Found Safe WV - Kimberly Cline, 27, & her daughter, Abagail Lester, 6, Sissonville, Kanawha Co., 20 Nov 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
From the Office of Sheriff Mike Rutherford:

Yesterday evening the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office was notified by immediate family members of the disappearance of 27 year old Kimberly Danielle Cline and her six year old daughter, Abagail Hope Lester. They were last living with Kimberly Cline's parents in Sissonville.

On November 20, 2019 Kimberly picked up her daughter from school and neither of them have had contact with family since.

Deputies spent the hours since they were reported missing checking previous locations she's stayed, and contacting her friends. At this time she and her daughter are still missing.

Anyone who has had contact with either Kimberly Cline or Abagail Lester is urged to call 304-357-0169, submit a tip via email to tips@kanawhasheriff.us, anonymously contact us through our website at www.kanawhasheriff.us, or message us on Facebook.

82295341_1060886787593534_2809033075441270784_n.jpg

82117109_1060886774260202_4521963975520288768_n.jpg

82030005_1060886824260197_7379561375753830400_n.jpg

Kanawha County Sheriff's Office

Deputies searching for missing mother and daughter in West Virginia

I wonder why Kimberly`s parents reported them missing in January and not right away? Is it common for Kimberly to just leave? Did she pick up her stuff from the house?

JAN 16, 2020
Father shares grief about missing daughter and her mother (Video)
[...]

"The last time they had seen her was November 20th," said Josh Lester, Abagail's dad. "Kim had picked her up from school and that was it."

Lester says he hasn't seen or heard from his daughter or her mother since Oct. 4.

"(Kimberly) filed a protective order on behalf of Abagail against me," Lester tells WSAZ. "I couldn't make any contact for 90 days."

Within those 90 days, Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies say the two went missing. They say Kimberly's family members contacted the sheriff's department on Thursday to file a missing persons report for both Kimberly and Abagail.

"I didn't find out until January 6th during a court hearing and it was like my world was coming down," Lester said.

[...]

It's still unclear why Kimberly's family members didn't report the two missing until January. But the Kanawha Sheriff's Office urges anyone to not delay reporting an incident if something like this happens to you.

[...]

JAN 16, 2020
Father shares grief about missing daughter and her mother (Video)
[...]

"The last time they had seen her was November 20th," said Josh Lester, Abagail's dad. "Kim had picked her up from school and that was it."

Lester says he hasn't seen or heard from his daughter or her mother since Oct. 4.

"(Kimberly) filed a protective order on behalf of Abagail against me," Lester tells WSAZ. "I couldn't make any contact for 90 days."

Within those 90 days, Kanawha County Sheriff's deputies say the two went missing. They say Kimberly's family members contacted the sheriff's department on Thursday to file a missing persons report for both Kimberly and Abagail.

"I didn't find out until January 6th during a court hearing and it was like my world was coming down," Lester said.

[...]

It's still unclear why Kimberly's family members didn't report the two missing until January. But the Kanawha Sheriff's Office urges anyone to not delay reporting an incident if something like this happens to you.

[...]
It may be unclear to some but it is crystal clear to me.... Parental Alienation is a real, cruel thing to do to the other parent. Always love your kids more than you hate your ex.

Judges don’t typically issue a 90 day protective order against a father seeing his child without some distinct evidence that he’s a danger to that child, right?

If my ex was a clear danger to my children, I wouldn’t hesitate to disappear with them if I could. It seems as if her family didn’t report them missing to allow a “head start” in successfully disappearing. Just a guess on my part.

It seems as if her family didn’t report them missing to allow a “head start” in successfully disappearing. Just a guess on my part.

SBM - if her family knew they were leaving, why report them missing at all? Seems complicated if it was supposed to be a cover up for a planned leaving in violation of a joint custody order or something.

Strange!

SBM - if her family knew they were leaving, why report them missing at all? Seems complicated if it was supposed to be a cover up for a planned leaving in violation of a joint custody order or something.

Strange!

