WV WV - Angel Overstreet, 3 Months Old, Huntington, 8 May 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WCHS) — Two years have passed since a three-month-old baby went missing in Huntington. It was first believed by police that Angel Overstreet was last accounted for on May 8, 2021. This was before she was reported missing weeks later, and she still has not been found.

Huntington Police say this is still a "very active" investigation, but at this point, there are no new updates that can be released to the public.

In a statement, Huntington Police thanked the public for the help so far in the investigation and encourage anyone with any information about Angel to call the police department at (304) 696-4420 or call the anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.

My mind sometimes gets tangled up and leaves me in utter disbelief that this child has so few people advocating for her. I think of Angel often and wonder what in the heck is going on here. o_O In most missing persons cases, especially those involving babies, there would be hordes of people raising the rooves in their efforts to find the victim and put an end to the mystery. But then I have to remind myself of the specific circumstances of Angel's case.

The POI is a monster in human form.:mad: We see from his track record that he has no qualms about hurting anyone. A man who can so viscously assault his mother and at least one significant other and is likely responsible for his 3-mo-old baby girl's disappearance is someone who would not hesitate to harm or kill anyone who told whatever truth they know. "If" he is responsible for harming and disappearing Angel, then it could very well be that those who know he did are too afraid to speak. It also seems possible to me that those same folks might even be too afraid to rattle the cages knowing they're at risk of harm from him.

I'd like to think I'd speak up on her behalf if I had information about Angel's case, but I can't say with certainty whether I would if I am in fear of a monster's violent repercussions against me and my other loved ones. Perhaps there's a backstory here that I am not aware of, but it seems possible Angel's advocates are scared to death to betray a mad man. Hopefully during his new prison sentence someone will finally feel safe enough to spill the beans so Angel can finally come back home. :( MOO
You are correct about her advocates being a little afraid. Even though Shannon isnt supposed to be out of jail until 2025 ..He still knows people. The (FB group admins) have reached out to Huntington PD several times for info and one of the admins put a detailed timeline together with information from people that reached out to her because HPD wasn't interested in what they had to say.
They reached out to Namus to do an age progression photo and were sent an email stating that they were instructed by Huntington PD not do an age progression. The answer is in the timeline, text messages and his Facebook posts but it seems like HPD is ignoring it. They won't give any updates because I don't feel they are looking. The only reason they gave the Dec 2021 update was because of a very persistent reporter and the phone calls from people in the FB group.
It's very sad that no one is actively looking for Angel or trying to get answers. Her case should have blown up.

Shannon Patrick Overstreet was indicted on charges of death of a child by a parent, guardian or custodian or other persons by child abuse; murder; and concealment of a deceased human body, according to a news release from the Huntington Police Department.

Overstreet was indicted by a Cabell County grand jury on Friday in connection with the disappearance of his 3-month-old daughter,Angel Nichole Overstreet.
5e255ead-3b0d-4d7b-ae7c-87ad5a38093c-medium16x9_overstreet2.png

Overstreet is serving a sentence of two to 10 years at the Huttonsville Correctional Center after acknowledging that the state had enough evidence to convict him of malicious wounding and forgery related to striking his mother in the head and signing her name to a check and cashing it. These crimes happened the same month that his daughter last was seen, The Herald-Dispatch reported.

Police in May 2021 asked for the public's help in locating the baby. West Virginia Child Protective Services reported her missing after checking with Overstreet regarding custody issues in Kentucky. Overstreet told them at the time he had given the girl to workers with the agency two weeks earlier, but investigators were unable to substantiate a custody exchange.

DEC 9, 2023
[...]

“All I can say is I’m completely heart broken, and this is the most painful thing I have ever been through, and my daughter didn’t deserve to die, nor did she deserve to go through any kind of pain. I hope Shannon dies. I know I shouldn’t say that, but he took my daughter life, and she didn’t deserve that. For what he did, he deserves the death penalty.

“I never once gave up hope on finding my daughter. I felt she would be found with someone else, and she was fine but that wasn’t case. I’m glad she ain’t in that lowlife’s care anymore. He could have gave her up. He didn’t have to do what he did but I guess that’s what evil people do.

“I just wish things could have been different. I hate the fact that my past mistakes held me back from being able to keep Angel. I have so many questions and no answers. I don’t know the date that she went to heaven so I’m not able to put that on her head stone. It’s really sad.”

[...]

Finally!! I had given up hope he would ever be charged!!! He has DV charges in Ohio dating back to 2009, he's always been a very dangerous man. Look what he did to his own Mother!! How he ever ended up with custody of Angel is beyond me. :mad:

Court records can't be accessed in WV?

“During the hearing Tuesday, it was revealed that Overstreet was seeking to marry a key witness in the case. Prosecutor contested the request, which is expected to be at the center of another court hearing scheduled for later this month.”

“I’m not saying it’s his intention to cut her off from us as a witness, but that would be the practical effect of it," Morrison said.

The prosecution requested that Cabell County Circuit Court Judge Paul Farrell either somehow delay the marriage or allow the woman to testify under oath in a deposition before they get married. Judge Farrell asked Morrison to provide any case examples where a judge could stop a wedding. Morrison told the judge he did not have any examples.”

“In Tuesday’s hearing, when the marriage motion was brought up, the prosecuting attorney stated that the witness has said she does not intend on marrying Overstreet, and that she had not spoken to him since Dec. 29, but had been emailing him.”

“During the hearing, Overstreet’s trial date in the case was also scheduled for Monday, May 20. Overstreet appeared in today’s hearing by video conference call from jail.”

“On Tuesday, Morrison said the witness’s statements and actions are not matching up.

“[She] called in and said, 'I don’t intend to marry this guy, and haven’t talked to him since Dec. 29.' I thought: 'Well, okay good.' Then I find out she’s been emailing him after the fact," Morrison said in court.

This is why he wants to go ahead with a deposition before any potential wedding.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back