WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hinky meter went off too. Hopefully it could be something as simple as Joe Nick's people skills are better than LE's and he can be more effective in getting information or the fact that he is not LE keeps her from being as defensive with him. I guess at this point all we can do is watch and wait to see how this turns out.

Deep Breath. That was my gut reaction. I'm bad about reading something and reacting to it immediately. After taking a time out, I've found a small piece of my heart that is willing to believe that the grandmother has good intentions.

Small, but it's there.

Deep Breath. That was my gut reaction. I'm bad about reading something and reacting to it immediately. After taking a time out, I've found a small piece of my heart that is willing to believe that the grandmother has good intentions.

Small, but it's there.

I also wonder why Joanne has had a change of heart, but we don't really know to what capacity she is helping, anyway. Maybe Vickie was finally able to wake her up a bit? Wishful thinking...?

I don't think we know the extent to which anybody is helping the searchers. It might just mean giving basic information about locations that might be worth a search, or it might be more. I'm in the 'wait and watch' crowd on this, too.

Article from today.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...ch-for-Aliayah-Lunsford-New-Reward-Offered652

"A dog has revitalized the citizen search for Aliayah Lunsford. Both the dog and search team have an impeccable track record of finding missing people. The searchers were called in by Aliayah's extended family to get fresh legs on the ground and physically search for the missing girl."

"There is a new reward being offered from an unidentified person for information leading to the recovery of Aliayah. The fresh group of searchers is working with FBI and local law enforcement, as well as Aliayah's grandmother to try and find any clues."

Some of this is good news. I have been loosely following social media threads in this case and there has been chatter for three months to get the searcher known as Joe Nick the Bloodhound to come search for Aliayah. He does his searches free of charge and according to his website, he only had one case where he couldn't track successfully.

So, why don't I think that this entire article is good news? Joe has been talked about extensively on those Facebook threads. All the locals and family members alike (as it well -known that the frequent those pages) will know how successful he is.

So, then why is that now of all times has Joann (Aliayah's maternal grandmother) decided to help in any way with searches? My hinky meter was going off left and right. Is possible that she is trying to throw off the search team? For example, give the dogs and search team a false scent to follow, perhaps of a sibling. I don't think that this immediate family wants her found.

Am I crazy? Does anyone else find the new involvement of the grandmother suspect?

Wonderful article! Please bring our Aliayah Home!

No STone, I definitely am there with you. Even if she didn't know anything from the beginning, I would not let her search.

Breaking News:

from
http://www.wboy.com/story/16698582/...eteran-starts-new-search-for-aliayah-lunsford

"Maps at the headquarters also show a bone was found at some point near Roanoke."

"Nick said he has spoken to Aliayah's grandmother, but has left unreturned messages for Aliayah's mother and stepfather, Lena and Ralph Lunsford."

"Nick said the W.Va. State Police and FBI are cooperating with him and that he's offering his services in exchange for food and gas."

Breaking News:

from
http://www.wboy.com/story/16698582/...eteran-starts-new-search-for-aliayah-lunsford

"Maps at the headquarters also show a bone was found at some point near Roanoke."

"Nick said he has spoken to Aliayah's grandmother, but has left unreturned messages for Aliayah's mother and stepfather, Lena and Ralph Lunsford."

"Nick said the W.Va. State Police and FBI are cooperating with him and that he's offering his services in exchange for food and gas."

Are the saying the "bone" is breaking news?

Breaking News:

from

There has been a lot of unfortunate reporting about this case in the local media since the beginning, but this one goes beyond that into the 'pathetic' category. They throw a sentence about a bone in the middle of the article and don't address it further?

Is the bone even related to this case at all? Was it found today and noted on the map, or was it discovered weeks or months ago and just noted on the map for reference? Are they testing it to find out if it's animal or human? Come on, reporters... report.

It's weird to just mention this 'bone' in passing. Don't they think people will wonder what they're talking about?

Article from today.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...ch-for-Aliayah-Lunsford-New-Reward-Offered652

"A dog has revitalized the citizen search for Aliayah Lunsford. Both the dog and search team have an impeccable track record of finding missing people. The searchers were called in by Aliayah's extended family to get fresh legs on the ground and physically search for the missing girl."

"There is a new reward being offered from an unidentified person for information leading to the recovery of Aliayah. The fresh group of searchers is working with FBI and local law enforcement, as well as Aliayah's grandmother to try and find any clues."

