WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost Dest June 28, 2010 and I miss her more than words could ever describe. Since she was killed, I have TRIED to dream of her, and couldn't. Last night, I dreamed that Destiny and Aliayah were trying on clothes and just laughing!! I am positive that if Aliayah is in heaven today, she has a good friend to take care of her. :(

I hope everyone has a safe and very Happy New Year's. Please don't drink and drive!!

Aliayah--my thoughts are all wrapped around you today. I wish you could know how many hearts you have touched. And how many people love you.

Same wishes to you and yours. :seeya: best wishes for a 2012 that's safe and rich with healing.

This Michael Plumadore had FB friends in Weston?? This is a creepy coincidence?? I hope they check it out and everyone he had any connection with.
Aliayah, you are in my thoughts so much. Each day, I hope that we hear something that brings us closer to finding you. You will not be forgotten; somehow, someway justice will come and who ever hurt you will suffer.

OMG I didn't know this! Aliayah you are in my heart and prays everyday.

It's been more than three months since three year old Aliayah Lunsford was reported missing. Three months of searching for the little girl, with nothing found. But a group of people are still looking for her and hope to bring her home.

"It's on my mind constantly. I have a daughter and when I first heard it, I thought, 'I gotta get out there and help do my part, try," said Dennis Mazza of Bridgeport.

Mazza was a part of one of the first search teams for Aliayah. Months later, he is still helping with the effort along with dozens of other dedicated volunteers.

"The community's getting stronger. There's a lot of people that are interested in searching for her and they don't want it to stop, and we're not going to stop. We're not gonna back down until she is found and brought home one way or another," said Tina Green, who helped organize the search
http://www.wdtv.com/index.php/compo...2/11324-search-for-aliayah-lunsford-continues

Thanks everyone that searched for Aliayah!! This is great knowing that there are still people willing to get out there and look for her!! YAY!!!

I don't understand why they would even entertain the idea of a plea bargain in this case. Of course, these days I don't understand ANYTHING :(

I am sorry Aliayah, that the adults that surrounded you -FAILED you -they failed to keep you safe......:banghead:

Doesn't say plea bargain... this is just a hearing to enter a plea... guilty or not guilty... of the federal charges.

---Uhoh-----wonders if you are teaching public speaking or criminal justice classes...:floorlaugh: (if so----we can just ride together-i will buy the gas) lol!!

I hope that Federal hearings are open to the public, I have never been to one-but would love to go!!

The hearing on the 10th is for LL to plead guilty to one charge of selling SNAP benefits. It is open to the public, and several of us will be there to ask LL and RL about Aliayah when they leave court.

The hearing on the 10th is for LL to plead guilty to one charge of selling SNAP benefits. It is open to the public, and several of us will be there to ask LL and RL about Aliayah when they leave court.

:tyou::yourock:

And in exchange for her one guilty plea-they drop the rest. :(. I am SO excited that you are goin to be there!! I will be with you in spirit!! Thanks again, for all you do! :)

Am I losing my mind-or didn't she plead NOT guilty earlier (or by her attorney to these same charges)?

Where are you baby girl? There are so many people here that care about you and just want to know that you are in a safe, comfortable place.

This Michael Plumadore had FB friends in Weston?? This is a creepy coincidence?? I hope they check it out and everyone he had any connection with.
Aliayah, you are in my thoughts so much. Each day, I hope that we hear something that brings us closer to finding you. You will not be forgotten; somehow, someway justice will come and who ever hurt you will suffer.

Has this been confirmed? Does Michael Plumadore have connections to Weston? Or was this just speculation?

I guess she's changed her plea. I wonder if the person who she sold the stamps to refused to testify as to not incriminate herself. I've looked at similiar food stamp fraud cases over the last year. A plea deal like this is very common and people rarely do any time. Mostly supervised release. A quick google search will bring up lots of cases but most of them are stores commiting fraud by accepting food stamps for non-food items. Either this isn't as big of a problem as I thought, or it just isn't prosecuted that much?

I guess she's changed her plea. I wonder if the person who she sold the stamps to refused to testify as to not incriminate herself. I've looked at similiar food stamp fraud cases over the last year. A plea deal like this is very common and people rarely do any time. Mostly supervised release. A quick google search will bring up lots of cases but most of them are stores commiting fraud by accepting food stamps for non-food items. Either this isn't as big of a problem as I thought, or it just isn't prosecuted that much?

BBM

Skip - it's a rant...

I'm betting that our perp didn't invent this creative exchange, so I'm guessing it just isn't prosecuted much. Guess there are much bigger issues. (but lots of pennies, nickels and dime still add up to lots of dollars, eh? - to those of the younger generation that discard change!)

- still receiving benefits if children are still in the home, and perp released under supervision? Guess they will send someone to the grocery store with them to account for the $$? NOT

Sorry, sarcasm here not aimed at the messenger, I know the courts are full, and social services etc are overwhelmed, but why don't they receive some sort of punishment?

In a perfect set-up, the funds should be able to be shuffled per needs, for example, if food situation good this month, transfer directly to pay for their rent since it's often subsidized - and not only for food. Unfortunately, from what I understand (and it's limited) the agencies are so far separated it would never happen. I know this wouldn't help those trading food for drugs, but those who do this out of need, maybe.

The children shouldn't be punished by taking away or reducing benefits, but the perp should be other than a slap on the hands. Although I guess it's a trickle-down-effect. If they put receiver in jail, then care must be found for children which = more dollars states don't have to spend. What about delayed sentence after children are grown and out of the home? (I know, I know - ridiculous, but....it might give them something to not look forward to, and may deter others)

Sorry - just get disgusted to work hard every day to pay for benefits for children that they never receive, while mom and dad do nothing but hold out their hands, and all the while training their children how to do the same. :furious: I don't know any specifics, but it appears lately that looking for a job isn't even a requirement. :rolleyes:

Seems there should be some way that this vicious cycle is broken. I have some great suggestions, but would be crucified instantly for them, I'm sure. I know not all abuse their benefits, and I'm so glad the benefits are there for them and their children, but many do from what I've been exposed to. So political correctness, etc... :banghead:

OK -I'll stop my rambling and step down off of my soapbox on my hard-earned day off.

Happy New Year to all, and Aliayah, where are you honey?
we want you home. :innocent:

BBM

Skip - it's a rant...

I'm betting that our perp didn't invent this creative exchange, so I'm guessing it just isn't prosecuted much. Guess there are much bigger issues. (but lots of pennies, nickels and dime still add up to lots of dollars, eh? - to those of the younger generation that discard change!)

- still receiving benefits if children are still in the home, and perp released under supervision? Guess they will send someone to the grocery store with them to account for the $$? NOT

Sorry, sarcasm here not aimed at the messenger, I know the courts are full, and social services etc are overwhelmed, but why don't they receive some sort of punishment?

In a perfect set-up, the funds should be able to be shuffled per needs, for example, if food situation good this month, transfer directly to pay for their rent since it's often subsidized - and not only for food. Unfortunately, from what I understand (and it's limited) the agencies are so far separated it would never happen. I know this wouldn't help those trading food for drugs, but those who do this out of need, maybe.

The children shouldn't be punished by taking away or reducing benefits, but the perp should be other than a slap on the hands. Although I guess it's a trickle-down-effect. If they put receiver in jail, then care must be found for children which = more dollars states don't have to spend. What about delayed sentence after children are grown and out of the home? (I know, I know - ridiculous, but....it might give them something to not look forward to, and may deter others)

Sorry - just get disgusted to work hard every day to pay for benefits for children that they never receive, while mom and dad do nothing but hold out their hands, and all the while training their children how to do the same. :furious: I don't know any specifics, but it appears lately that looking for a job isn't even a requirement. :rolleyes:

Seems there should be some way that this vicious cycle is broken. I have some great suggestions, but would be crucified instantly for them, I'm sure. I know not all abuse their benefits, and I'm so glad the benefits are there for them and their children, but many do from what I've been exposed to. So political correctness, etc... :banghead:

OK -I'll stop my rambling and step down off of my soapbox on my hard-earned day off.

Happy New Year to all, and Aliayah, where are you honey?
we want you home. :innocent:

I couldn't skip this and thanks wasn't enough!! I totally agree with your post! And I agree about teaching the children just EXACTLY how to work the system...imo Lena was taught very well!! IMO Lena and Ralph should be FORCED to work to REPAY the benefits they took from their children AND the government. But we all know that won't happen.

Thank God for KARMA!

Aliayah-you are always in my thoughts and on my mind.

I couldn't skip this and thanks wasn't enough!! I totally agree with your post! And I agree about teaching the children just EXACTLY how to work the system...imo Lena was taught very well!! IMO Lena and Ralph should be FORCED to work to REPAY the benefits they took from their children AND the government. But we all know that won't happen.

Thank God for KARMA!

Aliayah-you are always in my thoughts and on my mind.

I would like to add my agreement with the OP as well. Fraud does add up! I have been given many advantages in life, but I think I can honestly say that I've also worked and am working very hard to maximize them or feel worthy of them. And i have seen my parents, and rheir parents before them, work like he!! To give me those advantages. There is nothing in this whole world that I loathe more than a cheat or a leech!!!

:bump:
We are all thinking of you, sweetie! Praying daily that those who failed you get exactly what they deserve...and nothing less!

This may have been discussed before but did anyone call CPS before Aliayah went missing? If so, did CPS do anything? I think I read in this thread that all the kids were subject to abuse but Aliayah got the brunt of it. So sad. I see her pictures and want to cry. She looks so sad :(. The one with the bruise on her face makes me sick to my stomach!!! Precious Aliayah, I am so sorry that all of this happened to you! You should have been protected and nurtured!

I'm finding it hard to believe it's a New Year already and still.....nothing, no word, no Aliayah.:maddening::furious: Instead of succumbing to fury I'll just keep praying for her, and hoping that there is still something called real justice here in West Virginia. This is a great state to live in in a lot of ways, but then there's plenty negative as this case shows plainly. One of the national news shows did a story on the most intriguing missing persons cases of 2011 and Aliayah was one of them, along with Baby Lisa, Sky Metalwala, Ayla Reynolds, and Jhessye Stockley. Not much but at least it was good to see Aliayah's case recognized by a wider audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member