Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW, I don't believe Jonah or his PR firm had a hand in injecting his name into this article and publishing ERRONEOUS information. (See all our posts in prior WS pages). Why would Jonah purposefully inject his name into this scandal and claim he found Rebecca's hanging, nude body? Particularly because it was NOT true and it was his brother Adam who found Rebecca and he had no cause to thrust himself into such a stinking limelight. Certainly he doesn't want this scandal to follow him further.

No, it had to be the manipulative lying murderer Dina who's now aiming her rage at Jonah and trying to ruin him in public for not helping her. I can't wait until they try and convict Dina in the civil case, and the case gets reopened for Criminal charges and she gets convicted for capital murder too.
Go to :jail: Dina. Repulsive depraved murderer with no conscience or morals.

Yes, I'm with you on this. This article seems to have a definite Dina - style spin to it. From inserting Jonah ' s name and including the bogus SDSO re-creation video to falsely quoting the Zahau ' s attorney saying RZ killed Max. Whaaa?

Too many slanted mistakes to attribute it solely to bad reporting.

but why would adam be requesting media coverage? any ideas?

I'd like to know that too..if he is supposedly guilty of something why would he request coverage also? Doesnt seem to make sense to me.

I'd like to know that too..if he is supposedly guilty of something why would he request coverage also? Doesnt seem to make sense to me.

Likely because Adam, like the other defendants, has attorneys who have developed some kind of media/PR strategy. Not an expert in that area, but it seems most defense attorneys in these kinds of cases try to shape public opinion in a way that favors their client.

ETA- Just reading up on it online, this is common practice, especially in well known cases. Some think media coverage can help defense attorneys gain insight into the Plaintiff attorneys strategies.

I think the media got the advance Tentative Ruling (that came out Thursday afternoon) from the court or attorneys, and decided to be at the hearing last Friday to cover it.

I also think this is a preview of the demand for media coverage of the upcoming hearings and trial. I think this story is big news, and the public have a lot of interest in seeing it through. An awful lot of people were stunned, and strongly disagreed with the suicide finding. Most people who comment here and elsewhere feel strongly she did not die from a suicide.

BBM. Absolutely!

^^correct, public sentiment from day one has aligned with murder. And it kicked off with LE and the coroner's office really screwing up by IMO purposely leaving Rebecca's uncovered and unshielded body on the lawn for the better part of half a day. I believe the statement made by that action precipitated the investigation to follow with such confirmation bias. Truly terrible.

Lots of misinformation and skewed prejudicial junk written about Rebecca and her family. We know it's Dina who promulgated the errors and that the first commenter is obviously Dina herself disguised in fake profile as someone else.

I agree that Dina is less than upfront or honest but how is it "obvious" that the first poster is her? I see only two comments and the first one looks legit when you click on the photo - unless of course the post you are referring to is no longer visible.

2. "Zahau was found by her boyfriend, former Medicis Pharmaceuticals CEO and Paradise Valley resident Jonah Shacknai,

Freudian slip? I've wondered more than once why Jonah didn't show up at the mansion - wouldn't it be something if he walked in on or even help set up the cover up of the staged "suicide"?!!

This article is unbelievably biased and horribly written. I'm surprised it didn't get a lot of comments - maybe there were letters to the editor?

Lots of misinformation and skewed prejudicial junk written about Rebecca and her family. We know it's Dina who promulgated the errors and that the first commenter is obviously Dina herself disguised in fake profile as someone else.

I agree that Dina is less than upfront or honest but how is it "obvious" that the first poster is her? I see only two comments and the first one looks legit when you click on the photo - unless of course the post you are referring to is no longer visible.

I also get the feeling that anyone that defends Dina must be Dina because any of her friends you would think would want to see real evidence of where she was that night. It is just so odd and telling that Dina has not given proof of where she was. I would want to know that of someone no matter how close they are.

Maybe he will turn on the Romano sisters and cop a plea.

Wouldn't that be interesting!

This is just my own musing but...One scenario I have wondered about was what if Dina & Nina were the responsible parties and Adam wasn't originally involved but "discovered" their torture of Rebecca in progress. I don't know what, if any, relationship he had had with Dina while she and Jonah were married. Maybe they liked each other and were friends, I don't know. I wonder if she could have convinced Adam to "help them" - or maybe D & N got carried away and Rebecca died under their interogration and they turned to Adam for help in covering up a murder. (my primary evidence to his involvement is simple - proximity, nautical knots, and his weird discovery of her body) My point is, if his involvement was an 'after thought' it's possible he has no real allegiance to the sisters. I think he was involved and that's why Jonah didn't pursue the case; he was trying to protect his brother. Now after so many years could Adam see the pain this has caused so many people - the Zahaus, his brother etc. Could his conscience have gotten to him?

