Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just asked to look at this thread and saw this morning she had been located. My deepest condolences to the family. Let me know if you need me to review any case details.

I read this news last night and got off my phone, I’m so heartbroken. Can’t imagine what you guys are feeling right now, please know you are being sent love and hopes of healing from this big group at Websleuths.

This is still the only MSM source reporting she was found:

PINEDALE — Aubree Corona, who had been missing since July 13, has been found dead. Her body has been found according to information relayed by a church prayer chain on Tuesday afternoon.

The news came after Wednesday's edition of the Rocket-Miner went to print.

Missing woman found dead

I really thought there would be more info reported by this morning. Or at the very least a quick statement from the sheriff's office confirming she was found. The silence from LE troubles me. Are they waiting on an official ID? I hope the delay means LE is actively working to ensure justice for Aubree. MOO.

This is still the only MSM source reporting she was found:

Missing woman found dead

I really thought there would be more info reported by this morning. Or at the very least a quick statement from the sheriff's office confirming she was found. The silence from LE troubles me. Are they waiting on an official ID? I hope the delay means LE is actively working to ensure justice for Aubree. MOO.
I know! I’m biting my tongue! Where is the sheriff's office? Then again I’ve eaten crow when doubting LE in the past- learned there was a very excellent reason for their communication/lack of communication/action/lack of action, etc. Hoping this is the case here.

On another note, rocketminer could have found a more respectful title to acknowledge Aubree’s passing. Irritating.

I can think of at least 3 possible theories right now (in no particular order):

1. She got really, really lost, and either ran out of gas or stuck in some mud and tried to walk out of the area.

2. She was frustrated with how her life was going and decided to walk away for a bit. Someone else helped her find the most remote location possible to hide the truck in order to buy her time and then that person took her to her desired destination out of the area.

3. Someone harmed her, hid her body in one location and moved the truck to this location to make it look like she got lost/stuck there and tried to walk out.

MOO.

No. 3 gets my vote.

I would like to see a complete map of the grid searches which includes the grid searches from SCSO and Fremont County.
What troubled me most was suspending the search after two days.

I suspect this particular LE agency will come under some heavy scrutiny.
Didn’t they use a helicopter? Drones? Truck should have been visible from the air. IDK. So many questions. But most important did she survive? Had to have water.

I asked SCSO facebook page about it, and they said there will be a press release this morning.
Fremont County page just gives a link to the article linked above. It was updated this morning to say the info came from a prayer chain.

So, nothing official. Probably pending positive ID from coroner.

Statement by the Sheriffs Office

(Pinedale, Wyo –August 21st, 2019) Search and rescue members locate body of missing Aubree Corona during search of the area where her vehicle was found over the weekend.

Yesterday August 20th 2019, search and rescue personnel found the body of Aubree Corona who had been missing since mid-July. A new joint search and rescue mission conducted by Fremont and Sublette county was initiated when the vehicle she was reported to be driving when she went missing had been discovered over the weekend. The vehicle, which was found on a remote non-traveled road was located in Fremont County in the Leeds creek area.

The vehicle was found to have approximately a half of tank of gas remaining when it was found. The vehicle was found to be inoperable and would not be able to be restarted. Detectives also found the missing dirt bike to be leaned over inside the back of the truck consistent with reported sightings of her and the truck on the 13th of July.

Searchers had begun covering the area Monday where the truck was located. On Tuesday searchers had located Aubree approximately 1.3 miles away from where her truck was found. There was no cell phone coverage in that area making cell phone ping attempts ineffective. No foul play is suspected at this time, and the cause of death is unknown at this time. An autopsy has been scheduled by Fremont County, as they continue their investigation.

The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office as well as the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office wishes to extend our deepest condolences to the friends and family of Miss Corona in this difficult time.

###

Sergeant Travis Bingham
Public Information Officer
Sublette County Sheriff's Office
35 1/2 S. Tyler Ave, PO Box 701
Pinedale, WY 82941
tbingham@subso.com
Office 307.367.5236
Cell 307-360-7737

Sublette County Sheriff's Office

Aubree is not the typical missing woman that the media cares about. She had some difficulties that render many victims with similar issues to be invisible to the public.

But not here. All of you on this thread were so passionate about sorting through it all and trying desperately to figure out something, anything, to find Aubree.

In the midst of yet another horrible ending, that touches my heart. You are all wonderful people.

This is a beautiful post, gitana. Thank you for saying this. It’s true.

I was just asked to look at this thread and saw this morning she had been located. My deepest condolences to the family. Let me know if you need me to review any case details.

Thank you, trackergd for coming here.

I asked SCSO facebook page about it, and they said there will be a press release this morning.
Fremont County page just gives a link to the article linked above. It was updated this morning to say the info came from a prayer chain.

So, nothing official. Probably pending positive ID from coroner.

SCSO now has information posted on their Facebook page. Summarized below as I don't think the page can be linked per TOS.

She was found 1.3 miles from the truck. Truck had 1/2 tank of gas but was inoperable. No cell phone service in area, so they couldn't ping her phone. Foul play is not suspected. Autopsy has been scheduled.

MOO: What a horrible sequence of one mishap after another this poor woman endured before she succumbed. Just nightmarish. I hope she is at peace now, and I wish her family and loved ones comfort in the knowledge that they truly did all they could to search for her and make her story known. It's just heartbreaking to think this type of misadventure can still happen to someone who wasn't even seeking outdoor adventure or isolation, in this crowded world, with people searching and modern technology at her fingertips yet useless. Another reminder of how tenuous life is.

edited to distinguish fact from personal opinion

Last edited:

From the above link:

“half of tank of gas remaining”

Vehicle “found to be inoperable and would not be able to be restarted.”

Bike was still in the back of the truck.

“...searchers had located Aubree approximately 1.3 miles away from where her truck was found.”

“no cell phone coverage in that area making cell phone ping attempts ineffective”

“No foul play is suspected at this time, and the cause of death is unknown at this time.”

(ETA: Sorry for repost, I see you guys already posted all that)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NancyChancy
Back