My guess is the missing report came just before the court date following the original 90 day protective court order. It makes sense to me that the family would rather have their daughter not show up for this court date due to being reported missing vs her just not showing up with no explanation. Total speculation on my part.

My guess is the missing report came just before the court date following the original 90 day protective court order. It makes sense to me that the family would rather have their daughter not show up for this court date due to being reported missing vs her just not showing up with no explanation. Total speculation on my part.
I think you’re on the right path. The court was likely to rule in the Dads favor regarding visitation. Even if it’s supervised visitation, he should see his child. If there was something bad happening, that Dad shouldn’t be involved, the Mom wouldn’t have felt the need to leave. Meaning the court would have ruled to have the DV charge stay in place, ruled for supervised visitation, etc. Those items are meant to protect the child. My opinion, this is totally 100% parental alienation. If that ends up being the case, it will backfire on Mom & her accomplices. I could be way off base too. Hoping they are both safe and healthy.

I think you’re on the right path. The court was likely to rule in the Dads favor regarding visitation. Even if it’s supervised visitation, he should see his child. If there was something bad happening, that Dad shouldn’t be involved, the Mom wouldn’t have felt the need to leave. Meaning the court would have ruled to have the DV charge stay in place, ruled for supervised visitation, etc. Those items are meant to protect the child. My opinion, this is totally 100% parental alienation. If that ends up being the case, it will backfire on Mom & her accomplices. I could be way off base too. Hoping they are both safe and healthy.
It absolutely should backfire on mom and any accomplices if true. My feeling is the opposite, however, meaning I think mom ran with her daughter because she was afraid of the court allowing contact after the 90 days and truly felt her child was in danger. It’s a rough world out there, especially on your own, in hiding, with a small child. I can’t imagine literally disappearing with my child, knowing the consequences if found, without VERY good reason. And being angry or wanting to get back at dad or keep the child away from dad for less than life-altering reasons just doesn’t make sense to me.

When a parent does something so horrible to a child that a judge has to issue a restraining order to protect the child, the poor child should not have to endure the further trauma of spending any time at all with the abuser, ever. I would absolutely go into hiding to protect my child. Restraining orders are one thing, but courts, especially juries, have a terrible track record of putting children right back into harm’s way.
I hope that she did run. If she didn’t, the most likely scenario is that she and the child were kidnapped, or worse.
MOO

I wonder why the school didn't notify someone?

In WV the compulsory attendance age is 6 by July 1 must attend. Maybe she turned six since 7/1/2019 and wasn’t enrolled this school year.

In WV the compulsory attendance age is 6 by July 1 must attend. Maybe she turned six since 7/1/2019 and wasn’t enrolled this school year.
The Sheriff’s statement says the child was picked up from school.

Dad’s FB offers some food for thought. As does Kimberly’s (post of Oct 9).

The Sheriff’s statement alludes to other places Kimberly has stayed. I wonder if the parents maybe don’t have regular contact with her, and genuinely didn’t realize she was missing.

Last edited:
Father opens up about missing daughter and ex-wife

Lester has split custody of Abby with his ex-wife, Kimberly Cline’s parents. Cline filed for a 90-day protective order against Josh, which prevented him from getting any answers on his daughter’s whereabouts, which he tried to appeal with no luck.

“You start worrying about things like, does she have a jacket or has she ate and everything she’s afraid of starts popping up in my head,” Josh explained.

Josh says his ex-wife has a reoccurring drug problem.

Josh said, “Abby loves her mom, regardless of whatever she does, she loves her mom but she’s been afraid of people that Kim has had her around.”

Kimberly and Abby were last seen together by Cline’s family on November 20th. Deputies began an investigation on January 9th and as of February 3rd, released the statement:

“We have evidence she’s (Kimberly) been traveling out of state, she’s gone missing from her family. Neither she nor her daughter appears to have been kidnapped or are in immediate danger. We have not had direct contact to verify this, and still seek any information on her whereabouts.”

Statement from the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office

Father opens up about missing daughter and ex-wife

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member