WV WV - Gretchen Fleming, 27, Vienna, Dec 2022 *POI in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

“"I know her so well that if she was able to call, she would call me in a heartbeat," Louise Fleming said. "She would never let any of us suffer like this."”

“"I know her so well that if she was able to call, she would call me in a heartbeat," Louise Fleming said. "She would never let any of us suffer like this."”
Thank you for this article. There's some new information here. New to me, anyway. :)

Noting:
  • It's been widely reported by local residents that she was seen at the bars with an older man, but police have yet to confirm that.
  • She was living with her grandparents, returning home from North Carolina, where she went to college and lived for a few years.
  • Gretchen's grandmother said she had been living with her and her husband in Vienna for the past six months. She said Gretchen was a joy to have in the house, and this is completely out of character for her.

DEC 26, 2022
[...]

Dateline spoke with JG, an old friend of Gretchen’s who has helped the Fleming family organize vigils. ...

JG told Dateline that it’s still unclear what exactly occurred on the evening of December 3 and into the early morning hours of December 4. “We haven't seen any camera footage of anything. She was at multiple spots. You know, the last place she was seen to everyone was the My Way,” Jake said. “It was so late in the -- you know, it was midmorning, like 3:00 a.m., you know, when the -- those bars are closing and things like that.”

JG said it’s been frustrating because there’s no timeline of the night yet. “It seems like she was going to multiple different places that night,” he said, but no one knows what she was wearing or how she was getting around.

[...]

JG said Gretchen is unique, especially in their small West Virginia town. “Gretchen didn't dress anything like everybody else. She's always made a statement,” he said. “She's so creative. Music is a big part of who she is. She's done all these different things. She's traveled, she's very well spoken, she used to be a writer and still does write.”

[...]

Dateline reached out to the Parkersburg Police Department for an update in Gretchen’s case but has not yet heard back. Parkersburg Police Chief Matt Board told NBC affiliate WTAP, “I have not come to the office where there has not been somebody here 24/7, since this was reported, working on specifically this to get Gretchen the help that she needs.”

The chief confirmed that the Parkersburg Police Department was “able to secure various search warrants” which have been executed “in regard to this case to gain more information,” but did not expand further to WTAP.

Well, if you do any digging, the answer appears obvious, and I absolutely am so heartbroken for Gretchen and her family. I pray they find her sooner rather than later.
There was another case in 2014 I've been looking at - Cindy Ball. She disappeared from the Overtime Sports bar in Parkersburg, her body was later found by hunters - no arrest has ever been made, though LE said they had a suspect.

Probably no connection at all, but there are some similarities.

Thanks for that Knox, I hadn't heard of Cindy Ball...sometimes all it takes is one more dot.

Still not naming him publicly, but the man she was last with is now called the POI as of today.

Police Chief Matthew Board told Eyewitness News on Thursday the person of interest was the last person Fleming was seen with when they left the My Way Lounge & Restaurant on Juliana Street in Parkersburg.

The name of the person of interest is not being released, he said.

There's a thread here at WS about Cindy Ball, it's a shame that case has gone cold for so long. I felt like there's a POI that leaps out in that case, but it's gone nowhere.

The FB posts mentioned earlier in this thread were gone by the time I checked, so I don't have much to go on other than a couple things someone told me they saw on FB.

Will be interesting to see who this POI is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back