WV WV - Hevin Jenkins, 2, Cabell County, 15 December 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, I can only visit this site every so often....if I come here too often, I'm totally depressed for days. I can't understand how people can get so angry or be so dumb or neglectful that they do such horrible things to innocent children.
I REALLY think there needs to be a movement that insists on some legislation to find a way to protect these kids.
I guess I think it needs to start at the hospital when these kids are born. I don't know...maybe parents need to undergo some sort of psychological test before they are allowed to take their kids home from the hospital...maybe it should be manadatory for all parents - and a social worker should have to do a visit to the home to see if it is fit. Maybe friends , neighbors , family should be questioned . Like you should have to bring in character witnesses or something to be questioned. I know people are probably rolling their eyes at what I'm saying....but it's a sad day when it's harder to adopt a pet from the humane society than to take an innocent child home.

I know this all sounds impossible because of the work load it would create and how much it would cost.....but what other answer is there?

Remember many years ago when there was no MADD and drunks were virtually given a slap on the wrist when they hit and injured/killed someone ( I have personal experience with this - my husbands sister and her friend were killed in 1980 by a drunk - and he got 6 months in jail and a $500 fine....real STIFF penalty....people saw him back in bars right afterwards)
Anyway, remember when Candy Lightener got MADD enough to do something. She changed the drunk driving laws and saved many many live since then.
I think this is the type of thing that needs to be done to save kids from lunatics who just happen to give birth to them.

It's just so frustrating:furious:

At one time when there were larger families, older siblings learned to care for children by helping with younger siblings. Younger siblings learned by helping with neices and nephews.
Personally, I think that child care and 'life experiences' (premarital counseling) courses should start being taught in schools. Marriage licenses shouldn't be handed out, without proof of taking the courses.
Also, more followup should be done after taking a child home from the hosp. Some type of home health care to do a couple of followup visits and act as a resource for new parents.
And when they determine a parent is taking drugs, kids should automatically be removed until there is proof that they are clean again.

PrayersForMaura said:
Boy reported missing Dec. 24
The mother of a missing 2-year-old from Logan County filed a police report Dec. 24 telling police she hadn't seen her son in seven weeks.

Amy White, mother of missing Hevin Dakota Jenkins, told police on Christmas Eve that she had given the little boy to her sister, Tonya Sloan, on Nov. 3 because of her hectic work schedule and some recent family problems, said Logan Police Chief Dave White

<snip>

Just one day before Sloan reported the boy missing, Amy White told Logan police she hadn't been able to reach Sloan since putting her sister in charge of the boy's care in November.

<snip>

Logan police officers said one of the reasons Amy White told them she turned her son over to her sister was so she could deal with some other family problems.

More: http://www.dailymail.com/news/News/2005122813/

Well, this explains a lot about the family situation--the autistic boy's uncles on his mom's side are murderers and his entire family is "familiar to the police" in the county. So this is a family of "Johnsons" (career criminal hillbillies), clans of which can be found throughout the Kentucky/Ohio and Ohio/Indiana borders.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Well, this explains a lot about the family situation--the autistic boy's uncles on his mom's side are murderers and his entire family is "familiar to the police" in the county. So this is a family of "Johnsons" (career criminal hillbillies), clans of which can be found throughout the Kentucky/Ohio and Ohio/Indiana borders.

Reading through the Mom's interviews, she seems pretty 'out there'.

her interview does seem real "spacey"....she waited for 7 weeks before she contacted police about her missing son?????

I mean wasn't her ditziness apparent to hospital personnel when she gave birth? Someone, somewhere should have had the sense to say "hey, this situation needs to be checked into by authorities".

I just see these situations as preventable.....I think legislation needs to be put in place to assure as much as possible that whack jobs aren't bringing innocent children home from the hospital to experience heaven only know's what.

Sherry67 said:
You know, I can only visit this site every so often....if I come here too often, I'm totally depressed for days. I can't understand how people can get so angry or be so dumb or neglectful that they do such horrible things to innocent children.
I REALLY think there needs to be a movement that insists on some legislation to find a way to protect these kids.
I guess I think it needs to start at the hospital when these kids are born. I don't know...maybe parents need to undergo some sort of psychological test before they are allowed to take their kids home from the hospital...maybe it should be manadatory for all parents - and a social worker should have to do a visit to the home to see if it is fit. Maybe friends , neighbors , family should be questioned . Like you should have to bring in character witnesses or something to be questioned. I know people are probably rolling their eyes at what I'm saying....but it's a sad day when it's harder to adopt a pet from the humane society than to take an innocent child home.

I know this all sounds impossible because of the work load it would create and how much it would cost.....but what other answer is there?

Remember many years ago when there was no MADD and drunks were virtually given a slap on the wrist when they hit and injured/killed someone ( I have personal experience with this - my husbands sister and her friend were killed in 1980 by a drunk - and he got 6 months in jail and a $500 fine....real STIFF penalty....people saw him back in bars right afterwards)
Anyway, remember when Candy Lightener got MADD enough to do something. She changed the drunk driving laws and saved many many live since then.
I think this is the type of thing that needs to be done to save kids from lunatics who just happen to give birth to them.

It's just so frustrating:furious:
I totally agree!

Dangerous conditions on the Ohio River halted a search for a missing 2-year-old boy Thursday afternoon, and it likely will not resume until the river recedes in the next few days, authorities said.

"It was choppy, rough and moving rather fast," Merry said. "One diver went in, and others were there. We spent more time trying to tether (the diver). The conditions were so bad that we made the decision not to put anyone else in the water."

He said that decision likely will stick until the river recedes.
http://www.hdonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/NEWS01/512300306/1005

I am actually physically ill from reading all of this. This poor little baby..

