WV WV - Cool Ridge, beside US19, WhtFem 25-32, UP11479, skeletal remains, Sep'91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 11479

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11479

Unidentified White Female

Found September 1, 1991 in Mercer County, WV
Body Condition:
Near complete or complete skeleton
Probable year of death: 1981 to 1991
Estimated postmortem interval: 10 years

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25-32
Approximate Height: 67 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: None

Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: Nothing

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
No clothing found with body

Jewerly:
nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample available - Not yet submitted

Case History:
Skeletal Remains found beside US 19, Near the town of Cool Ridge, mile to two miles inside Mercer Co.

Since you started the thread, I might as well put up the MP that I have as a possible from my spreadsheet.

Laurie Lynn Bradshaw
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20764/0

Laurie BradshawUP11479Comparison
Age2725-32Consistent
Height67 inches67 inchesConsistent
Location LKA/DiscoveryCumberland VACool Ridge WV207 Miles
Date LKA/Discovery12 Jun 198701 Sep 1991 (Died between 1981 & 1991) Consistent

Dentals are in the system for both the MP and UP. So I would think it would have been caught if it was a match.

Rule outs as of 30 September 2017: Tammy Daniel 1962 West Virginia, Margaret Dodd 1950 West Virginia, and Leslie Marty 1963 West Virginia.

It would be great if someone with a Namus account could check the ruleouts on this one please?

Found location in Namus indicates found in Mercer County but near Cool Ridge (Raleigh Co.). Mercer Co is south of Raleigh Co and I-77 runs through both with easy links to the south into TN, NC and VA.

Namus says the PMI is 1981-91. Very few identifiers but possible height 5'7" & age estimate 25-32.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/3532dfwv.html
Tammy Jean Daniel was 5'7" and missing from Raleigh Co since June 1987 - last seen at the trailer where her ex-husband lived. According to Doe Network she has no DNA in the system.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/1049dfwv.html
Juanita Reedy also missing from Raleigh Co since November 1979. At 39 and 5'2" she falls outside the estimates on those parameters, but including her because of the close proximity. No DNA according to Doe Network.

www.doenetwork.org/cases/3951dfwv.html
Mazie Mae Sigmon Palmer 5'6" and 25yo was last seen at a club in Charleston WV. However the body of the man she was last seen with was found in Fayette Co WV which is 12 miles from Cool Ridge. DNA is available.

Thanks @victoriarobinson642 so of my three possibles #1 (Tammy) is ruled out and #3 (Mazie) could have been ruled out on auto-DNA comparison and we would not see her on the manually entered list. That leaves #2 Juanita Reedy but she was the least likely to me. I was not overly worried that her PMI was a couple of years outside the 10 year range, but her height (shorter by 7") and age (39 vs max 32 in Namus) leads me to think she's not a good match.

Updates exclusions for this UID? Also in the image you can see this structure that looks like a fountain or something for the drainage of water...I searched for it with google Maps but I did not find it someone knows where it is exactly and if UID was found right there closer or further away?

Updates exclusions for this UID? Also in the image you can see this structure that looks like a fountain or something for the drainage of water...I searched for it with google Maps but I did not find it someone knows where it is exactly and if UID was found right there closer or further away?

Still only 3 exclusions:
MP19340
Leslie
Marty
07/30/1983
Wood
WV
MP21070
Tammy
Daniel
06/02/1987
Raleigh
WV
MP13244
Margret
Dodd
09/07/1977
Raleigh
WV

Cool Ridge Jane Doe has been unidentified for 32 years today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back