Some of this is good news. I have been loosely following social media threads in this case and there has been chatter for three months to get the searcher known as Joe Nick the Bloodhound to come search for Aliayah. He does his searches free of charge and according to his website, he only had one case where he couldn't track successfully.

So, why don't I think that this entire article is good news? Joe has been talked about extensively on those Facebook threads. All the locals and family members alike (as it well -known that the frequent those pages) will know how successful he is.

So, then why is that now of all times has Joann (Aliayah's maternal grandmother) decided to help in any way with searches? My hinky meter was going off left and right. Is possible that she is trying to throw off the search team? For example, give the dogs and search team a false scent to follow, perhaps of a sibling. I don't think that this immediate family wants her found.

Am I crazy? Does anyone else find the new involvement of the grandmother suspect?

No, you're not crazy. Finding the grandmother suspect? uhhh, errr, welll, ummm, I've never been in her shoes, and everyone reacts differently to stress, but after all this time, I think it's time for her to step up and either A: - defend her daughter in regards to accusations of possible involvement in the disappearance, or B: defy her daughter and give what info she can, no matter how insignificant it might seem to her. Aliayah was her granddaughter, and IIRC for a while, she was her caretaker while mom was "away". She needs to do the right thing.

In most cases, I give people the benefit of the doubt. BUT, I think to avoid blame (from family members or even the general public) for possibly unsuccessful results, family members should not be involved in an active search. Especially this one. Great to be there for support behind the scenes, but in the field. No.

I'm sure this isn't the first time that immediate family members don't appear to "play well" with LE, or come across poorly in the media in cases he's worked on. I wonder what his policy is, or if there is one in place? (there has to be - otherwise, I'm sure at times it would be absolute mayhem!)

I'm also curious to know how much behind the scenes prep/research before the actual search takes place is done... :waitasec:

Regardless, I'm hoping for successful results - let's bring Aliayah home :innocent:

ETA - not familiar with how his searches work - is there a search team, like locals have already done? or is this a solo effort on his part? Sorry if I seem ignorant, didn't have time to learn a lot about how things work.

I agree MarthaM. This article blew me out of the water when I read it and I was the one who added the breaking news part because I thought it was the tip of the iceberg.

But, after a thorough search for more info, I came up empty handed. This was the only mention of it. No explanation or details. No other news outlet even gave it so much as a word.

Sweet angel Aliayah, I am SOOOO happy to see they are searching for you again!!! I am however, extremely leary of "Grandma" helping and I hope to heck they are not letting her search physically.... how do we know she isn't involved just to throw off the searchers? Sorry, I just DO NOT trust her... she should have stepped up THE FIRST DAY... Dear God, please let this be the day Aliayah is found!!!!!!!

No STone, I definitely am there with you. Even if she didn't know anything from the beginning, I would not let her search.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Joanne is actually physically out there searching.. I believe that Joe Nick and PPP just wanted to talk to her ,to see if she could provide any clues. I don't have any kind of link or anything to back this up, but that is just my speculation. Truthfully from what I have seen of Joanne, I don't know if she would physically be able to do the searching anyways. Also I would think that being the grandmother, they would not want her searching in case she DID find something.
This is all just opinion. :)

Just popped on the thread and saw this new development. Glad to hear they are searching and hope this man's track record continues to be successful by finding this beautiful child. Thank God for people like this.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...ut-the-Search-goes-on-for-Aliayah-Lunsford683

For three days, the program team has followed up on specific tips they've received from all across the state and even beyond our borders. Members have also spent time with Aliayah's family while weeding between the rumors and the facts.

The volunteer searchers had to take a little break in their search for missing 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford when it started snowing.Tthe Patriot Outreach-PPP Recovery Program organizers allowed them back out after lunch when the weather broke.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Search_Continues_for_Missing_3-year-old_WVa_Girl__130568983.html

Aliayah's parents are not part of this search. They haven't talked publicly about this case in months.

Just in the last few days many people involved in the search say that pain is healing, and the focus is back on Aliayah.

The group is helping the community start the search again, sort fact from fiction and keep the effort going as long as needed.

"And through that, I've been actually getting tips that were not coming in before because they were afraid to talk to anybody," Jackson says.

More at the link.

Praying so hard that today is the day our little angel, Aliayah, and precious Jhessey are found! Sending lots of love, and positive vibes to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC