Found Deceased WV- Ronald Rafael Mayo, 37, Beckley, 20 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LATEST: Remains identified as missing Beckley man | WVNS

FOUND DECEASED

According to Raleigh County Sheriff Scott Van Meter, the body was identified as Ronald “RJ” Mayo. He was first reported missing on June 20, 2020. His body was sent to the State Medical Examiner’s Office.

I honestly was shocked when I came across this; I didn’t see it coming. Terribly sad...

This is an area just east of Beckley and just north of Glen Morgan. One news article stated that he was found in Piney Creek near Glen Morgan. And Beckley abuts to Glen Morgan. Piney Creek actually stops right where Glen Morgan starts and turns into Beaver Creek.

The photo depicts an interstate roadway that is up above the tree tops by quite a bit as it crosses the valley where Piney Creek is located. If you look just left of center, you're looking at the area where the creek is. It's possible that he was pushed/thrown off the highway or jumped in this area. But I am thinking that he might have been located closer to home.

Just to the south of this is a smaller road called Piney Creek Road. It's one of few roads that intersect with Piney Creek. The creek is just a stone's throw from the road. Overhead images show some whitewater. It's probably the creek water breaking across some large stones. It gives me the impression that the water is moving fast enough that a person could drown. I just don't know how deep it is.

I checked a few addresses listed for him. Neither is closer than a mile or two from the creek. So I'm not thinking that he walked there.

upload_2020-7-14_5-25-46.png

I wonder if this might’ve been one of those death by misadventure cases. I’m not taking any other options off the table, mind you. I know that area, but not well at all. Could he have fallen? Could it have been a hit and run? Just my thoughts. Beckley has seemed to grow more and more with crimes. I know a lot is drug related. I’m so glad my parents never moved there. I worked at a Dental Office in Beckley a few decades ago. You had to be careful where I worked even back then. I feel so badly for his family and friends.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1
Back