Just my own musings... but I find it a very interesting turn of events that he wants the trial publicized.

Wouldn't that be interesting!

This is just my own musing but...One scenario I have wondered about was what if Dina & Nina were the responsible parties and Adam wasn't originally involved but "discovered" their torture of Rebecca in progress. I don't know what, if any, relationship he had had with Dina while she and Jonah were married. Maybe they liked each other and were friends, I don't know. I wonder if she could have convinced Adam to "help them" - or maybe D & N got carried away and Rebecca died under their interogration and they turned to Adam for help in covering up a murder. (my primary evidence to his involvement is simple - proximity, nautical knots, and his weird discovery of her body) My point is, if his involvement was an 'after thought' it's possible he has no real allegiance to the sisters. I think he was involved and that's why Jonah didn't pursue the case; he was trying to protect his brother. Now after so many years could Adam see the pain this has caused so many people - the Zahaus, his brother etc. Could his conscience have gotten to him?

Just my own musings... but I find it a very interesting turn of events that he wants the trial publicized.

More musing but could Adam use the Ambien defense? He readily admitted that he took an Ambien didn't he? With top lawyers that Jonah has no doubt set up for him he could actually be successful with that defense. Things are really going to get interesting from here on out.

I also get the feeling that anyone that defends Dina must be Dina because any of her friends you would think would want to see real evidence of where she was that night. It is just so odd and telling that Dina has not given proof of where she was. I would want to know that of someone no matter how close they are.

I can promise you I am not Dina...although I defend her as I do not think she killed Rebecca. And I am not her friend....as in I have never met the woman. I just think it seems crazy to believe that she did something like Kill Rebecca, and it gets even crazier when you put Nina and Adam in the scenerio. I'll give you that her Suicide was odd, and if she did that to herself in that way it was to try and frame someone for murder IMO. I also feel little Max's death is odd and did not occur how the police sketch shows, it defies gravity. So maybe we have a mansion that deals out the most crazy deaths or something else is going on.
I will admit that one thing that has struck me as weird from day one, and perhaps it is because I am a woman. Maybe men would not react the same but....when Adam finds Rebecca hanging outside her balcony he assumes she has committed suicide. As a woman I would have freaked out when I realized her hands were bound behind her back and she was gagged, I would have then assumed Murder and been beside myself with fear wondering if killer was still in the area and would have been torn if I needed to try to get off the property ASAP or if I needed to go back into my guest house and hide out and call police. I probably would not have cut her down. (Sorry to say) but I think I would have just been afraid and wanting to leave the area asap.
Just wanted to add: RE friends requesting evidence. I actually think if someone is truly friends with someone, they dont request evidence they just believe them, I mean that is what friends do right? Again I'm not friends with Dina, never met her in my life but I would not do that to my friend because you just dont. I mean if your husband says he did or didn't do something do you require evidence of it or do you just trust him that he is telling you the truth?

^^ Sweet T, the poster I was responding to was indicating a person in the comments section of the article so I was not speaking directly to you or necessarily all defenders of Dina on this forum. But you have answered generally to your position on a "friends" reaction and I understand it. I, however, wouldn't put my husband in the same category as a friend but, still, I might still have questions and want to be shown the facts just the same - even with my husband. That is my personality though. I guess that's why I am on a crime forum :blushing:

Just to be clear I did not post the comment that "I also get the feeling that anyone that defends Dina must be Dina" I believe it was Justice be Served. I did ask why Justice thought a particular comment in the AZ newspaper article was made by Dina herself. This all gets confusing sometimes when we quote posts and whatnot.

Personally, I still have so many questions about the events that took place in the mansion during that one week period! I so hope it goes to Court and the truth is revealed. I do not fully understand Max's accident, (though I lean toward him having gone over the railing WITH his scooter in hand and it being purely an accident) but I believe that incident did enrage Dina to the point of confrontation which resulted in murder. I believe siblings got involved and events escalated out of control. I believe there was a dismal attempt at damage control by making her death look like a suicide. I believe it's possible that there was further damage control because again a sibling tried to protect another sibling (and boy "money talks") and I think the LE higher ups were bought off. I don't believe, in this day and age, that police could actually be so inept as the handling of this case illustrates. In my mind it has have been a poorly executed coverup.

