WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to say, that actions during a time like this don't necessarily define someone's character.

I know for a fact - more than one of my family members would virtually "shut down" if something tragic like this would happen in our family. They're not public speakers, and grieve quietly in the privacy of their own home. We've had tragic young deaths before, that's exactly what happened.

Yet, we do have family members that are trailblazers - it's a nice mix actually. Yes, there's been friction over the woulda, coulda, shoulda things, but that's family for you.

We do have a similar (slightly different, no lengthy criminal histories) situation in our extended family. Multiple children, two parents semi-competent to take care of them yet they keep having them. (Grandma and grandpa were there to help and give lots of love along the way, but finally had to step back). The house isn't the cleanest, and the children aren't the best dressed,and they have wild haircuts probably given to them by siblings "practicing with scissors".

They have dirty faces, wear a jumble of mixed-up, ill-fitting clothes and sizes, and to all from the outside, the children would seem neglected. They're really not, and those kids have NO IDEA that they're supposed to be unhappy because things aren't like the rest of us think they should be. (myself included) They're wild, smart, uninhibited, and creative and yes they are unconventional.

There were times that there wasn't a lot of food in the house, that's when we as family stepped in. There were loss of jobs, and poor choices (beer vs milk etc...) were made. That's when CPS stepped in, split up the family and mom and dad went to jail. THEN the children were unhappy.

So, I try to keep this in the back of my mind when discussing the situation at hand. A handful of snapshots out of someone's life may not represent things accurately. (literally and figuratively)

I'd like to think that Aliayah and her siblings *might* have been perfectly happy. That there really wasn't anything glaringly obvious that should have been reported to CPS that might have prevented this.

....I keep remembering the story about her pretty pink shoes, and hope against hope she'll have another pair in the future.

Ok, stepping down off my soap box now - :whiteflag:

I've got to say, that actions during a time like this don't necessarily define someone's character.

I know for a fact - more than one of my family members would virtually "shut down" if something tragic like this would happen in our family. They're not public speakers, and grieve quietly in the privacy of their own home. We've had tragic young deaths before, that's exactly what happened.

Yet, we do have family members that are trailblazers - it's a nice mix actually. Yes, there's been friction over the woulda, coulda, shoulda things, but that's family for you.

We do have a similar (slightly different, no lengthy criminal histories) situation in our extended family. Multiple children, two parents semi-competent to take care of them yet they keep having them. (Grandma and grandpa were there to help and give lots of love along the way, but finally had to step back). The house isn't the cleanest, and the children aren't the best dressed,and they have wild haircuts probably given to them by siblings "practicing with scissors".

They have dirty faces, wear a jumble of mixed-up, ill-fitting clothes and sizes, and to all from the outside, the children would seem neglected. They're really not, and those kids have NO IDEA that they're supposed to be unhappy because things aren't like the rest of us think they should be. (myself included) They're wild, smart, uninhibited, and creative and yes they are unconventional.

There were times that there wasn't a lot of food in the house, that's when we as family stepped in. There were loss of jobs, and poor choices (beer vs milk etc...) were made. That's when CPS stepped in, split up the family and mom and dad went to jail. THEN the children were unhappy.

So, I try to keep this in the back of my mind when discussing the situation at hand. A handful of snapshots out of someone's life may not represent things accurately. (literally and figuratively)

I'd like to think that Aliayah and her siblings *might* have been perfectly happy. That there really wasn't anything glaringly obvious that should have been reported to CPS that might have prevented this.

....I keep remembering the story about her pretty pink shoes, and hope against hope she'll have another pair in the future.

Ok, stepping down off my soap box now - :whiteflag:

Thank you for sharing what has happened with your family. You have made a very good point. Children love their parents...no matter what. As they grow into adults, they begin to understand the abuse, but as children, they just love their parents.

Missing Tot's Mom Faces New Charges
http://www.westondemocrat.com/news.html (scrolldown for story)
The mother of the missing toddler from Weston will be heading back to court on Monday to keep herself out of jail.
Lena Lunsford will attend a bond revocation hearing to answer to charges of being in violation of her bond requirements on charges of welfare fraud.
also from story
Bowen and other extended family members and friends are participating in the Weston Christmas parade with possibly a float but definitely walking with a banner and giving out candy, purple ribbons and flyers with information on the toddler's disappearance and contact information to report anything concerning Aliayah's whereabouts.

Before my day gets busy with family and giving thanks for my many blessings I wanted to come and bump Aliayah's new thread. I wish we had no need of a new thread and that news was coming in so fast there was no need for bumping. But as the need exists for both, I felt it important.

I pray Aliayah is found safe soon and this is the last holiday she spends away from her family. Vickie you and your family are in my prayers I hope you all find comfort in each other as I'm sure it's hard every day but especially holidays. (((HUGS)))

God Bless You, precious little Aliayah. I pray if you're with someone, that you have the best Thanksgiving EVER and that you're surrounded by people who shower you with love and kindness. Although you are not my daughter, I love you just the same. Your absence pains THOSE THAT LOVE YOU more than words can tell.

Vickie, Randy, Jesse, Tina...God Bless You and Yours. May God walk with you through this parade and may He guide someone to bring you the words we ALL long to hear about Aliayah that will bring her back to THOSE THAT LOVE HER!

bumping my little sad eyed sweet pea.

Bumping for Aliayah.

Hoping to hear from the locals/family/msm about the parade.

Where are you Aliayah? Help us find you!!

While spending time with my own family on Thanksgiving and feeling blessed; my minds still wonders where you are Aliayah. I pray that you will have justice in this cruel world; where too many children are mistreated and disappear. Just a note, to say that you are not forgotten little Aliayah.

TWO MONTHS SINCE DISAPPEARANCE
Aliayah Lunsford Disappearance Marks Two Months; New Website Created

Thursday marks two months since Aliayah Lunsford, 3, disappeared from her home in Bendale in Lewis County.

Now one man is on a mission to get her story out to as many people as possible.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/111124_7497.shtml

Sweet Babygirl I cried for you today. I was hopin and prayin with all that I have for you to be safe, warm and loved. Your precious angel face stole my heart the second I saw your sad eyes. How I wish that the ones who love you here could have the opportunity to spoil you like all little princesses should be. Tonight I will fall asleep as I have so many nights with prayers for you fillin my heart. Dear God please don't let this beautiful baby be one of those sad "concrete angels" that only got attention too little too late. Please intercede on her behalf and keep this truly innocent one safe in your care. Amen.

Still hoping and praying that Aliayah will be found alive and well. Hoping against all odds. We love you little girl.

The family members were in the Christmas parade carrying a banner displaying Aliayah missing poster and had purple bands that read "We won't stop looking~Aliayah missing 9/24/11. God bless Aunt Vicky and the other family member for taking the time to do this.
Praying for some kind of closure for this angel.
The link to the page:http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/find-aliayah.html

Breaks my heart that Aliayah has not been found. Show us the way Baby Girl!

Sweet little Aliayah. We love you, and send you baby kisses. We need a sign to find you and bring you back to those who care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member