Found Alive WV - Four people missing at abandoned coal mine, Clear Creek, Raleigh County, 9 Dec 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like electrocution by theft is happening not just here but all around the country.

Looks like electrocution by theft is happening not just here but all around the country.
I'd thought theft of copper had decreased, since the price of copper had declined. I haven't checked it lately, so some might still consider it worth the crime. We had that problem in NYS as well, around construction sites, mostly, but haven't heard anything in quite a while.

Charge them with trespassing and have them do A LOT of community service.

UPDATE: 3 believed missing in abandoned coal mine identified

Law enforcement in Raleigh County have released the names of the three people believed to be missing inside an abandoned coal mine.

Kayla Williams, 25, of Artie, WV
Erica Treadway, 31, of Pax, WV
Cody Beverly, 21, of Dorothy, WV

Beverly, Treadway and Williams have not been seen since the early morning hours of December 8. An ATV there were believed to have been riding was found outside the entrance to mine located in the Clear Creek area.

Eddie Williams, 43, of Artie, WV made his way out of the coal mine on Monday. He was briefly detained by the Raleigh County Sheriff’s Office, but was not arrested.

[...]

Law enforcement in Raleigh County have released the names of the three people believed to be missing inside an abandoned coal mine.

Beverly, Treadway and Williams have not been seen since the early morning hours of December 8. An ATV there were believed to have been riding was found outside the entrance to mine located in the Clear Creek area.

Eddie Williams, 43, of Artie, WV made his way out of the coal mine on Monday. He was briefly detained by the Raleigh County Sheriff’s Office, but was not arrested.

[...]

Erica's Facebook: Erica Treadway
Kayla's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kayla.williams.96343

Can't find Cody's FB and I think I found Eddie's, but I'm not totally sure, so I won't link it here.

West Virginia National Guard joins search efforts for missing people at Raleigh Co. mine

One of the four people missing in a Raleigh County mine has been found.

A spokesperson for Governor Jim Justice said that one man walked out of the Rock House Powelton Mine, in Clear Creek, and was arrested Monday evening.

We are told the man said they didn't know people had been searching for them and the three other men are inside the mine and are okay.

[...]

This just looks even weirder now. It was supposedly all men left in there but actually 2 women and 1 man. They were all ok and had no idea people were looking for them. So why do they need rescuing? Why can't they find them? I've not seen anything saying they've found them. Being ok and lost in a mine just don't sound like ok to me.

WV MetroNews – Families of missing three in Raleigh County mine still holding out hope

[...]

“One of the men that came out on his own gave us some hope,” Scarbro said. “He came out on his knees in the dark and it gave us hope that he had air to breathe and all the essentials he needed. He gave us hope that they had some water, some lunch cakes, and snacks to survive a few days.”

[...]

Mine rescue teams have installed fans to get air circulating in the mine and have begun using water pumps to get some of the water out that has been built up deep inside. Mine rescue teams led by the Office of Miners’ Health, Safety, and Training is hoping to get past where they have already searched but had to stop due to water.

UBB-memorial-300x225.jpeg

Jake Flatley/wvmetronews.com

Upper Big Branch Miners Memorial is in Whitesville.
The area is mining country and has experienced disasters surrounding mines as the Upper Big Branch Miners Memorial is in Whitesville right next to Salamy Memorial Center. Scarbro has worked in mines and said he was shocked to find out about this incident.

“I went Christmas shopping, got home and my daughter had told me what was going on,” he said. “I didn’t believe it at first but it came to be true.

“It’s a dangerous place to be and I wouldn’t advise anybody to go in an abandoned mine. I’ve got 30 years of underground experience and I know it is a very dangerous place to be. Especially with abandoned mines with no fans, no water pumps, nothing to sustain life.”

[...]
Cody Beverly is currently on probation (scroll down for his info at Area residents sentenced for felony crimes ) He may not be too happy to be "found". Praying for safety for the rescuers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back