WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if living in a rural area, hours from the nearest major city, has an affect on a case's media coverage? If a child went missing from the DC area, even if the national media didn't pick up the story, just being reported all over the DC news would get the story out to millions of people, and be a fair amount of coverage.

But one would think that the local news there would be all over this...and they're not.

I hate thinking this, but what comes to mind with the 'media silence' is along the lines of Ethan Stacy. All that comes to mind is LE doing far more interviewing than searching right now, and it is an awful thought and an awful feeling.

The media attention being given this three year old is equivilant to repeat missing teenage runaways, and I can't believe it is due to being a weekend. Media also needs to be given info from LE to report, so why isn't LE pushing for more media?

I already want to know who outside of family, or the family living in that home, last say Aliayah. If she has siblings, what do they have to say?

On the other hand, we could all be wrong, she could have been found safe and media is slow to report it.

Praying for this little one, that she comes home safely and soon.

Well, college football and all...:(

Yeah, they are all over the WVU v. LSU game on the local news' website I went on. LSU is #2, playing at West Virginia, and ESPN Gameday is there, which is a huge deal in the college football world. I definitely think Aliayah's case is going to get overshadowed by that game.

ETA: Since everyone in WV will be watching the game, which is on ABC, wouldn't it useful if they were able to mention Aliayah's disappearance during it? Like a scroll during the game at the bottom of the screen?

If LE isn't putting out some version of an AA, are they looking to the family, I wonder...

More coverage about wvu kids getting their couches taken away than on this missing girl. Typical for our local news coverage. Looks like WBOY removed the story. They do that sometimes when they are updating a story but I don't see any updates.

DO NOT sleuth family members that are not named in MSM!!!

More coverage about wvu kids getting their couches taken away than on this missing girl. Typical for our local news coverage. Looks like WBOY removed the story. They do that sometimes when they are updating a story but I don't see any updates.

Has she been found? Not seeing anything on that site now at all...weird.

So she has been missing more than 12 hours and this seems to warrant a blurb after the top story of W. Va at LSU...

It's getting dark here in WV. Damp and chilly outside. I hope she's found and the media just hasn't picked up on it yet!

MOO 6:30 am is a weird last time to see a child, unless mom or dad got up to use the bathroom and peeked in at her in bed...

Nothing on the regional news sites. That is a bad sign. Police must think she's still in the area if they aren't contacting news outside of the two local channels. Or they are slacking on the job, which happens also. I've never seen such poor news coverage on a missing child.

MOO 6:30 am is a weird last time to see a child, unless mom or dad got up to use the bathroom and peeked in at her in bed...

It is a strange last time to see a child. Doesn't lend to thinking along the lines of a custody dispute.

No mention of whether or not there were visitors who stayed the night or late.

No mention if the siblings are older and perhaps the younger child went out with older siblings.

Nothing on the regional news sites. That is a bad sign. Police must think she's still in the area if they aren't contacting news outside of the two local channels. Or they are slacking on the job, which happens also. I've never seen such poor news coverage on a missing child.

We don't know which media LE has contacted. We only know which media has decided to report it.

We don't know which media LE has contacted. We only know which media has decided to report it.

Yes, but this is a child. I can see media choosing not to report missing adults, but children?

On a non MSM note, I wonder if there is a reverse 911 in the area where local LE sends out calls to all in the area when an emergency such as this occurs.

We've even had reverse 911 calls received at 3am with downed live power lines due to bad storms.

Hopefully this area uses a reverse 911 system.

Well, the whole of W. Va is about to be plopped down in front of the TV watching the game in about 15 minutes, so that would be the ideal place for the news to be run on the ticker, i.e.

JMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member