But the true details have yet to be discovered. I think the best shot of that happening is if Adam talks and I hope he does. Does anyone know what he has been doing during the past few years? I had read that he lived in meager circumstances prior to the incident (which I find terribly odd given he had a millionaire brother) but that his lot in life improved considerably after Rebecca's death, any truth to that? What was the relationship between Adam and Jonah like before Max's accident? Were they ever close? Was Adam a regular visitor to Jonah's house? Why did he rush so quickly to Ca after the accident? Are there other Shacknai relatives (siblings, parents etc.)?

So very many unanswered questions...

If you were innocent of any involovement in Rebecca's death, as Adam is, wouldn't you want the world to know that the charges against you are bogus and the Zahaus are trying to frame you just because your brother has tons of cash? I know I would.

And it looks like the next events that are coming up are ones that will show how the Zahaus have no evidence, just a fabricated story picked out from these threads. I would certainly want the media to know that.

Hopeully, the media will cover the depostions where the Zahaus have to answer all those questions they refused to answer. The ones that show they have simply put this case together with all of the rumors that have been spread by their followers.

08/05/2016 11:00 AM C-69 Discovery Hearing
11/04/2016 01:10 AM C-69 Motion Hearing (Civil) - Motion for Protective Order
01/13/2017 01:30 PM C-69 Summary Judgment / Summary Adjudication (Civil)

That is not logical at all. And I can assure you I am not Dina, although I know many of you allude that I am. You are as wrong about that as you are about Rebecca Zahau being murdered.

Dina has given her proof of where she was that night - at Radys with her dying 6-year old child. She gave it to Law Enforcement, and the Zahaus will look like the money hungry liars they are when it all comes out.

I've always suspected that some of the adamant supporters are LE. Because, let's face it, if Dina et al are found responsible then a huge spotlight will be shone on the investigation (or lack there of). Those associated from an investigative angle have a lot of skin in the game. If the Zahaus win the lawsuit, then I would think LE would be next for a botched (or biased) investigation. IMO

Just to be clear I did not post the comment that "I also get the feeling that anyone that defends Dina must be Dina" I believe it was Justice be Served. I did ask why Justice thought a particular comment in the AZ newspaper article was made by Dina herself. This all gets confusing sometimes when we quote posts and whatnot.

Personally, I still have so many questions about the events that took place in the mansion during that one week period! I so hope it goes to Court and the truth is revealed. I do not fully understand Max's accident, (though I lean toward him having gone over the railing WITH his scooter in hand and it being purely an accident) but I believe that incident did enrage Dina to the point of confrontation which resulted in murder. I believe siblings got involved and events escalated out of control. I believe there was a dismal attempt at damage control by making her death look like a suicide. I believe it's possible that there was further damage control because again a sibling tried to protect another sibling (and boy "money talks") and I think the LE higher ups were bought off. I don't believe, in this day and age, that police could actually be so inept as the handling of this case illustrates. In my mind it has have been a poorly executed coverup.

But the true details have yet to be discovered. I think the best shot of that happening is if Adam talks and I hope he does. Does anyone know what he has been doing during the past few years? I had read that he lived in meager circumstances prior to the incident (which I find terribly odd given he had a millionaire brother) but that his lot in life improved considerably after Rebecca's death, any truth to that? What was the relationship between Adam and Jonah like before Max's accident? Were they ever close? Was Adam a regular visitor to Jonah's house? Why did he rush so quickly to Ca after the accident? Are there other Shacknai relatives (siblings, parents etc.)?

So very many unanswered questions...

As far as the accident--we have one of those open foyers with the railings, obviously not as grand as the Coronado mansion, but I walked out of the bathroom after a 3 minute pee break once to see my then five year old son standing on the OUTSIDE edge of the railing upstairs, inching along. I managed to not shriek and scare him into falling but walked up the stairs and lifted him back over and then started freaking out.

Once I was at a children's museum which had multiple levels and had to grab a little girl who was trying to climb up the railing which happened to be 3 floors up. Delivered her to her father who was on the phone. Kids just have no concept of danger and do the weirdest things that they see on TV or whatever. Obviously accidents happen all the time without willful malfeasance on the part of the parents. I never thought I would have to tell my son "by the way, don't climb over that railing while I'm answering the call of nature."

I don't like these open foyers at all, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back