Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The FBI docs were fascinating. Now I have questions!

Did we already know about the witness account of Brian acting like a "lunatic"? They didn't call 911 after watching a man push a woman into a car, after she refused to engage with him (Gabby pushed back against Brian's hug attempt). 8-12-2021

Other interesting info I want to explore from the FBI docs:
  • They found two arrows near Gabby's body?? Unrelated but weird?
  • Was the fingernail found in the door panel ripped off, sign of a struggle? I'm guessing not, since the van was sterilized so well by the Laundries.
  • The JW Watchtower magazine was weird.
  • What taunting text messages???

Why was there no mattress in the campervan?

Makes me think every element of his "confession" was a lie. No creek. No rock. Well, not like he told it anyway.

I suspect that he may have strangled her in her van. Or at a minimum, there was prior violence in that bed.

Where would Gabby be now, if only she's been given the opportunity she deserved to outgrow him and shine forward?

Jmo

do people read the "fingernail" as an actual finger nail or a fake one? Unusual for a whole fingernail to detach IMO. Also, was it ever answered where all of Gabby's clothing and possessions went? (Disposed of by BL somewhere between the west coast and FL?)
I read it as a fingernail clipping. The FBI notes say there was nothing remarkable about items in that area. If it was bloody the Laundries would have noticed and gotten rid of it.

I think it just means Gabby might have been biting her nails in the passenger seat :(

The missing mattress was puzzling to me, too.

I have so many questions after reading all that.

There were so many people who came forward after they realized they were in the same place as Gabby and Brian at the same time and realized they had photos of them in the background of their own photos or people who looked a lot like them.

Dr. Richards (former New Scotland Yard criminal behavioural analyst Laura Richards, BSc, MSc, MBPsS is a renowned international expert on domestic violence, stalking, sexual violence, homicide and risk assessment) spoke with Gabby's mother and they discuss some red flags that were missed regarding Brian. They discuss how "love bombing" may seem romantic but it can be a warning sign.

Dr. Richards and Gabby's mom also discuss what the proven best practices are for addressing DV and reforming laws regarding Coercive Control . Gabby's mom has been speaking with law enforcement personally on these issues and she said they are receptive and interested to hear how they can do better.

Wow wow wow!

"His sister told me another story that he left her out there and flew home, and yet you're seeing the van in their driveway, and they won't say where she is," she says.

Had Brian's sister revealed that info? Did she get deposed? I thought she said Brian refused to discuss anything about Gabby when they all enjoyed the post-murder Laundrie Family Camping Experience?

Also, I'm glad law enforcement noted that Gabby was the only registered owner of the van.

Even though Chris said the van was "both of theirs", he didn't seem frustrated or surprised that LE was going to tow it away immediately.

Wow wow wow!

"His sister told me another story that he left her out there and flew home, and yet you're seeing the van in their driveway, and they won't say where she is," she says.

Had Brian's sister revealed that info? Did she get deposed? I thought she said Brian refused to discuss anything about Gabby when they all enjoyed the post-murder Laundrie Family Camping Experience?
Perhaps she was unaware that he had driven the van back, unaware it was sitting in the family driveway. An impression that Brian flew home (again), leaving Gabby and her van behind, is less ominous than stealing her van and leaving her behind. I get the impression the daughter was mislead, giving her the wrong (the less ominous) impression.

Likely led to believe there was a parting of ways (wherein Gabby still had her van and the ability to breathe) and told not to bring up the subject nor her name at the family campsite because wounded Brian was too fragile. IMO Brian, the always protected, nary deserving golden boy. Another misunderstood genius. Sarcasm intended.

JMO

Last edited:
Wow wow wow!

I sounds like the sister was referring to the incident shortly before the murder when Brian did actually fly back leaving Gabby behind. That quote jumped out at me when I first read it. But I don't see why his sister would have any incentive to lie in this way. We don't know what she was told about BL's second return.

I still don't know what really transpired when BL flew back, and unfortunately, it seems we will never know what happened. (I don't buy the stated reason of moving things out of storage). I suspect things weren't going well with BL and GP and he left. He either changed his mind, or was told he couldn't just leave GP out west all alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back