WV WV - Bath, WhtFem 30-35, 512UFWV, hysterectomy, permed red hair, May'50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fbi bulletins pre 1960 are useful for old mp reports. Many have returned home but still a few unaccounted for, eg Clydie Woodall and Juda Jackson.
@victoriarobinson642 did you submit Clydie?

Could the scar perhaps have been from a lobotomy? and the scar on the wrist a from a suicide attempt? Could she have been a former patient at a psychiatric hospital?

I was thinking something along the same lines.

Also, a hysterectomy was a really risky and major surgery in the 1940's & 1950s, how often were they actually performed through patient choice?

I was wondering if the hysterectomy was an enforced sterilization that some people in mental health institutions had, back in those days.

MOO.

Bertha Marie Tidd Newell - Missing since July 13, 1948 from Zanesville, Ohio.
1119DFOH - Bertha Marie Tidd Newell

Height is a bit off age is within reason, the point of her nose is catching my eye. She also had 10 kids.

She had some mental health issues before her disappearance and stayed in an Ohio state mental hospital for a brief period.
View attachment 106407View attachment 106408

UID Rule Outs - 12/21/16
Mabel Chambers 1920 Delaware
Thelma Cobb 1916 Indiana
Edna Kaminski 1921 New York
Lora Skaggs 1920 West Virginia
Bertha Smith 1913 Texas
Was she ever submittied?

She would have been a bit younger, but Jean Elizabeth Spangler reminds me a lot of this Jane Doe:

After the other lead I was investigating being fruitless (We'll probably still test it just in case), I think the circumstances of Jean's case may be one of the only long distance cases where I'd say possible. If she and the fugitives she was possibly with got to Texas in 4 months and were almost caught, there may have been some urgency to get as far away as possible.

Pulled from the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, Febuary 1951, Vol 20, No.2, pg 23

1694030066150.png
1694030075647.png

Teeth - Natural - number 1 and 16 missing, numbers 2 and 19 silver filled, number 31 gold filled or inlay, number 32 partially erupted.

Teeth numbering system for reference:
1694030301168.png

Also mentions that the Y shaped scar on on her wrist was "recent"

Bumping!

The forced sterilization angle is compelling but is it not possible for the hysterectomy scar to have been for something else? Like removing a cyst or a tumor?

But if it was a real hysterectomy, the Bath Jane Doe could be a grandmother and great-grandmother. It may take someone digging into their genealogy and realizing nobody knows what happened to a grandmother or grand aunt.

Those are some tiny feet

While there can be differences between manufacturers and even styles (ie, your size in running shoes vs heels), shoe sizing hasn't changed much since it was established in the 18th century. There are also differences between German/English sizing and the "Paris Point System" (19th century, and generally what's used in Europe and Asia today). US sizing is generally based on the English/German system based on 1/3 inch increments.

According to this site, a 4.5 shoe size equates to about an 8.5" inch foot (heel to toe) in the US.

Tiny detail, and possibly incorrect anyway, as @Friday Fan mentioned, but was idly curious on this point. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back