All I can imagine is my own autistic son. They are not disabled.. the rest of us are just to freakin stupid to figure out how they think.....

We are required to take a test and "get" a license to drive a car.
Yet, to "get" a baby all ya have to do is have sex... no questions asked!

More and more these days I question the Government, the laws, and mainly these parents who think children are disposable.

We have a neighbor that has a 2 yr. old girl and I have noticed lately, she hardley ever has the baby with her.
So I asked her the other night "where's the baby?" she told me "It's my mothers weekened to have her." I said.. wow that's nice, your mom is giving you a break this weekend. She corrected me by telling me it is her mothers RESPONSIBILITY to take the baby every other weekend.
See- I just don't understand that. It's YOUR child and YOUR responsibility!

I am at a loss for words this is so disturbing.

Amraann said:
I am actually physically ill from reading all of this. This poor little baby..

All I can imagine is my own autistic son. They are not disabled.. the rest of us are just to freakin stupid to figure out how they think.....

:clap: Amen, Amraann.

I also understand how hard it is to parent a child with issues. Sometimes I just sit down and have a good cry because it can be frustrating. But never have I thought of ending her life. Wanting to run away like Marie Osmond did, maybe, but I don't have all the credit cards she has! People have offered respite care to me, but it costs too much. We just try to do our best.

I shouldn't joke though. I just wanted to applaud Amraann. I pray for the day when someone can tell us how to get into our children's brains. Imagine what our children think of US.

This is my first time using the "quote" feature, so I hope it turns out o.k. All this stuff is sort of intimidating.

Welcome to WS, Taximom. You are doing fine. If ever you have questions about a function on here, there is a forum called forum finesse at the bottom of the forum index page. Look for an answer there, or post your question.

Ah, thank you, Mysteriew.

I'm having fun personalizing things a bit. Perhaps I should read that thread before I do something wrong!

Part of the problem is that there is still a strong belief that a child is a parent's property - so unless the parent is outright killing them, we keep letting the kids go home with the parents. There's no testing, no checking up on parents.

But in this case - I do find the mother at fault to a fair degree. A parent (where is the father, BTW...) who cannot care for their children should make sure they are put into the hands of someone else responsible when they need a break. Sounds like she already knew the aunt was not a good responsible adult, knew there might be drugs around. So, don't let her take care of him!

When you become a mother or father, you agree to accept the responsiblity for that child - even if your responsible choice is to put the child up for adoption because you know you are too immature to handle a child. But to hand it over randomly to family members and not check up to make sure they are handling it OK - that isn't right.

Details said:
When you become a mother or father, you agree to accept the responsiblity for that child - even if your responsible choice is to put the child up for adoption because you know you are too immature to handle a child. But to hand it over randomly to family members and not check up to make sure they are handling it OK - that isn't right.
Sad to say, but being too immature to handle a child and being responsible enough to make that choice negate each other.

I know exactly what you mean, however. I'm just saying that if you are that immature then you probably don't realize what you should do.

That sounds like I'm making excuses for these poor examples of human beings, I don't mean to.

Taximom I wanted to say thank you ...

I know those days you posted of above where you just sit down and cry..

But not all days are like that:) And the good happy moments always far outweigh the bad.

Welcome to WS!!

Amraann said:
Taximom I wanted to say thank you ...

I know those days you posted of above where you just sit down and cry..

But not all days are like that:) And the good happy moments always far outweigh the bad.

Welcome to WS!!
Thank you, Amraann. So far it's been an enjoyable experience!

Thank God that most days are not all like that. She is full of hugs, and knows when to use them!

My sister once told me that if everyone laid their problems out on tables and you got to choose which table you wanted...you would probably take back your own table. I know I would, unless Bill Gates had a table in the same room! :)

Taximom said:
Sad to say, but being too immature to handle a child and being responsible enough to make that choice negate each other.

I know exactly what you mean, however. I'm just saying that if you are that immature then you probably don't realize what you should do.

That sounds like I'm making excuses for these poor examples of human beings, I don't mean to.
No, I know what you mean. I love watching Cops, and part of what I find fascinating about it is seeing these people so very different from myself and the people I know. Just the difference in the thought processes, due to IQ, upbringing, drug damage, alcohol, etc. is really something. I mean, even in the arena of self preservation, self interest - you watch some idiot start a fight with 5 large cops, in a situation where just being quiet will let him go home that night without an arrest, when any of us would count the odds and know we wouldn't win, and that there is no point to it anyway. But drugs, upbringing, who knows what other damage leads some of these people to have little impulse control. Or, they try to cover something up, when there's no reason to, or when there is reason to, but there's no real hope of succeeding in a coverup.

People aren't born with responsibility nor maturity - they learn these from their parents and others around them. And in some families, this is not taught, nor shown by any kind of example.

Details said:
No, I know what you mean. I love watching Cops, and part of what I find fascinating about it is seeing these people so very different from myself and the people I know. Just the difference in the thought processes, due to IQ, upbringing, drug damage, alcohol, etc. is really something. I mean, even in the arena of self preservation, self interest - you watch some idiot start a fight with 5 large cops, in a situation where just being quiet will let him go home that night without an arrest, when any of us would count the odds and know we wouldn't win, and that there is no point to it anyway. But drugs, upbringing, who knows what other damage leads some of these people to have little impulse control. Or, they try to cover something up, when there's no reason to, or when there is reason to, but there's no real hope of succeeding in a coverup.

People aren't born with responsibility nor maturity - they learn these from their parents and others around them. And in some families, this is not taught, nor shown by any kind of example.

I like watching cops, too. It's like watching another species when you see some of these people.

any updates on this case? Did they find him yet?

They are not disabled.. the rest of us are just to freakin stupid to figure out how they think.....-Amraann
AMEN! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back