WY WY - Deborah Rae Meyer, 14, Rawlins, 4 August 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's her NAMUS https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6400/

Age-progressed on 04/20/06 to age 47.

Composite image of what Deborah may look like at 53 years old.

Circumstances: The photo on the right is a composite image of what Deborah may look like at 53 years old. Deborah left a relative's home in Rawlins, Wyoming on August 4, 1974 to see a movie and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since. Deborah had a full set of false teeth and a small round growth on her left ear.

Diane Meyer
This obituarie is of Diane Meyer whom I think is Deborah’s mother. She died this year without knowing what happened to her daughter. It says she had a daughter named Deborah.

Tomorrow Deborah will be missing for 44 years. This mystery is truly saddening and I hope her case can still be solved. I think Ted Bundy or royal russel long may have been involved in her disappearance but we may never know for sure. RIP Deborah Rae Meyer.

The Rawlins Rodeo disappearances have two episodes of True Crime Garage about them. I listened to about 10 minutes of the first episode before I had to put it down - someone let me know if it's worth a listen! The Rawlins Rodeo Murders /// 274 /// 275

Deborahs Charley Link has been updated

Here's her NAMUS The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Age-progressed on 04/20/06 to age 47.

Composite image of what Deborah may look like at 53 years old.

Circumstances: The photo on the right is a composite image of what Deborah may look like at 53 years old. Deborah left a relative's home in Rawlins, Wyoming on August 4, 1974 to see a movie and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since. Deborah had a full set of false teeth and a small round growth on her left ear.
Due to her dentures I wonder if she's an UID with her estimated age being a lot older.

Did she go to the cinema alone? She was a teenager, at that age it's very common to go to the cinema with your circle of friends.

Did she go to the cinema alone? She was a teenager, at that age it's very common to go to the cinema with your circle of friends.
Deborah’s case is a strange one for sure. Very few details are available about her actual disappearance and I couldn’t find any newspapers about her from 1974. Also, the MP report date on her NamUs is March 16th 1978 which I’ve always wondered about as well.

We hear so much about Royal Russell Long’s possible connection to this case and yes he’s a good suspect and one of the most likely people to be involved but id love to hear more about Deborah and her life and obviously the exact details surrounding her presumed abduction.

Even if Long is somehow not the suspect we are looking for in this case, I still think Deborah was abducted by a stranger while walking

Last updated 5/18/2022

Left: Meyer, circa 1974; Middle:: Age-progessed image to age 47 (circa 2006); Right:: Age-progessed image to age 53 (circa 2012)

Name: Deborah Rae Meyer
Case Classification: Non family Abduction
Missing Since: August 4, 1974
Location Last Seen: Rawlins, Carbon County, Wyoming.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: October 20, 1958
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: A small round growth on her left ear. DNA available

Identifiers​

Dentals: Deborah has a full set of false teeth
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Deborah left a relative's home in Rawlins, Wyoming on August 4, 1974 to see a movie and never returned. She has not been seen or heard from since.

There were four disappearances of young women within a seven-week period in July and August 1974 in and around the town of Rawlins. Carlene Brown was last seen with her friend Christy Gross, age 19, while visiting the Little Britches Rodeo in Rawlins, Wyoming on July 4, 1974.

The skeletal remains of Christy Gross were found on October 27, 1983, three miles south of Sinclair, Wyoming. She had been killed by two heavy blows to the skull.

Ten-year-old Jayleen Banker vanished while visiting the Carbon County Rodeo after being separated from a friend on August 23rd. Her body was later recovered in a field.

Deborah and Carlene have never been located.

The suspect in the 1981 Oklahoma abductions of Cinda Pallett and Charlotte Kinsey , and the 1984 abduction of Sharon Baldeagle was considered a possible suspect in the 1974 cases because he lived in the area and worked in fairs and carnivals like the ones being held at the time. But, no evidence has ever connected him to them.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Rawlins Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 307-324-6404
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

Agency Name: Carbon County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 307-324-2776
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: M0244489228