to try to frame innocent people who lost a sweet, little boy due to Rebecca Zahau, in order to make $10 Million dollars.

If she was murdered, why all the drama associated with the death scene? Hung from balcony naked, hands and feet bound, writing on the door. There's much more efficient ways of killing someone without all the extra aspects associated with this scene.

Are we thinking she was killed with an attempt to make it look like a suicide or just killed and left hanging with ligatures without an attempt to make it look like a suicide?

If it's the former, the ligatures point away from suicide because who goes through the trouble of tying their own hands and feet before hanging themselves. very few I would think.

The cryptic note on the door, hanging nude from the balcony, the ligatures, the shirt around the head area, btw imo, it's there to give the impression that you wouldn't have heard any screams because they would have been muffled, all this along with the lack of evidence to the contrary points to a suicide staged to look like a homicide.

This kabuki trick fooled many people but not the ones who count, Law enforcement.

I'm willing to be wrong.

Law enforcement was not wrong and neither are you.

:goodpost: and welcome to the thread!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back