WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx, tl and Martha! I was frantically googling and hoping I had misunderstood! I can resume breathing, now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the heck is that crash cart emoticon when you need it, huh?

I thought that linking to Facebook was a no-no unless it was a community page.. which the Rumor Mill is. I did do a direct quote from the search and rescue team and I don't think I should have.. paraphrased only.

This is a good time to interject that it has not been confirmed (and neither is it really pertinent to the search) that LL is pregnant again.

Hi peeps!

We find ourselves having to adjust our social media rules slightly for pretty much each individual case. Keeps us all limber!

As explained here, it's ok to post links to MSM or player FB pages, but it's never ok to copy and paste from these sites, or to post screen caps. And in Aliayah's case we are not currently allowing links to the Rumor Mill.

Keeping up the hope that we will have some resolution for Aliayah and those who love her, very soon! :grouphug:

I thought that linking to Facebook was a no-no unless it was a community page.. which the Rumor Mill is. I did do a direct quote from the search and rescue team and I don't think I should have.. paraphrased only.

This is a good time to interject that it has not been confirmed (and neither is it really pertinent to the search) that LL is pregnant again.

It DOES get confusing with Facebook, but here is how I understand it: You can link to pages that are made for a missing person (i.e. Please Help Find(insert name), you can also link to any media FB pages, such as WDTV, Weston County Democrat( I made that up, but it is an example of a newspaper). You can link or paraphrase sometimes for the different players in a case- the person missing (NO minors) or their relatives if they are involved in the case and the name has been published in MSM. This is not exact as far as the FB rules, just a general guidelline.

The Rumor Mill IS a community page, but it is not MSM. In fact, it's very name indicates it is full of rumors, and obviously rumors are frowned upon here, WS likes to stick to facts. ANYONE can make a community page. There might be a page called "Death to LL" that is a public/community page, but you couldnt link it here, it would not be appropriate obviously.

I am not trying to sound like I am lecturing, I'm not. :) Just trying to help clear up confusion about the rumor page and what is not acceptable. It is a public page but it is full of rumors. And nasty people, from what I can tell.

And you can always PM a mod if you are hesitant about posting something off FB.

Hi peeps!

We find ourselves having to adjust our social media rules slightly for pretty much each individual case. Keeps us all limber!

As explained here, it's ok to post links to MSM or player FB pages, but it's never ok to copy and paste from these sites, or to post screen caps. And in Aliayah's case we are not currently allowing links to the Rumor Mill.

Keeping up the hope that we will have some resolution for Aliayah and those who love her, very soon! :grouphug:

If you're talkin about the Lewis County Rumor Mill FB page it was deactivated last night.

The PPP Recovery team left Weston Friday, one day earlier than planned, because of the incoming weather, so volunteers are now taking over incident command and keeping the citizen search for Aliayah going.

Originally the team was staying until Saturday but members gave their goodbyes to the volunteers who were out looking for the missing three year old Friday. Although Aliayah wasn't found, the team says progress has been made.

"Little Aliayah, she may be missing, but she's not lost. She is in everybody's hearts and as long as that's the case, she will never be lost and the truth will come out as long as the pressure keeps out there, people, somebody, will come forward," says Hunter Glass, the PPP Operations Officer.

The volunteers now have new search techniques and the new incident command center will be talking to local law enforcement if significant leads are found.

"Me and my team have been on this since day one and we want to continue and with the skills that we have learned from PPP Recovery coming in and the things they have taught us, we want to be able to come together as a community, continue searching for her to bring her home," says Kathy Stover, one of the co-leaders of the new volunteer incident command center.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...-Volunteers-to-Continue-Search-for-Aliayah757

Bless these people who refuse to give up on finding Aliayah!!

I need to be careful when I post. I think I started a scary rumor........... Let's hope she never gets pregnant again!

Thinking of you, Aliayah, and wishing you were somewhere safe and warm right now... God bless all the searchers, and please keep them safe so they can bring this baby girl home.....

Thanks mods for the clarification! And no worries JeannieC, someone else started that rumor a long time ago.

The phrase "too little too late" comes to mind (re: Lena at the cmd center).

Just wanted to let you all know that although the PPP Recovery Team has left the Area they are still very much active in the search for Aliayah. They have trained good folks to carry on what they have started here and are working side by side with our Local team. We will continue to search for Aliayah as wellas the truth. We will never give up. WE WILL FIND ALIAYAH. Good news is coming shortly, I promise. Keep us all in your prayers.

Bless your heart vickie, thank you for taking the time to check in. I know its probably been a crazy, hectic week for you.

Just wanted to let you all know that although the PPP Recovery Team has left the Area they are still very much active in the search for Aliayah. They have trained good folks to carry on what they have started here and are working side by side with our Local team. We will continue to search for Aliayah as wellas the truth. We will never give up. WE WILL FIND ALIAYAH. Good news is coming shortly, I promise. Keep us all in your prayers.

BBM...

We will be here with you Vickie....as long as it takes. Aliayah needs to come home.

Bless your heart vickie, thank you for taking the time to check in. I know its probably been a crazy, hectic week for you.

Yes it has been a hectic week, also an emotional week. A lot happened and I am so glad we were able to get PPP Recovery in here. They are awesome. Lena did come to the command center, and I know it was long over due, but she did give us some valuable information, of which I am thankful. Jo Ann and I have resumed speaking again. She has had a stroke and is not in good health at all. Everything is very confusing still, but rest assured , progress is being made. I am very confident with the Team we have here and PPP Recovery has trained many searchers as well as Team leaders. We have a wonderful group and are all working hard for Aliayah. We all have a very possitive attitude and are willing to see it thru. I really expect good things to be happening soon and hopefully it will lead us to Aliayah. The buisnesses in Weston and Buckhannon have been wonderful with supplying food for the searchers, and John Goodwin of John's Tree Service has been great. He is letting us use the upstairs of the Eagles Club in Weston free of charge as a command Center and has donated drinks, pens and other things to our efforts. We are in the process of setting up a fund for Aliayah and for our needs in the way of supplies and gas for continuing the search. We will find Aliayah !!!

We have established an "Aliayah Place" on the grounds of the Eagles Club. We had a candle light service and a wodden Cross was placed there. I encourage everyone to visit Aliayah's Place and pin a prayer to the cross there. We need to take Aliayah to the cross if we are to find her. We need to continue prayer for guildence and safety. Only with the Lord will she be found.This I truely believe.

Yes it has been a hectic week, also an emotional week. A lot happened and I am so glad we were able to get PPP Recovery in here. They are awesome. Lena did come to the command center, and I know it was long over due, but she did give us some valuable information, of which I am thankful. Jo Ann and I have resumed speaking again. She has had a stroke and is not in good health at all. Everything is very confusing still, but rest assured , progress is being made. I am very confident with the Team we have here and PPP Recovery has trained many searchers as well as Team leaders. We have a wonderful group and are all working hard for Aliayah. We all have a very possitive attitude and are willing to see it thru. I really expect good things to be happening soon and hopefully it will lead us to Aliayah. The buisnesses in Weston and Buckhannon have been wonderful with supplying food for the searchers, and John Goodwin of John's Tree Service has been great. He is letting us use the upstairs of the Eagles Club in Weston free of charge as a command Center and has donated drinks, pens and other things to our efforts. We are in the process of setting up a fund for Aliayah and for our needs in the way of supplies and gas for continuing the search. We will find Aliayah !!!

BBM
- very glad Lena came to the command center, and it's great to hear that some valuable info was given.

So sorry to hear about JoAnn's stroke, but am very glad to hear you're speaking again. Did I read somewhere that others that haven't been speaking are now too?

Sounds like the PPP was wonderful for all around and the community has really pulled together too, now with a command center and so many donating in so many ways - anxiously awaiting the good news to come :)

Aliayah, you're very much loved. :innocent:

And Vickie, thanks for standing your ground and getting the ball rolling, you've endured a lot of grief and stood tall. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member