WV WV - Cassie Shelton Sheetz, 23, hiker, Spruce Knob, Monongahela National Forest, 11 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shelton said police notified the family that the group of hikers was split up around midnight on Thursday. She said police were told the three hikers were just walking on the trail when it got dark and the group became separated.”
—-
“The family said Cassie’s father was working with volunteers on searching for any sign of Sheetz on the trail Tuesday morning.

Shelton said the family understands there are different stories online that are circulating but they just want anyone who has information on Sheetz’s whereabouts to come forward.”

Wonder what these “different stories online” are? This poor family.

Family searching for missing hiker near Spruce Knob

Chelsea Shelton, Cassie Shelton Sheetz's aunt, said police notified the family that the group of hikers was split up around midnight on Thursday.

“You know, whether we find her alive, whether we find her passed away, either way, our family needs closure from this and we’re not going to get it until she is found,” Shelton said.
Now family members like Cassie’s sister, Tabitha Black, are constantly looking at their phones, checking old messages and praying for a reply back.

Black said the one message she listens to each night is a voice message from her sister back in January.

“I’m losing Wi-Fi, baby girl. I’ll message you as soon as I get Wi-Fi back, alright. I love you,” Sheetz told her sister in the message.

The family said Cassie’s father was working with volunteers on searching for any sign of Sheetz on the trail Tuesday morning.

Shelton said the family understands there are different stories online that are circulating but they just want anyone who has information on Sheetz’s whereabouts to come forward.

What do old messages have anything to do with anything?

Chelsea Shelton, Cassie Shelton Sheetz's aunt, said police notified the family that the group of hikers was split up around midnight on Thursday.

“You know, whether we find her alive, whether we find her passed away, either way, our family needs closure from this and we’re not going to get it until she is found,” Shelton said.
Now family members like Cassie’s sister, Tabitha Black, are constantly looking at their phones, checking old messages and praying for a reply back.

Black said the one message she listens to each night is a voice message from her sister back in January.

“I’m losing Wi-Fi, baby girl. I’ll message you as soon as I get Wi-Fi back, alright. I love you,” Sheetz told her sister in the message.

The family said Cassie’s father was working with volunteers on searching for any sign of Sheetz on the trail Tuesday morning.

Shelton said the family understands there are different stories online that are circulating but they just want anyone who has information on Sheetz’s whereabouts to come forward.

What do old messages have anything to do with anything?
I think she's just saying she's listening to the sound of her sister's voice every night because she misses her.

Midnight in the woods is concerning. I wonder if they were partying etc and these guys are afraid to get in trouble? Maybe they can tell them to show where they were all together last and which way each one went to help locate her and if there's no sign of foul play they're off the hook. IMO

Midnight in the woods is concerning. I wonder if they were partying etc and these guys are afraid to get in trouble? Maybe they can tell them to show where they were all together last and which way each one went to help locate her and if there's no sign of foul play they're off the hook. IMO
I'm sitting on the fence (and to some degree my hands) about this "hiking" story. It appears the police don't think she's out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back