Found Deceased WV - Frank Holmes, 45, Short Creek, walking to Warwood and Moundsville, 28 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Frank Holmes has reportedly been missing since Saturday. Family members say the last confirmed sighting of Holmes happened around 11 pm at the Bridgeport Sunoco. They say he left his keys, wallet, and phone behind. He’s 45 years old, 5’5″, and 260 pounds with thinning, brown hair.

Wheeling Police searching for missing man

Frank Holmes possibly went for a walk from Warwood to Moundsville, but he did not take his cell phone.

Holmes, who was last seen Saturday, is 45 years old, 5-foot-5, 260 pounds.

Wheeling Police looking for missing man

81171037_2954119284622770_6867364063026872320_n.jpg

Hopefully, they have an idea of the route he would have taken. There's always a chance he suffered a medical event while walking and couldn't continue to his destination.

I'm so confused. The last confirmed sighting of this man took place nowhere near Warwood, Moundsville, or Wheeling. What in the world...?

What I had read was that he was sighted last in Bridgeport, OH (across the river from Wheeling, WV). If he walked Route 2, it is a pretty busy road from Warwood to Moundsville. There is also a walking and bike trail along the Ohio River that goes through Warwood and Wheeling but I am not sure how far south it runs toward Benwood or Moundsville.

I don't know this man, but know several people who do know him.
I'm glad to see a thread already started.

This article has the info on the Bridgeport sighing. For someone walking, the trip across the river and back would be a long walk in addition the the idea of walking from Warwood to Moundsville on roads not friendly to pedestrians.
Family asks for help in finding missing Ohio County man

RIP Frank. Thoughts of comfort for your loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back