Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moo...it does look like blood on her face. But i cannot see any place(wound) on face where it originated from. It is smeared blood. Moo

First thought:
Probably it is, but it is not certain that this is blood.
Could be make-up or whatever ...

Definitely looks like a scratch on her lower right cheek. I don't think it's makeup. If this is the traffic stop, she'd hardly have had time to apply it. And she traveled right - unless she had fake blood in her makeup kit, I think I'm going with there was a physical altercation, just as described by witnesses in Moab. IMO.

On her way to a black eye. And maybe a goosehead on her forehead.

I'm so sad for her.

JMO
Moo...i am pretty sure that is ezcema on her forehead. Her eye is not blood shot..there is no swelling or bruising . .there is no black eye on the way. There are 2 tiny cut under eye brow, could be from her own nails or his. I agree they had an emotionally volatile relationship. They also had a mutual combat slap relationship. <modsnip>.
It is sad enough that she died there is no need to dramatize her life....moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Moo...i am pretty sure that is ezcema on her forehead. Her eye is not blood shot..there is no swelling or bruising . .there is no black eye on the way. There are 2 tiny cut under eye brow, could be from her own nails or his. I agree they had an emotionally volatile relationship. They also had a mutual combat slap relationship.<modsnip>

The Teton County Coroner’s Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.”

Definitely looks like a scratch on her lower right cheek. I don't think it's makeup. If this is the traffic stop, she'd hardly have had time to apply it. And she traveled right - unless she had fake blood in her makeup kit, I think I'm going with there was a physical altercation, just as described by witnesses in Moab. IMO.
I agree. My first thought was the lower mark next to her mouth looked like a scratch. The thing is, I don't see a scratch on her in the Moab body cam so it appears he smacked her afterward. Probably wasn't laughing or joking like he did with the officers beforehand. <self-censors myself or this site will do it for me>

Poor dear girl. :(

1675795343141.png

I captured at 49:35 in:

Moo...i am pretty sure that is ezcema on her forehead. Her eye is not blood shot..there is no swelling or bruising . .there is no black eye on the way. There are 2 tiny cut under eye brow, could be from her own nails or his. I agree they had an emotionally volatile relationship. They also had a mutual combat slap relationship. <modsnip>
Her cause of death was strangulation. She looks battered to me in the photo. Even if there was mutual hitting, she was no match for Brian, as shown by her manner of death.

And in the Moab incident witnesses reported him hitting her on a busy street in the middle of the day, hanging her backpack outside the vehicle & attempting to drive off without her. She didn't do those things. She did climb over him into the van & admitted hitting his arm while alerting him to the cops behind them.

I won't defend mutual aggression but I think the facts speak loudly from the mountaintop here.

JUST MY OPINION

ETA: We don't know if she was beaten before she died. Maybe she was.

Her cause of death was strangulation. She looks battered to me in the photo. Even if there was mutual hitting, she was no match for Brian, as shown by her manner of death.

And in the Moab incident witnesses reported him hitting her on a busy street in the middle of the day, hanging her backpack outside the vehicle & attempting to drive off without her. She didn't do those things. She did climb over him into the van & admitted hitting his arm while alerting him to the cops behind them.

I won't defend mutual aggression but I think the facts speak loudly from the mountaintop here.

JUST MY OPINION

ETA: We don't know if she was beaten before she died. Maybe she was.
Her cause of death was more than strangulation.

The Teton County Coroner's Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.”

Her cause of death was more than strangulation.

The Teton County Coroner's Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.”

I revise my opinion. She didn't beat up her own head & neck.

I think we can assert she was battered at least twice.

MOO

With his hand over her face like she motions, IMO his nails would hit right where I see cuts by her eye. Do we know if BL wore a ring? I wonder if the half-moon injuries on her cheek come from a tight handhold and a ring.

JMO
I did not see any rings on his fingers in the traffic stop vid.

1675796136773.png

This is the best I could get on his right hand.

1675796306563.png

I did not see any rings on his fingers in the traffic stop vid.

View attachment 400968

This is the best I could get on his right hand.

View attachment 400970

The officers clearly state in this video that "she has marks on her too." I don't think it was that the Moab LE completely ignored her injuries, but by both their admissions, it was a mutually combative situation. Unfortunately, that stop doesn't give the whole picture of their relationship nor the ultimate outcome in the works. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler