WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taximom,
Yes, apparently this poster feels that changing the nics and pics on myspace is making a big joke out of Leah's being missing. They are entitled to their oppinion of course, but I got tired of weeding through those posts to the ones I felt were relevant. So I'm glad to be here at WS with all of you.

Talisman, here is a link to a story that states dogs have been used.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/local/071219-seaton-localmissingmustudent.html

StillHoping,

Thank you so much for that link. Not sure how I missed it before. Wish it wouldn't have rained, maybe the dogs could have picked something up.
We are glad to have you here. Websleuths does seem a step above most message boards I've visited. The poster on the other site didn't seem to understand that her friends were using myspace as a tool to help get the message out about Leah. I kept scratching my head at her numerous comments about it, also. (breathing fresh air again here at websleuths.. phewww.;) )

christine 2448, thanks for the links to the posters.

Thank you again, StillHoping!

Thanks for the welcome Taximom, I have been here at WS since the Laci Peterson case, but didn't join for years, and rarely post. You guys do a fabulous job of sleuthing, though. It's so nice to see people who care about all these missing people and do what they can to help. I also like the UID section of these boards as many boards do not like to focus on such upsetting cases.

I was going to send you a PM with the link to the other forum, but the server was busey, so I'll post it here. Just please understand, I am not trying to arouse harassment for this poster, and I do believe their intentions are good, I just have a very different oppinion of what the important facts are in Leah's case.

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321193&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

OH, that board. LOL Never mind, I'll take your word for it. They are a little too rude for my tastes! (OK, I might peek just to see which poster it is!) LOL

StillHoping,

Thank you so much for that link. Not sure how I missed it before. Wish it wouldn't have rained, maybe the dogs could have picked something up.
We are glad to have you here. Websleuths does seem a step above most message boards I've visited. The poster on the other site didn't seem to understand that her friends were using myspace as a tool to help get the message out about Leah. I kept scratching my head at her numerous comments about it, also. (breathing fresh air again here at websleuths.. phewww.;) )

christine 2448, thanks for the links to the posters.

Thank you again, StillHoping!

You are so welcome. Good to know I wasn't the only one feeling flustered at the other forum. I personally applaude Leah's friends as they were so quick to try to get her info out. They are trying whatever they can to help her. I hope if ever needed, my friends would do the same.

You are so welcome. Good to know I wasn't the only one feeling flustered at the other forum. I personally applaude Leah's friends as they were so quick to try to get her info out. They are trying whatever they can to help her. I hope if ever needed, my friends would do the same.

It seems to be just that one poster that's obviously not dealing with a full deck. The others keep trying to help her understand what the deal is, unfortunately, she's beyond help.

Wow, that poster is dense. They admit to having meds though due to something medical. I hope they aren't like that OFF meds. Also, if they want so much "cooth" they need to spell it right! ROFL

Checked for the latest news on Leah and found none. This reminds me of the woman that was involved with the (congressman?). Almost same exact scenario. Who was that? Why can't I remember her name?

Chandra Levy! That was driving me nuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Levy

Does the property have signs on it advertising "apts for rent" ???
Is a listing in the paper with the address advertising rentals? Did the landlord have an appointment to meet someone there to show an apt that evening?
Is there another key to the apt she might grab to use when running out to check the mail or go to the dumpster or to the laundry room?

Does the property have signs on it advertising "apts for rent" ???
Is a listing in the paper with the address advertising rentals? Did the landlord have an appointment to meet someone there to show an apt that evening?
Is there another key to the apt she might grab to use when running out to check the mail or go to the dumpster or to the laundry room?

Great questions! IMO, FWIW. :D

--Police confirmed Thursday; the rear door of Leah’s car was slightly opened when they began the investigation. Police aren’t sure yet where that fits into the time-line of events.

--Hickman's sister says Leah had six coats and one is missing. “It was tannish-brown with a fur collar,” her sister said.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12576086.html

BB, those are great questions.

Christine, how the heck have you been?

I'm trying to figure in the rear door of Leah's car being open. If she left to run out to the car and locked herself out of the apartment, well then she would not have been able to get into the car. They only thing I can think of is when she got back from Mc Donalds she retrieved something and didn't shut the door all the way.

Do we know what make and year Leah's car is?

And who is this "friend" that Leah was supposed to spend the night with? What time was Leah expected?

Suzi, your comment is the first I've heard Leah was going to spend the night with someone. Did I miss something in a link above? I know her sister, Jessica, typically spent the weekend at her bf's place, and the sisters met up for breakfast Sunday mornings and did "sister stuff".

Suzi, your comment is the first I've heard Leah was going to spend the night with someone. Did I miss something in a link above? I know her sister, Jessica, typically spent the weekend at her bf's place, and the sisters met up for breakfast Sunday mornings and did "sister stuff".

Below is where I got the packing of bags. Maybe I misunderstood and that Leah was packing for a trip home for the holidays and Vickers left to spend the night at a friends. I'm still reading comments over at Greta, but now Vickers is saying that the back door was unlocked and they usually did that when they were doing laundry? I'll keep looking for info on that.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x611865058

Hickman's roommate and older sister, Jessica Vickers, said she had last seen Hickman pack her bags Friday before going to spend the night with a friend. Vickers said that when she returned to the apartment Saturday, Hickman's bag and the rest of her items were still there

Now I'm reading that on NG LE said there is no Mc Donalds tape and Leah's backdoor was open.

What do they mean "no tape"? And earlier I read the back door of her car was open a bit!

LOL I'm getting old. I can't keep facts straight in any of these cases nowadays!

I think this paragraph is misleading:
Hickman's roommate and older sister, Jessica Vickers, said she had last seen Hickman pack her bags Friday before going to spend the night with a friend. Vickers said that when she returned to the apartment Saturday, Hickman's bag and the rest of her items were still there.

I clearly heard Jessica say that they did not discuss what Leah was going to do that evening, and she teared up when saying that. I imagine she's wishing she would have. :(

Now her mom/stepdad were worried about weather when talking about coming home, so maybe she was packing for that trip. ? I don't know how far away they were, and maybe she was just packing for the trip home which might have been after she left work Saturday?

So many questions!!

What do they mean "no tape"? And earlier I read the back door of her car was open a bit!

LOL I'm getting old. I can't keep facts straight in any of these cases nowadays!

Sorry, I edited my above post to say Mc Donalds tape. And what backdoor? Her apartment? Her car? Still reading, brb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper